SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 23 January 2013, 17:56
Voodoo guru

Short Fuse Immediate Need: McAfee NSM - DC area preferred but not required

SB APPROVED:

The client is a financial company that uses the McAfee Security Suite; and they are about to be 5 versions behind.

The requirement is for a McAfee Network Security Manager (McAfee NSM) certified / highly qualified consultant to help a customer do some upgrades and firmware refreshes, as well as an assessment of implementation and improvements.

The engagement would be able to start within a week, in the DC area, likely to be two 4 weeks stints.

- 1st 4 weeks - identify fixes, upgrades, process and implementation plan, and knowledge transfer, catch up on firmware versioning
- 2nd 4 weeks - execute against plan, help with implementations, knowledge transfer, and help with fixes
Item of interest: the current NSM administrator is a new engineer to the bank, and is still getting spun up on technology

This Bank has just been given notice from McAfee about the need to get the upgrades and revisions done ASAP, because previous versions will no longer be supported.

Start date is as soon as possible.

More technical details:
They have 13 sensors monitoring the e-commerce networks and are the most mission-critical network segments, internal network segments, and segments with Internet connectivity. (ie. for a particular office, for their email server(s), etc.)

They have primary and backup NSM appliances in two different physical locations. The backup is in the mid-west and would be addressed remotely or by coordinating with an engineer on-site at that location.

Apparently there is also third NSM appliance used for QA, but the engineer hasn't been able to locate it.

Travel is covered, the resource doesn't have to be in DC, but it might help with ease of delivery and speed to the client.

Pay up to $115 / hour.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 23 January 2013, 22:09
Old Scroll

Dayum... the Geeks are making a fookin' killing!
Old 24 January 2013, 09:27
Voodoo guru

Part of that pay is so that they stay away from normal humans. Their social skills tend to be lacking. :-)

Considering the cyber attacks coming from Iran and China, these guys are worth the bones.

As for the role: to anyone considering, if you know the MacAfee suite, but are not certified, drop me a line. This bank finally had a reality check and are desperate.

That said, if you're on the fence, and you're working another gig, you can likely discretely do this one on the side. Just sayin... They only care that the work gets done.

Old 25 January 2013, 00:51
On the Extract Bird

You don't have to keep me away from normal humans, but you should keep me away from your women folk.

The pay is not all that impressive when one takes into consideration that McAfee Professional Services is likely asking in the neighborhood of $300/Hr. The Bank is actually shopping around for a good deal. I suspect these guys are fools. 5 versions behind indicates accountants are running the show, not Common Sense.

I'll charge you $225+Expenses. My next opening is in March.

ETA: BOFH, AssertNull, and I could likely tag team this in half the time they expect - but of course we'd milk it for all it is worth. They deserve it for being so negligent.

Last edited by Fubar; 25 January 2013 at 00:56.
Old 25 January 2013, 01:03
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
Part of that pay is so that they stay away from normal humans. Their social skills tend to be lacking. :-)

Considering the cyber attacks coming from Iran and China, these guys are worth the bones.

As for the role: to anyone considering, if you know the MacAfee suite, but are not certified, drop me a line. This bank finally had a reality check and are desperate.

That said, if you're on the fence, and you're working another gig, you can likely discretely do this one on the side. Just sayin... They only care that the work gets done.
I'm a current McAfee NSM admin/analyst, but no certification...

...hell, if I can make side money, I'll do so in a heartbeat...

While true:
Continue

Last edited by BOFH; 25 January 2013 at 01:20.
Old 25 January 2013, 07:27
Voodoo guru

I do not disagree with you miscreants in the least.

Let me run that up the poll. They'd be stupid to say no.

Old 25 January 2013, 11:55
On the Extract Bird

BTW - Despite my arrogant sounding attitude, I sincerely appreciate you posting opportunities, chokeu2. BOFH - go get 'em Man!
Old 25 January 2013, 12:25
Voodoo guru

All good!
Not arrogant at all. Correct.

My POC changed the amount of hours, to try and balance the pay/experience issue; to make it worth the time. BOFH is all over it.

The opp that I posted however; is righteous for the right person. So if ya like Florida...

Old 6 February 2013, 18:34
Authorized Personnel

Damn. Wish I saw this earlier :)

Our new posting rules