SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > History

Old 5 March 2016, 15:05
Preparing to defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Where are the pics you promised?
HAHAHA! I believe I said "one day", inferring I need to get off my lazy ass and do it. But that day is yet to arrive. In the middle of re-re-rearranging of whole house. If you're married, you'll understand. That includes electronics and wiring to new parts of house.

But I will do it!
Old 5 March 2016, 17:46
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Look forward to seeing them, I haven't seen a lot of photos that other folks took, other than media stuff.

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your thread with some photos of my own, jdogonroad.
Old 5 March 2016, 21:25
Preparing to defend

Not at all, Brother, not at all. Love pics, like you say, far and few between. I have some pretty cool ones. Caveat, I didn't take all them. We couldn't take cameras, but after a while, an enterprising W2, managed to wrangle one of the two 35mm Safety Kit cameras. I bought film, if he gave me copies. So, I got pics and the negatives of everything. Since we worked mainly at night, photos during the actual ground war are few.
Old 6 March 2016, 02:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
Arar was a desolate, desolate, place. Went there just a couple times. Our brothers from Campbell , whom you were probably with, played up there. Anderson's crash was a blow. Were you there that night?
There was a helo crash during a medevac returning to the AF. That was the one killing CSM Hurley.

Karl Childers
Old 6 March 2016, 09:07
Preparing to defend

That's the one.

Our new posting rules