Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 15 June 2009, 00:33

Intro

Hello Peers,
I am currently a 13B stationed in Hawaii with the 25th. Considering on going to SFAS or re-classing to PSYOP. I am thankful that there is a site to communicate with others who strive for excellence.
Old 15 June 2009, 01:40

Brief indroduction to SOCNET

Greetings to all the members of the SOCNET. Well I have been doing the standard PSD and CET in Iraq since 04. Im currently working on armoring and modifying HMMWVs for the US SF and ICTF. If any of you are about or are currently in my area. You will know where to find me- upside down in one of your turret or down on range 5.

Best regards to all of you SF men and woman I met here and of course the old timers with III MEF Hawaii and Oki. Great working with you and hope to see you around.

And finally if there is anything I can do to help you all that are having issues with your Tactical vehicles let me know and I'll try my best to see if we cant fix that

ICEMAN
Old 15 June 2009, 10:15

Greetings, just enlisted as 37F in the USAR. Will keep head down and eyes and ears open. Thank you for allowing me entrance into your house.

Slowchoke
Old 15 June 2009, 11:45

Hello everyone! Found this website while surfing the internet on a boring Afghanistan day. Been living a childhood dream as an 11C paratrooper since 04. I've served in the
82nd and 173rd. Finally made my decision (with support from the boss of the house) to put my name in the hat for SFAS when I get back from Afghanistan.

Look forward to shootin' the shit and getting to know everyone

Razorback
Old 15 June 2009, 16:19
Banned User

Introduction

From my profile:

My term of service was from 1972-1996, I was what is now an 11B in the 2/47th INF 9th ID in Vietnam. Commissioned via ROTC in 1976 serving 20 years. I just recently retired a second time from Uncle Sam living in sunny Clearwater, FL.

Additional information:

I also served at the Ranger Department now the RTB at Fort Benning, and numerous other stateside and overseas locations. My final post was at the USMA at West Point, N.Y.

After serving the Army I was with a division of the US Government for another 15 years. As I said above I retired a second time and now I work for my wife completing 'honey-do's' under her supervision.
Old 15 June 2009, 16:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by UINPJB View Post
I also served at the Ranger Department now the RTB at Fort Benning,
When were you at Benning?

RGR.M
Old 15 June 2009, 18:18
Authorized Personnel

First post

Former AF pilot. Have several friends on SOCNET, currently work for a PSC. Looking for SA on what is going on in the overseas security arena. Thanks for having me.
Old 16 June 2009, 18:14
Confirmed User

Not my first post, but it's been ages since I checked in here. Still doing the 11B thing at Battalion level Recon with 2ID at Lewis. Recent graduate of the Language Enabled Soldier program (Arabic). Looking forward to coming back here more often, thanks for havin' me.
Old 16 June 2009, 21:24

Hello gents,

I am a young Marine officer from Texas and I am here to read more and post less... for now at least. I have had mentors from different branches of the military and have great respect for all of those who have gone before me. Thanks for your time.

S/F

- Humble Pie
Old 17 June 2009, 07:44

Thanks for having me here

Hi all,
I joined the Army Reserve in 2006, MOS 38A. Served 6 years and was never deployed. In a way I am glad I was never deployed (for my family) but it makes me feel like a wannabe too.
I joined Socnet after my dad referring me here at different times. I am going to do the Bataan Death March Memorial (individual heavy category) and he recommended this site for info. I have found great info already about foot care and gear and will try to keep any questions to a minimum (and make sure they are well thought out and researched).
Thanks for having me here.
Old 17 June 2009, 08:38

Intro

Glad to be on board I have been following along with SOCNET for quite some time and decided to join a community of experienced personnel from all types of High Speed Backgrounds and unique experiences.

Prior 31B MP, did a tour in Afghanistan walking the box with the current Ambo. Now I crossed over to the IT field and im trying to gather good intel and find my way back downrange working a contract with one of the major players. Thanks for the approval.
Old 17 June 2009, 09:48

Introduction

I'm from Northern Virginia and while I have never been in the military, I grew up in a family with strong Navy ties. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the men and women who serve our country. I'm here because a friend of mine dated a guy who claimed to be a Navy SEAL. I'm pretty sure it was a lie but I would just like to know for sure.
Old 17 June 2009, 12:20

To My Brothers Wearing The Flag

Gentleman,

We all have chosen the field of work that we do for one reason or another. We also understand what the ultimate sacrifice means to us and to our families and friends. Lets not forget those that came before us and paid the price for us, some point in time we will have to do the same to protect what we believe in. To my brothers wearing the Red and Gold we are coming up on our 234th Bday OOOH-RAH! Sorry to my Army brothers, Once a Marine Always a Marine. Lets stay focused on where we are in the world and trust those that are next to us wearing The Flag. As my Full Bird says trust in God,yourself,family. What a wonderful country we live in.

My name is "CC" 490TH CA BN
Old 17 June 2009, 14:34

New to SOCNET

Hi all,
I am a Sophomore in High School, might be the youngest one here, but Thank you for allowing someone like me into a forum like this. I am here because after high school I want to try out for Special Operations, mainly Navy SEALs, and I just want to take in as much valuable knowledge and wisdom I can from the real heroes who are willing to take their time to give many like me good tips for the future. I have been very into the military for the past few years, and I respect all who serve this great nation, and I just hope one day I can join the ranks of those who give it all to this nation. Also if it means anything, I was recommended to this site by greenwarrior .

Thanks.
Hooyahhopeful_2011

Last edited by hooyahhopeful_2011; 17 June 2009 at 14:36. Reason: thought I should add more info.
Old 17 June 2009, 22:40

Hello All

I live in the Atlanta area and currently work for manufactuerer of military and tactical apparel. I am here to check on the status of someone I meet this past year who claims to be a former SEAL Commander who is now retired.

I want to thank you up front for the opportunity to verify this!

KC1224
Old 18 June 2009, 02:04
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysgirl View Post
Hi all,
I joined the Army Reserve in 2006, MOS 38A. Served 6 years and was never deployed. In a way I am glad I was never deployed (for my family) but it makes me feel like a wannabe too.
I joined Socnet after my dad referring me here at different times. I am going to do the Bataan Death March Memorial (individual heavy category) and he recommended this site for info. I have found great info already about foot care and gear and will try to keep any questions to a minimum (and make sure they are well thought out and researched).
Thanks for having me here.
As a SOCNET rookie, I would not be fullfilling my duty/obligation/responsibility of living up to the SOCNET standard if I did not ask you this one question...

Are you hot?
Old 18 June 2009, 09:19

intro

I've been in the Army for a while now, 2 deployments to Iraq. I have been deprived of Army Hooah Schools. I learned as much as I can in my current job, 27D. I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things that the Army has to offer, I was looking into the SOF community "Force of Choice." Thats why I signed up for socnet, so I can get whatever insight.
Old 18 June 2009, 11:30

Hello all,

I have no law enforcement or military background, I'm an interested civilian and supporter. I've been reading this forum for a little while and decided to join in case I had a question or something.

I have degrees in philosophy and political science, so I sell computers, of course. I'm interested in politics and MMA and assorted geeky things. I'll be lurking mostly, but as I said I may ask a question once in a while, or post a reply in the unlikely event that I know something about the topic.

Thanks and Regards.
Old 18 June 2009, 21:59

O POS

I knew someone would ask me that...but after my intro?
my answer would be....yup. SC is pretty hot this time of year!
Oh- in my intro I f-ed up my dates anyway- I joined in 1996. I guess I was still tired when I wrote that! (stupid newbie!)

Last edited by daddysgirl; 18 June 2009 at 22:02.
Old 19 June 2009, 06:14
Confirmed User

Hello All,

I'm a gun plumber from the UK who has had the honour of working with some of the best units around this side of the water and yours. Looking forward to finding out what the world is like once you leave the gates as a civilian and any survival tips for the outside much appreciated.

Small Arms........ itchy backs.

Our new posting rules