Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 10 October 2008, 10:15

Hey guys

Im a recently discharged 11B, I just finished the hard trail of the Federal Government"s hiring process for law enforcement officer.
In the Army I served two year long tours in OIF. Went back to benning got tabbed, and went to Iraq again for another year. Served as a Company marksmen (no, not claiming to be a sniper). Earned a Purple Heart. Proud if what i did and would do it again even if i knew i would get injured. Im a huge Patriot, love this country.
Now I am a Federal Law Enforcement officer. Took me 10 months for the whole hiring process. Glad I can continue to serve my country...but get paid for it this time LOL! Take care guys.

HOOAH
Old 10 October 2008, 10:42
Administrator

AAFRI

POSTED for AARFI:

I am former L.E. of 12 years, 8 of those years spent on SWAT. Recently I went into the private world of security and Bail Recovery and started sub-contracting individuals who were former military and law enforcement. xxxxxxxx is a individual I use on a regular basis. He has told me he is a former SEAL. I think very highly of SEALs and some of his actions and statements have me to believe that he maybe blowing smoke at me. I do know for fact he was in the Navy as a radio operator in the late 70s-early 80s. If you could please check his status as a SEAL it would greatly be appreciated and ease my mind of his tactical abilities when securing a building or house together.
Thanks for the check.
AAFR1
Old 10 October 2008, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhonB View Post
Vertex, no disrespect, but I have to tell you, as the mother of an 18 year old female, the first thing I thought was, 'Do they have these in Florida?'

Welcome!:D
Hey, Rhon.

Yeah, my boy is one willful kid too, and I wish I could control his attitude! Engineering degrees don't mean squat when it comes to parenting. That's a whole 'nother thing. A daily struggle.
Old 10 October 2008, 15:14

Present.
Old 10 October 2008, 17:35
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarykbcomps View Post
Present.
Seriously, sir? That's your introduction?

Kettlebells are cool, don't get me wrong. Fitness competitions are also cool.

But, this is unsat.
"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices." -Bill Watterson
Old 10 October 2008, 18:34

2-22 IN PL for OEF IV and OIF 05-07. Actually spent most of that OIF deployment on battalion staff. Now at FBNC and just finished SFQC. Currently at 2/3 SFG.

Glad to be on the site.
Old 10 October 2008, 21:41

Husker19D30,
Let me try again. I am a supply officer in the Marine Corps. I did 1 tour in Iraq on a Transition Team.
I'm trying to get more service members interested in kettlebell lifting. I am not trying to sell anything.
S/F
MKBC
Old 10 October 2008, 22:38
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarykbcomps View Post
Husker19D30,
Let me try again. I am a supply officer in the Marine Corps. I did 1 tour in Iraq on a Transition Team.
I'm trying to get more service members interested in kettlebell lifting. I am not trying to sell anything.
S/F
MKBC
Roger, sir. That's good stuff!

I've tried kettlebells before, I've read Tsatsouline, and it's fascinating stuff.

Welcome aboard, and I look forward to your contributions.
"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices." -Bill Watterson
Old 11 October 2008, 23:51

I just got out of the Marine Corps at my ten year mark. I was selcted for the Army's Warrant Officer Flight Training program and go back on active duty November 18 for Warrant Officer Candidate School followed by flight school.

I hope to one day be a pilot with the 160th S.O.A.R. and appreciate the chance to lurk here and learn about special operations.
Old 12 October 2008, 06:42

Intro msg

Olddogdiving reporting in as directed, I am a freelancer having worked on several interesting projects with some great SF folks. I have been supporting freelance gigs for 10 years now. Recently FSR for CIED ops in Afghanistan, some field work with a great group of UK SF guys in Iraq and then prior to that ISR and commercial diving gigs all over the place including the ice, 6 other continents and a bunch of mid ocean islands since 1982. At the moment I am on East Coast of Florida with a good deal of time on my hands helping the misses through some medical issues. I am here to learn, listen and stay in my lane.

ODD
sends
Old 12 October 2008, 17:19

Marine 2nd Lt Currently in flight school in P-cola. Got a few friends from college in NSW and EOD down at Eglin. I figured if I ever had any questions about the community and couldn't get a hold of them I could solicit knowledge from you guys.
Old 12 October 2008, 18:09
The perpetual trainee

Hi everyone

11 years Australian Infantry, 1 year Australian Federal Law Enforcement and 1 year PSC in the Middle East so far. Looking to network.

Cheers.
Old 13 October 2008, 13:46

Newbie Old Guy

Howdy,

Thanks for allowing me into your forum. I enlisted into the US Navy in 1962, was aboard a Tincan in the Atlantic. I was released from active duty, to spend 2 years in a reserve unit. Got my papers in 1968. Have been an Electrician most of my life. Should have shipped over in Nam, when I had the chance, but I chose woman over service. I am a Shellback and have gone thru the Panama & Suez Canals on an Around the World Cruise.

John Krzos

My 1911 beats a 911 call!

If you don't stand behind our Troops, Please stand in front of them!
Old 13 October 2008, 13:52

hi guys, my name is brad im a 31 year old mobile electronics engineer from the UK.
First off i need to stress i have NO background in either law enforcement or the military and would not want to disrespectfull by giving the idea that i had.

The only thing i could even claim to be anywhere near any sort of military training was two and a half years as a Royal Marine Cadet as a teenager.

I have always had an interest in all things military related, and beleive that whilst ive been lurking around here i have gained a little more knowlege regarding some of the more elite parts of the military.
I came accros this site whilst looking for more info about the navy SEAL team's which was sparked by reading lone survivor.

cheers.
Old 13 October 2008, 18:07

Hi, 3 years 1st ranger batt 03-06. Going to Marine PLC, just looking for some information.
Old 13 October 2008, 18:42

Cherry Blast

All,

I am a new member to this net. Thanks for having me.

Entered the Army in 1986 as an infantryman.

In 1989, I attended SFOT/SFAS, went to Airborne training, then the SFQC.
I was assigned to 7th SFG(A).

With the exception of a tour at JOTB at Fort Sherman, Panama, I stayed in the 7th until I got out in late 1998.

I have been working as a contractor for the Government for the past 5 years or so.

I did a brief stint in Anbar last year for a couple of months as an MTT leader teaching some equipment classes to Army/Marines.

Tip of the beret for those who have done much time over there, and to those who have made big time sacrifices for the U.S.

DOL,
jncorm
Old 13 October 2008, 19:06
Administrator

Welcome aboard.
Old 13 October 2008, 21:49
Been There Done That

Intro

Hello everyone...I found this site accidentally while looking for an old team mate. My intentions were to lurk but I have since found several old friends and hope to find many more. Thanks
Old 14 October 2008, 05:54
Viking for hire

Kinda old guy, newbie and a lurker extraordinaire...

Hi there,

Thanks Silverbullit for pointing me here. Guess it's a good thing to read the rules and such.

I am a Danish guy, with 12 yrs of military experience in my luggage.
4 yrs SIGINT/EW,
-1 yr SF-school (did not complete due to injuries),
7 yrs LT RECCE in MBTCOY 3SQN/I/DLR
Medic end Rescue diver/Instructor

7 yrs Security
Now consultant.

Thanks for having me

FrontRunnerDK out
Old 14 October 2008, 08:35
Going cyclic!!

Good Morning

Hello all, I am posting my 1st post here per orders.
My name is Bill, and I am a Chief in teh Naval Reserves. I am with the Seabees. I just recently returned from my second tour in Iraq, where I was the convoy commander of a security team. WOrked with EOD quite a bit over there, great guys. Anyway, looking forward to visiting with all of you.

OUT

Our new posting rules