Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 18 January 2008, 00:50

Google Earth

Does anyone know the specific year of google earth views? Seems like maybe 2000. Sorry everyone, I somehow posted my intro outside the: first post goes here thread. Served in the Army (RA) 74-77, Army Reserves 79-80, Army National Guard (AGR) 89-92, Air Force (ANG) 80-84 and Air Force reserves (Tech) 89-89. Nope, never seen action in Iraq, etc. Too old for second Iraq and too young for Vietnam. Have lost all contact with former soldiers too. Guess everyone goes there separate way after out-processing. This web site is very well done. It's a great source of information and with any luck; I might bump into a friend or two from my past.
Old 18 January 2008, 01:13

I have enlisted in the Navy and I am leaving in september of 2008. I am going be a rescue swimmer which will hopefully lead me to succeed in BUD/S training later on in my career. After the Navy, I want to be a firefighter.
Old 18 January 2008, 10:05

Hey there

Former squid here. 1992 - 1995 USS FORT MCHENRY (LSD-43) San Diego.
PN3(SW) - yeah, I was a paper pusher.
I initially found this site trying to expose someone claiming to be a SEAL but continue to visit often.
Old 19 January 2008, 14:33

11B Aco 1st plt 1/75 95-96
Spent a short time at camp greaves korea.
LEO for last 9 years.
Old 19 January 2008, 23:10

Enlisted in 2006, at 17 as a split op as a 42A in the Army Reserve. Currently waiting on paperwork to come so I can go onto active duty and reclass.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:01
Pre-Chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailBuoy
Mailbuoy here.and Wpns/1/9 w/ 15th MEU 1993).
That would have been 13th MEU. Did you know Lcpl Perez?
Old 20 January 2008, 01:51

I seemed to have skipped this step earlier so I apoligize if I have violated the protocol. I am a retired 11B and working in the Security field overseas. I am leaving my current contract soon and always looking for new opportunities. My replacement is the one who introduced me to this site and I am very impressed so far. Thanks for all the shared info.
Old 20 January 2008, 09:52
Banned User

Hi

I would like to say thanks for the invite from a mate of mine.

I spent 10 years in the Military
and currently in the Feds, so i hope i can make some great mates, and hopefully score some insite into private security industry.

Cheers
Old 20 January 2008, 11:26

Originally enlisted as NBC and thankfully found a MP unit to transfer to only a few months out of AIT... Part-time civilian LEO and i guess thats about it... Really here just hoping to learn something new considering how broad a spectrum of people from different backgrounds are here
Old 20 January 2008, 16:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather
That would have been 13th MEU. Did you know Lcpl Perez?
Got my float book out and you are correct Sir! Yup, knew Perez as we have discussed via PM. RIP Perez.
Old 20 January 2008, 19:43
McGuire Rig rider

incommin to rt nail

Greetings to all,

I was here a couple of years ago, at least it seems like a couple of years ago, under the handle of incommin. Last October I retired from the sheriff's office where I had been serving as a crime scene/ID tech.

I am a retired CSM with 24 years service. My experience with special ops is limited to a year with 5th SFG, CCS (MACV-SOG) in 1968-1968. I also served in the 7th and 10 Special Forces Groups. I am a published author with more books in the mill...... writing fills my days now along with shooting, fishing, and enjoying my family.

Thanks for letting me take part....
Old 20 January 2008, 22:07

Ryan in NC here. I had a chance meeting with "Scotty" recently and he encouraged me sign up.

-Army (2001-2006), left a SSG
-Counterintelligence Agent
-519 MI BN, Fort Bragg, NC
-Opeartion Enduring Freedom (Jul 02-Feb 03)
-Operation Iraqi Freedom (Mar 03-Dec 03, Nov 04-Nov 05)
Old 21 January 2008, 02:16

Hi all,

I'm an Aussie and have been serving with the Regular Army for 8 years now. Looking forward to learning from and contributing to the forum.

Johnno
Old 21 January 2008, 11:10

gidday all ,
Ex new zealand army for 11 years as a infantryman...on my third year here in iraq first 2 and a half spent working for AGI doing convoys/PSD now working on the civpol contract as PSD
Old 21 January 2008, 12:13

Army 19D , 5 years corrections, 4 years LE patrol, 2 years Iraq - Mobile Teams / Force Protection, now XO of contract.

Been lurking for a while, know alot of people on here, laughed my ass of sometimes, gritted my teeth others.......out of the shadows, still probably wont say much
Old 21 January 2008, 18:34

Intro

Retired 5326. Served on ST-2, 8, NSWDG, Navy SERE and at AFSOC. retired 2005 out of OSJ at hurlburt field. Live in north idaho now. Exploring job possibilities here and eastern washington. Not interested in going on deployment again, but willing to consider reasonable amount of travel.
Thanks.
Old 21 January 2008, 21:29

Hey Everyone, new guy here!

Hello,
I'm AE3 Hicker of VFA-122 at NAS Lemoore, CA. I started my military career in the Oregon Army National Guard as an Infantryman (11B.) I served in a Scout platoon for the 1/186 Infantry for 3 years before requesting release from the ARNG to go active duty Navy, so I could pursue my goal of becoming a SEAL. Being a Recon soldier really flicked a switch in me and I realized that I loved every part of the job and had to do it full time. So I looked at Ranger, Army SF, and SEAL, and decided that being a SEAL was the best choice for me.

While I was in the process of enlisting in the Navy, a buddy of mine enlisted under the SEAL Challenge contract. He ended up getting injured at BUD/S and was sent to the rate/place that the Navy needed him, without much say in it. This kinda got me thinking, and I didn't want the same thing to happen to me. So, I enlisted as an AE (Aviation Electricians Mate,) so that if I got hurt, or DOR'd, or whatever, I would at least have a choice in what job I did afterwards. Its a backup job I guess you could call it.

So, I'm doing my job for now, but am already working with my CCC and my CMC for orders to BUD/S. My command wants me to complete a year here first, so Hopefully I'll be heading to BUD/S next fall for the winter class.

I look forward to lurking around and gathering as much info and advice as I can about Special Operations over the next 9 months to a year.

Thank you for the space.
Old 22 January 2008, 01:06

Introduction

Hi everyone. New to the board
Old 22 January 2008, 14:14

Intro

11B here. Yep, Hi everyone.
Old 23 January 2008, 02:24
Been There Done That

A 3/75 86-87 SOTIC '87
143d LRS TxArNG R/S TL 2001-2008 (OIF'05)
11B3VW3
Tactical Paramedic
Austin, Texas
lurker, listener and learner

Our new posting rules