SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > History

Old 12 April 2019, 14:22

Grenada vet sought for interview

I currently interview men and women that were in combat, since Vietnam. At this time, I have completed 17 interviews, but have not found vets that were in some actions that should be included in order to give readers an understanding of the scope of U.S. military actions since Vietnam. The interviews are for inclusion in two volumes in which combat veterans tell their own experiences in those events.

Similar books by me are Combat Veterans’ Stories of the Vietnam War (five volumes), Combat Veterans’ Stories of World War II (Vol. 1: North Africa and Europe; Vol. 2: Pacific, China, Burma), and Combat Veterans’ Stories of the Korean War (two volumes). Each volume is available on Amazon, Kindle, and Audible, and it is possible to electronically page through and read parts of each volume, on amazon.

The military actions for which I want to interview vets include include the U.S. invasion of Grenada (1983), Panama (1989-1990), Somalia (1992-1994), Bosnia (1992-1995), and Kosovo (1998-1999, and the Iraq invasion (2003).

In connection with the Grenada invasion, I would like to interview someone that was on the island to be involved in combat there, from October 25-27, 1983.

In connection with the Iraq invasion and subsequent insurgency (2003), I would like to interview a man that was in Special Forces that played a part in preparing the way for the Iraq invasion by suborning several senior Iraqi military-unit commanders and also working with Kurds in northern Iraq. An interview with someone involved in the post-invasion search for weapons of mass destruction would also be welcomed.

Other veterans that I would like to interview include veterans of Philippines’ operations targeting various Jihadist terror groups there (2002-2015); Horn of Africa, anti-pirate operations (2002-present); Sahara region of Africa (2007-present), and operations with partner nations, in central Africa consisting of counter-terrorism efforts and policing arms and drug trafficking, if some combat was involved. Finally, I would like to interview a veteran of U.S. involvement in Syria (since April 7, 2017).

npblack2003@yahoo.com
Old 12 April 2019, 14:24
Freelancer

How about you post an introduction?
Old 12 April 2019, 14:24
Administrator

Welcome, Mr. Black.

Please post an intro in the intro thread, as is requested of all new board members.

There are many OPERATION URGENT FURY vets on these boards, many of them known to me personally and I can tell you there are some very good storytellers among them with incredible memories and abilities to recollect.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 12 April 2019, 15:16
Been There Done That

After an intro, I suggest https://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=117909

Buy the book(s).

Our new posting rules