SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 18 June 2019, 14:39
justauser

Acting SecDef Shanahan out

Shanahan is being ousted from his position due to some domestic violence issues nearly a decade ago. POTUS announced today. Army Secretary Esper will be his replacement for now.

Very untimely for this to occur as things heat up in the Gulf.
Old 18 June 2019, 15:03
Confirmed User

It has to be tough:

Quote:
After the 2010 incident, Shanahan and then-wife Kimberley both told police the other punched them, according to USA Today. Shanahan denied the allegations. "Though my marriage ended in sorrow and disappointment, I never laid a hand on my then-wife and cooperated fully in a thorough law enforcement investigation that resulted in her being charged with assault against me—charges which I had dropped in the interest of my family,” Shanahan told USA Today.

The Washington Post also published a story Tuesday detailing other domestic violence incidents involving Shanahan's family, including how his son was arrested in 2011 after allegedly beating his mother with a baseball bat. The Post said Shanahan defended his son, saying at the time he acted in self-defense. Shanahan told the paper this week that resurfacing the incident “will ruin my son’s life,” while backing away from his original self-defense claim.
The guy had been the deputy since Mattis so why is this an new investigation now? Oh, yeah, FBI....

Our new posting rules