SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 June 2019, 21:40
Been There Done That

A person that departs from this earth never truly leaves, for they are still alive in our hearts and minds, through us, they live on. Please accept my condolences.
Old 15 June 2019, 23:23
Never to old to learn

Linda , I noticed you donated any organs that might help anyone. Thank You. He still lives on in someone else's body.
Old 16 June 2019, 05:08
Overseas Gunplumber

I am truly sorry for your loss.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 16 June 2019, 12:31
Been There Done That

PM sent.
Old 16 June 2019, 19:05
Confirmed User

I'm terribly sorry to hear that. My sincerest condolences.
Old 16 June 2019, 23:54
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
Linda , I noticed you donated any organs that might help anyone. Thank You. He still lives on in someone else's body.
I sincerely hope so. I would love it if someone had their sight restored or improved from receiving his corneas or any other organ. I let them take what they would need to help someone.

We were/are organ and tissue donors.

I have an appointment next week to update my will and make sure this happens when I die and I’m cremated and no memorials and no carrying on and my estate and the esecutor would handle things my way.

Some members of the family wanted a huge fufu to do funeral but I shut that down. Waste of time and money that would be better donated to the Navy SEAL Foundation.

Some feelings got hurt but I did exactly what my husband wanted. End of discussion.

One person on his side of the family was freaked out that I donated his tissue and organs. Whatever they needed to help someone else. This person is very selfish was not that close to my husband and was told to mind their own business. To them I am now “That bitch that he married”.

Ya damn right I am. I am doing exactly what my husband wanted. I just can’t deal with these type people so I sent this one on her way.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 17 June 2019, 00:55
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
I sincerely hope so. I would love it if someone had their sight restored or improved from receiving his corneas or any other organ. I let them take what they would need to help someone.

I have an appointment next week to update my will and make sure this happens when I die and I’m cremated and no memorials and no carrying on and my estate and the esecutor would handle things my way.

Some members of the family wanted a huge fufu to do funeral but I shut that down. Waste of time and money that would be better donated to the Navy SEAL Foundation.

Some feelings got hurt but I did exactly what my husband wanted. End of discussion.

One person on his side of the family was freaked out that I donated his tissue and organs. Whatever they needed to help someone else. This person is very selfish was not that close to my husband and was told to mind their own business. To them I am now “That bitch that he married”.

Ya damn right I am. I am doing exactly what my husband wanted. I just can’t deal with these type people so I sent this one on her way.
Linda I agree with you an again thank both you for being organ and tissue donors.
Old 17 June 2019, 10:30
Confirmed User

Quote:

I and the family were in Germany from '85 to '89 during the Mad Cow scare. We were "advised" by the Gov. not to give blood or be organ/tissue donors which IMO sucks. Has anyone else been affected by this or know of any updates/changes? To my knowledge if you have the gene you carry it for the rest of your life even if you don't get the disease. Is that true?

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Old 17 June 2019, 12:46
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P304X4 View Post
We were "advised" by the Gov. not to give blood or be organ/tissue donors which IMO sucks.
Same here, but it wasn't beef.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 17 June 2019, 14:16
Confirmed User

Blessing and peace out to you Linda, very sorry for your loss.

"Some feelings got hurt but I did exactly what my husband wanted." As he would have wanted, piss on anybody else, they don't have the life equity that you two shared, to ask or demand anything.
Old 17 June 2019, 15:19
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P304X4 View Post
I and the family were in Germany from '85 to '89 during the Mad Cow scare. We were "advised" by the Gov. not to give blood or be organ/tissue donors which IMO sucks. Has anyone else been affected by this or know of any updates/changes? To my knowledge if you have the gene you carry it for the rest of your life even if you don't get the disease. Is that true?
No changes. European service or residence for more than 6 months during that time is a PDQ for blood donation.

https://www.webmd.com/men/news/20030221/mad-cow-scare-linked-to-blood-shortage#1

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/eligibility-requirements/eligibility-criteria-alphabetical/eligibility-reference-material.html

Seems like the VA could do a blood donation pool just for veterans and family members who are otherwise prohibited from donation.
Old 18 June 2019, 08:55
Authorized Personnel

I am very sorry for your loss, words cannot express the grief you must be feeling. Bless you and your family.

CG
Old 19 June 2019, 10:12
Confronting the Reckoning

Linda, I am very sorry for your loss. May you find solace. Know that his memory will live on and on in your heart and in those of many others.
Old 19 June 2019, 10:53
Authorized Personnel

So sorry for your loss - Prayers to you and yours
Old 19 June 2019, 15:55
A lost ball in high weeds

Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss, Linda.
Old 19 June 2019, 17:36
Confirmed User

I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 19 June 2019, 20:40
Been There Done That

As usual, very late to a significant thread - Truly sorry to learn of your great loss. From what I have read here over the past years, I know you are a strong person of strong faith. You were truly blessed with your loving relationship.
God Bless You and Your Entire Family.

"For the mission, then. As long as he functions, I will humor him."
"If you don't humor him, you may find out how well he functions."
Old 20 June 2019, 02:17
Psalm 91:2

Y’all are truly so sweet. If the world knew what a bunch of truly kind hearted softies y’all BTDTs are we’d be in trouble.

I’m dealing with some things but am getting them done. My husband left me well cared for.

Prayers are always welcome and like I said earlier if any of y’all need prayers please ask and I will pray for you as hard as I know how. I truly mean that.

I think it helps me to pray for someone else’s needs right now. A few of you have taken me up on this offer and I’m here for anyone else.

Sometimes letting your hurt go in order to help someone else helps you heal. I dunno if that makes sense or not.

Again thanks you guys all your support means a great deal to me.

Blessings.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 20 June 2019, 15:23
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Y’all are truly so sweet. If the world knew what a bunch of truly kind hearted softies y’all BTDTs are we’d be in trouble.

I’m dealing with some things but am getting them done. My husband left me well cared for.

Prayers are always welcome and like I said earlier if any of y’all need prayers please ask and I will pray for you as hard as I know how. I truly mean that.

I think it helps me to pray for someone else’s needs right now. A few of you have taken me up on this offer and I’m here for anyone else.

Sometimes letting your hurt go in order to help someone else helps you heal. I dunno if that makes sense or not.

Again thanks you guys all your support means a great deal to me.

Blessings.
Linda I will take you up on that, Just to many things going on at one time. Just a small prayer, as there are many others need a prayer also. By the way I miss these see photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg radioactive kitty eyes.jpg (2.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 20 June 2019, 15:38
Confirmed User

My deepest condolences.

My father died when I was 8, at work. I can't say "I know what you are going through," but I saw my mother go through it. I pray for God's grace and mercy to sustain you and your family.

Our new posting rules