SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 9 November 2018, 15:05
I've got a gun too, mf'er

Oshie does hit well, so it was very clear (on TV) that he wasn't trying to throw a hit, he was following the puck and not expecting the counter-hit. May be that Malkin didn't know he wasn't going to throw a check. But he still dipped his shoulder and followed right through Oshie's chin with it.
Based on the League's statements, it seems the bottom line is that premeditation is required for supplementary discipline on a headshot, so it seems five-and-a-game was the appropriate penalty for an unintentional headshot.
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 26 November 2018, 13:11
Confirmed User

I scored tickets on the 4th row of last nights Predators game. We were in the corner and it was awesome when they were on our end. We couldnít see shit on the other end, but the tickets were free and we had a great time.
Old 3 January 2019, 21:16
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Its a long season, I wouldn't start to worry till mid January.
Good call by you in response to my post that VGS (Golden Knights) got off to a slow start. In terms of points (52) they're tied for second in the WC, 2 behind Calgary (54).
Old 7 January 2019, 10:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Good call by you in response to my post that VGS (Golden Knights) got off to a slow start. In terms of points (52) they're tied for second in the WC, 2 behind Calgary (54).
Same with the Pens, terrible start but December started to come together. Now is the point where you start thinking, "if they can just stay healthy"

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 24 March 2019, 23:13
Been There Done That

Just got back from the Hurricanes coming back and beating the Habs in OT! They played like dogshit the entire game and still managed to pull it out the last few minutes. The Cardiac Canes of old are back- we haven't clinched yet but will likely hold on to the 1st wildcard or even pass the Penguins. 1st playoffs in TEN years! Its been a hard road being a fan of this team.

I want Washington in the 1st round...
19 Oct 2017
Old 25 March 2019, 08:41
Confirmed User

Predators had a great first half of the season but canít seem to get in sync now. I donít expect them to get out of the 1st round.
Old 15 April 2019, 17:03
Confirmed User

What happened to the hockey fans around here?

How about the top seed starting 0-3 in the first round? The curse of the Presidentís trophy strikes again.
Old 16 April 2019, 09:24
Sub Rosa

I think our Bolts are about to be swept...what an embarrassment!
Old 16 April 2019, 17:25

VGK are playing some good hockey right now, especially the second line; Mark Stone, Max Pacioretty, and Paul Stastny are on fire right now. I think our first 3 lines are really strong, but so far the second line has been tough on the Sharks. While the Sharks have a high scoring offense their goalie (Martin Jones) hasn't been very good this series. Game 4 tonight.

Go Knights Go!

(Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh both face elimination tonight - being from Ohio I would love for Columbus to take that series.)
Old 17 April 2019, 07:59
Confirmed User

I'm still in shock that PIT and TB were swept in the first round. During the season, all of the games between Preds & Stars were close and it's the same so far in the series. Both goaltenders are playing great. Though the Preds are up 2-1, it could go either way.
Old 17 April 2019, 20:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
I'm still in shock that PIT and TB were swept in the first round. During the season, all of the games between Preds & Stars were close and it's the same so far in the series. Both goaltenders are playing great. Though the Preds are up 2-1, it could go either way.
So great- now watch for the Canes to win the next 3 straight against WAS after the epic beat down the other night. We didn't take kindly to Ovy knocking the crap out of Svechnikov even though he started the fight. The Caps are a dirty team and must be made to pay.
19 Oct 2017
Old 17 April 2019, 21:12

I am an admitted fairweather playoff NHL fan.

I know VGK signed Mark Stone at the deadline, but did multiple teams try to sign him come trade time? Was Stone known to be as good as he is come playoff time?

Just asking for thoughts on Mark Stone. Max Pacioretty as well.
Old 19 April 2019, 01:30
Livin' On Blues Power

Its been tough as a blues fan this year, I couldnt go out in public till jan 2019. Too many of them dang blackhawk fans in Socal.

The jets are our biggest roadblock i think. If we can get by them im liking our chances. Watch out for C bus, they can fly.

TB just WTH?

Wheres spinner?
Old 19 April 2019, 08:19
Confirmed User

I don't start following hockey until the playoffs, not a fairweather fan, just not a really into-it fan. But I have LOVED watching The Hurricanes putting it to Washington these past couple games.
Old 19 April 2019, 09:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
I don't start following hockey until the playoffs, not a fairweather fan, just not a really into-it fan. But I have LOVED watching The Hurricanes putting it to Washington these past couple games.
I dont watch the regular season either because I didn't really have a team until last season - Vegas Golden Knights.

But come playoff time I am glued to the TV screen. I need to get myself to some games next season
Old 19 April 2019, 10:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
Its been tough as a blues fan this year, I couldnt go out in public till jan 2019. Too many of them dang blackhawk fans in Socal.

The jets are our biggest roadblock i think. If we can get by them im liking our chances. Watch out for C bus, they can fly.

TB just WTH?

Wheres spinner?
I think if the season had lasted another week the Blues would have won the Central. Iím not sure how the Preds pulled that one off since they went 0-5 vs Jets and Blues down the stretch.

Preds didnít show up the other night and Dallas pounded them. Iím glad thereís two days before the next game so hopefully they can regroup. If they do manage to get past the Stars, I donít see them beating the Jets or Blues.
Old 19 April 2019, 10:18
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
TB just WTH?
Heros to Zeros in 4 games.
Old 19 April 2019, 12:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
We didn't take kindly to Ovy knocking the crap out of Svechnikov even though he started the fight. The Caps are a dirty team and must be made to pay.

Wuuuuutttt? Your boy invited Ovie to fight, got knocked the fuck out, and the CAPS are a dirty team? LMFAO
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 19 April 2019, 12:45
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Wuuuuutttt? Your boy invited Ovie to fight, got knocked the fuck out, and the CAPS are a dirty team? LMFAO
I guess you didnít catch the video of Ovy, the best player in the league, cheapshotting an 18 year old rookie all game every game, including butt stroking him with his stick behind the play. Real classy stuff. The kid finally had enough.

With that kind of play plus Tom Wilsonís antics, the Caps have turned into a team like the Bruins or the Flyers.
19 Oct 2017
Old 19 April 2019, 19:59
Livin' On Blues Power

I thought I heard that was Ovies 1st fight? Hard to believe with how he throws his weight around. In the olden daze a goon would have dealt with Ovie, now inexperienced rookies have to step into the well.

Hell of a right though. I miss the rock em sock em playoff daze. Double shiners, missing teef, trainers sewing up players faces on the bench. That thick carpet thread they used leaves some big holes. Mustache and beard covers mine up pretty good. The best was watching a trainer pull a hanging tooth from a player on the bench.

Our new posting rules