SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 11 December 2018, 13:01
Moving Target

VA Dental ?

I recently had a Xray on my sinuses and a week or so later I had a CT scan. I was concerned about what they found but today I got a call from the VA Dental office and they are giving me a appointment on Dec. 31. I'm so glad because I had a dental appointment here in town for Dec. 14 . I was going to have to borrow money to pay for it, now I'm getting my teeth fixed for free. Praise the Lord!. The other day I told someone that I'm not complaining about the VA anymore and that I'm thankful for all they have done for me. The Iraqi Army and other nations don't have it as good as we do. I guess I'll be sitting home New Years but then again I did last year also. God Bless America.
Old 11 December 2018, 13:06
Been There Done That

VA dental destroyed my teeth. It’s costing me $15-25K to fix their BS work.

Hope it goes well for you.
Old 11 December 2018, 14:48
Moving Target

I hope you didn't go to the Salem VAMC.
Old 11 December 2018, 15:57
Been There Done That

In 1998 I went to VA dental in Tampa. I had problem with several teeth including a tooth and they filled it. It was a chronic problem right away and for several years. I went to a civilian dentist, who did a full eval. I got him my military dental records from my retirement. Just by reviewing my records he showed me there was a small cyst just under that tooth resting between the roots that had caused all the problems and if it would have been properly treated in the beginning, I wouldn't have ended up with the cyst growing down into my jaw. Lots and lots of bone damage and a lost teeth.

My observation is that VA has a tendency to ignore any prior records and wants to start you at a baseline when they begin VA treatment on you. Be careful - and I suggest you don't accept a diagnosis that you are not comfortable with.
Old 11 December 2018, 16:44
Authorized Personnel

Good luck and agree W/FKL, if you don't think that what they want to do is in your best interest, make noise.
Old 11 December 2018, 17:11
Moving Target

ok thank you gentlemen. I'm just getting two teeth pulled that have been decayed and hurting for sometime now.
Old 12 December 2018, 05:52
Been There Done That

I did 4 jaw teeth at once. Demanded sedation. Woke up halfway through the last one. Nearly turned into a cage match.

We got a new head Dental guy at Beckley VA. I cant complain. One dentist listens to music and has bit tits. They dont bother me at all. Actually, I find it kinda relaxing.

The other dude dentist is gentle as a lamb. They will outsource folks to local dentists if the care you need exceeds their capability.

The asshole that retired was running the budget like it was his fucking bank account. I said I'm 100% . Get em fixed or I dial 202.

Congrats by the way. Achy teeth suck.

Last edited by 1RiserSlip; 12 December 2018 at 05:55. Reason: Added remarks
Old 12 December 2018, 18:35
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I did 4 jaw teeth at once. Demanded sedation. Woke up halfway through the last one. Nearly turned into a cage match.

We got a new head Dental guy at Beckley VA. I cant complain. One dentist listens to music and has bit tits. They dont bother me at all. Actually, I find it kinda relaxing.

The other dude dentist is gentle as a lamb. They will outsource folks to local dentists if the care you need exceeds their capability.

The asshole that retired was running the budget like it was his fucking bank account. I said I'm 100% . Get em fixed or I dial 202.

Congrats by the way. Achy teeth suck.
thank you

Our new posting rules