SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 25 August 2017, 17:17
Anesthetized User

R Shoulder MRI Results

Ok, finally got through the MRI. I have had a round of PT without improvement at the start of the issues.

Results:

Your RIGHT shoulder MRI results do show some degeneration and tearing of the labrum cartilage of the shoulder. Here are the actual results of the radiologist's reading:

1. Fraying of superior labrum at 12:00. Full thickness
chondral defect at the posterior labral chondral
junction from 8:00-9:00, measuring about 11 mm in
length. Possible subtle tear at the base of the
adjacent labrum.

2. Low grade, partial-thickness interstitial tear
supraspinatus footprint.

3. Mild acromioclavicular osteoarthritis.

Your impression?

Following up with my Orthopod ASAP, she is out till Monday.
Old 26 August 2017, 05:02
Confirmed User

PM inbound
Old 28 August 2017, 08:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post

Your impression?

SLAP repair.

Surgery is easy-peasy. PT and the three months after suck.
Old 2 January 2018, 19:23
Anesthetized User

After 6 Fing injections into the shoulder eating Tylenol and Motrin then Oxycontin when I could not manage the pain, I have a surgery date of 02/14/2018.

Finally
Old 2 January 2018, 19:30
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
After 6 Fing injections into the shoulder eating Tylenol and Motrin then Oxycontin when I could not manage the pain, I have a surgery date of 02/14/2018.

Finally
I had mine done almost 4 years ago. Made a big difference. While surgery/PT did not return me to pre-injury condition, the surgery and PT got me back to a functional state.
Old 2 January 2018, 20:15
Scoundrel

Given that MRIs are only marginally better than a ouija board for diagnosis, be prepared that your surgeon may discover more extensive damage once they are in you. It may be worth considering what you will do if your shoulder requires more extensive recovery.

Based on your stated pain management, it would not be surprising to learn you had more damage than the MRI revealed.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 3 January 2018, 09:09
BTDT

After surgery (or even now), research the peptide BPC-157 for sure, and maybe TB-500. 99.9% your Doc will be clueless, but ask him anyway because it's the diligent thing to do - then 'big boy rules' applies. I would be using BPC 100% if it was me (I have).

Edit: Other than the sensational title, a quick read of this jives with what I know about BPC, so it's a good background.

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/art...o-use-bpc-157/

Last edited by Polypro; 3 January 2018 at 09:15.
Old 3 January 2018, 09:27
Confirmed User

Quote:

Finally
Be aware that the first 2-3 months after the surgery you will be asking “Why the f*ck did I do this!?”. The cryo-cooler will be your best friend.
Old 3 January 2018, 11:52
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Ok, finally got through the MRI. I have had a round of PT without improvement at the start of the issues.

Results:

Your RIGHT shoulder MRI results do show some degeneration and tearing of the labrum cartilage of the shoulder. Here are the actual results of the radiologist's reading:

1. Fraying of superior labrum at 12:00. Full thickness
chondral defect at the posterior labral chondral
junction from 8:00-9:00, measuring about 11 mm in
length. Possible subtle tear at the base of the
adjacent labrum.

2. Low grade, partial-thickness interstitial tear
supraspinatus footprint.

3. Mild acromioclavicular osteoarthritis.

Your impression?

I feel your pain literally. Will be praying for you.

I’ve previously had surgery on both shoulders and go Jan 8th for my results to see if I’m having another on my left shoulder. I can barely lift my arm and the pain is excruciating. I told my ortho Dr to just schedule surgery & be done with it. I think I will wake up in recovery going “Hmmm that feels better”.

I’ve never had this kind of intense pain involving ALL shoulder and upper arm muscles and nerves. Feels different than a torn rotator cuff. I cannot tolerate any PTand I have a somewhat high tolerance for pain but those nerves and the pain are getting the best of me. Interfering with my sleep and now with showers and simply putting on clothes. Unless I have to run errands or go to appointments I’m doing tub baths so I can get some relief washing my hair etc. My husband has had to help me get dressed several times. I do NOT like being that dependent on anyone.

And there was no injury. Several months ago I woke up with a sore shoulder. It kept getting worse but then seemed to get a little better for about a week then came the pain I currently have.

Screw this I’ll take double the pain for ten days post surgery & rehab pain over this crap.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 1 February 2018, 13:48
Anesthetized User

Saw him yesterday and he stated the arthritis is significant and not age appropriate. Odds are decent he said that shoulder replacement might be needed within the next year, but he won't know until he gets in there. I have consented to replacement if needed on the 14th.
Old 2 February 2018, 11:57
Confirmed User

I've had nine surgeries on my right shoulder with severe infection problems. The last resulted in an old-school solution of a ball tied to appropriate tendons, etc. due to bone loss from multiple total joint surgeries and infections, It is now back to literally no range of motion. My left is now giving me problems but not completely frozen like my right to start all this stuff.

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880
Old 4 February 2018, 02:47
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Saw him yesterday and he stated the arthritis is significant and not age appropriate. Odds are decent he said that shoulder replacement might be needed within the next year, but he won't know until he gets in there. I have consented to replacement if needed on the 14th.
I’ll be praying for you. I hope everything goes okay with you and you have a quick & full recovery.

I guess after reading this I was lucky to only have a slight rotator tear and torn labrum. Was able to have arthroscopic surgery. Monday I start rehab. I am both dreading it and looking forward to getting things back to normal.

I will be thinking about you and praying.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 13 February 2018, 13:13
Anesthetized User

All set. 0630 tomorrow. The wife bought me a bottle of Jura to sip on while I recover.

Thanks Linda.
Old 20 February 2018, 19:14
Anesthetized User

Officially repaired. I have been eating Oxy, and icing my well bandaged, sutured and slinged shoulder. I am typing with my left hand. I have zero ROM in my right shoulder or should I say, I do not want to move it at all.

As Jimbo mentioned, more damage than was thought.

Per the Orthopod there were many tears to fix, tendonitis, and arthritis. 6 holes and one 4" incision in my shoulder and bicep. One solid purple/black/yellow bruise from the top of my deltoid down to my elbow.

Spiked a low grade fever of 101 the day after surgery but was gone in 24hrs.

I have lost 10 pounds in 6 days, and I finally got to go poop. Try wiping with your weak hand, that is interesting.

So, I have that going for me.
Old 20 February 2018, 19:58
Scoundrel

Quote:
Officially repaired. I have been eating Oxy, and icing my well bandaged, sutured and slinged shoulder. I am typing with my left hand. I have zero ROM in my right shoulder or should I say, I do not want to move it at all.

As Jimbo mentioned, more damage than was thought.

Per the Orthopod there were many tears to fix, tendonitis, and arthritis. 6 holes and one 4" incision in my shoulder and bicep. One solid purple/black/yellow bruise from the top of my deltoid down to my elbow.

Spiked a low grade fever of 101 the day after surgery but was gone in 24hrs.

I have lost 10 pounds in 6 days, and I finally got to go poop. Try wiping with your weak hand, that is interesting.

So, I have that going for me.
Right around the time I got my shoulder repaired, a less couth temporary co-worker mentioned that he was waiting on shoulder surgery and was not looking forward to wiping his ass with his weak side. My long time coworker, who is missing his strong paw, just looked at the guy and stretched his arms and hand over his head and just said,” Yeah, that must suck.” It was brilliant and caused me to reconsider ever uttering a complaint about my condition.

Take your pain meds; it helps your healing. If you do not already have the best PT person in your area, find them. Read reviews. Dismiss people who said the PT was a task master or mean. You want task masters for your PT. Go faithfully. After a few months and you have increased your ROM, keep going to PT. Do the home exercises they assign. Research ‘sleeper stretch’ and the alternatives to it. Ask lots of questions when you are being shown exercises, so you fully understand not only what you are supposed to be doing but why and how it will improve your recovery. Do not drive too early.

Good luck.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 21 February 2018, 10:51
Ditch Doc

Expat- prayers on a speedy recovery. Good luck.
Old 21 February 2018, 14:00
0311/8651

Tore the shoulder up a little in 09. Rehab myself. I’m fine. Minor knee surgery, new hip. Back to my old self.
Old 21 February 2018, 14:36
Confirmed User

Report: Right shoulder MRI
HISTORY: CHRONIC SHOULDER PAIN, DECREASED ROM. NO KNOWN INJURY, NO SURGERY.
TECHNIQUE: Axial, sagittal, and coronal scans through the right shoulder using a combination of T1, PD and T2-weighted sequences without the administration of intra-articular or intravenous contrast.
COMPARISON: None
FINDINGS:
Acromioclavicular joint: There are hypertrophic changes at the acromioclavicular joint with capsular hypertrophy. Coracohumeral and coracoclavicular ligaments are unremarkable.
Rotator cuff tendons: There is an oblique partial thickness tear of the anterior slip of the supraspinatous tendon associated with tendinosis. Infraspinatus, teres minor, and subscapularis tendons are intact. There is atrophy of the teres minor muscle. No masses are seen in the quadrilateral space. Other muscles are normal. There is tendinosis of the intra-articular portion of the biceps tendon.
Glenohumeral joint: There is a small amount of fluid in the glenohumeral joint. No adhesive capsulitis. Visualized glenohumeral ligaments are unremarkable. There is an intermediate signal within the superior labrum that extends to the posterosuperior labrum. The extension of this is consistent with a SLAP tear. In addition, there is probably a tear of the anteroinferior labrum.
Bones: No fracture or dislocation. No marrow edema or contusion. There are cystic changes in the humeral head. There is a posteroinferior glenoid deficiency.
Soft tissue: NO SOFT TISSUE MASSES.
Impression: 1. Hypertrophic changes at the acromioclavicular joint.
2. Partial thickness tear of the anterior slip of the supraspinatous tendon without retraction
3. Abnormality of the superior labrum. The extension to the posterosuperior labrum indicates a SLAP tear

4. Tear of the anteroinferior labrum
5. Atrophy of the teres minor that indicates denervation injury or quadrilateral space syndrome.
Primary Diagnostic Code: 4-ABNORMALITY ATTN. NEEDED
expatmedic, I feel you pain. have lived with this for decades and now that I'm 52 and the pain is getting worse let the VA perform this MRI. good luck too you.
now too get the 2 knees and right ankle checked
Old 16 March 2018, 19:16
Confirmed User

Prayer for your full recovery.

Just got my MRI results.

Tendinosis and partial-thickness tearing of the subscapularis insertion with an
interstitial component.

260 lb white belt with gorilla grips went for the arm bar way too fast. Guess I am not rolling for a while.

This is seriously going to cut into my fishing season dammit.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 21 March 2018, 11:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
Prayer for your full recovery.

Just got my MRI results.

Tendinosis and partial-thickness tearing of the subscapularis insertion with an
interstitial component.

260 lb white belt with gorilla grips went for the arm bar way too fast. Guess I am not rolling for a while.

This is seriously going to cut into my fishing season dammit.
get yourself a 7 foot 10 rod and learn to just use your wrist more and shoulder less. this helped me for fishing

Our new posting rules