SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 September 2018, 07:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Fake $100 bills.

I got one from the grocery the other day. Yes, I buy food and get pocket money. It looked odd, as is was older than the cashier. 1990. I figured someone missed pulling it from circulation, NEGATIVE.

I went to my typical bodaga and the cashier flagged it, the manager agreed it was fake and confiscated it.

The manager was not concerned I was trying to pass off counterfeits, he knows I am a regular.

I know exactly when and where I was handed that fake $100 bill.

Do I have any recourse?

v/r

S
FBI, IRS?
Old 13 September 2018, 09:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
...Do I have any recourse?
Unfortunately, no. Everyone, including the store is out of their $100 and their is no way to recoup the loss. Believe it or not, grocery stores are one of the largest "spreaders" of counterfeit money.

Sorry to hear you got bit by it.
Old 13 September 2018, 12:46
Calix Meus Inebrians

My shoe size. It's 12.5, but a lot of brands skip that and go from 12 to 13. That leaves me to get a somewhat misfitting shoe if I want quality stuff in some cases (Merrell is the one that comes to mind), or having to overpay for a good enough shoe in the right size.
Old 13 September 2018, 15:30
Confirmed User

Starting all over due to an injury.

After being off for about 4+ months with no running and only doing light cardio, I said screw this and went for a run/walk jog.

I am trying to be mature and take it nice and slow due to not knowing if I messed up a hip flexor or the SI joint. Well I was doing pretty good, walking 2-3 mins then a light easy jog of 1-2mins.

Then I got up near Duke Univ and in a couple of neighborhoods the students were having pre-hurricane parties. Well I kind of got to watching, listening then day dreaming and the next thing I know I have been running for "quite" a few minutes at a pretty good pace.

Even though it hurts like crap it was still good to get out and due about an hour of cardio.

Ever since we left Richmond I have never found my groove here in Durham or Charlotte. From 2004-2017 we lived in Richmond (off and on) I ran two loops that were 4-7miles and had just the right gravel, grass and road plus inclines to make it challenging.
Old 13 September 2018, 17:25
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Unfortunately, no. Everyone, including the store is out of their $100 and their is no way to recoup the loss. Believe it or not, grocery stores are one of the largest "spreaders" of counterfeit money.

Sorry to hear you got bit by it.
Found some fake cash last night.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 13 September 2018, 20:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
Found some fake cash last night.
You see a lot of $20's & $100"s commonly up here. Usually in the same area or nearby.

I've been fortunate so far. I get my cash from ATM's. Any change I get back from local stores is usually in small bills.
Old 13 September 2018, 20:39
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
My shoe size. It's 12.5, but a lot of brands skip that and go from 12 to 13. That leaves me to get a somewhat misfitting shoe if I want quality stuff in some cases (Merrell is the one that comes to mind), or having to overpay for a good enough shoe in the right size.
New Balance has all kinds of sizes.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

Equality is no measure of success.
Old 13 September 2018, 20:47
Confirmed User

Poor excuses of human beings who went around the Krogers and placed meat throughout all the aisles so that it could spoil. It takes a true tool to do things like that. Wish I could have seen them....

Last edited by Mars; 13 September 2018 at 20:54. Reason: spelling
Old 13 September 2018, 20:52
Shakin' the bush Boss

What the fuck. Some people just need to be publicly flogged.
Old 13 September 2018, 20:56
The atomic zit

Sounds like the same fuck nuts that chop off fruits and vegetables from the mother stalk and eat them or put them them in a blender and drink them...
Old 13 September 2018, 22:29
Never to old to learn

Angry

I went an picked up my renewal CCW card. got home an checked the serial numbers on the card to my weapons serial numbers.

My Colt 1911A1 the serial number is wrong they typed a 7 instead of a 9.
Now I got to wait until they make me a new one.
Old 13 September 2018, 23:55
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
I went an picked up my renewal CCW card.
You have a CA-issued CCW?

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 14 September 2018, 02:15
Never to old to learn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
You have a CA-issued CCW?

YES I am also applying for one from UTAH I meet their training instruction from the individual who put on the class.
Old 14 September 2018, 04:02
Confirmed User

CCWs aren't too hard to get in San Bernadino county. Riverside county will issue if you can prove you have a need.
Old 14 September 2018, 05:06
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
You see a lot of $20's & $100"s commonly up here. Usually in the same area or nearby.

I've been fortunate so far. I get my cash from ATM's. Any change I get back from local stores is usually in small bills.
We’ve had a few ODs that had fake money in their pockets over the last few weeks.Looks like the same shit bag dealer selling hotshots is also giving them their change in fake bills.

Edit to add: the apparently large quantity of what I can only assume is pumpkin spice flavored heroin making it rounds currently. Users dropping like flies in my AO. Of course, Narcan is waking them up and the synthetic weed takes over and they try and bite a nurse. Or they laugh as they get a garden hose sized catheter shoved into the dick hole.

“Greatest Show on Earth”

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO

Last edited by Whitebean54; 14 September 2018 at 05:17. Reason: Broke my train of thought
Old 14 September 2018, 05:15
Make a desert and call it peace.

Well they're gonna be dead, what do they need real money for?

Ah, the "logic" of subhuman shitheads, it's like evil from some sort of movie. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 14 September 2018, 05:20
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Well they're gonna be dead, what do they need real money for?

Ah, the "logic" of subhuman shitheads, it's like evil from some sort of movie. S/F....Ken M
My thoughts exactly. Dealer isn’t out any real money while simultaneously building brand credibility with their brand of “fire ass shit” killing the occasional user.

Old 14 September 2018, 06:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
pumpkin spice flavored heroin
Well, it is that time of season.
Old 14 September 2018, 09:37
Ghey floor sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
FBI, IRS?
Used to be Treasury, but now it’s Homeland Security. The Secret Service investigates counterfeiting.

I got fake money from Wells Fargo once. I cashed a check then went to another bank to pay the car payment, and they flagged one of the 100’s I got from WF—right after I said “they’re good, I printed them this morning myself.”

I went back to Wells Fargo with a copy of the counterfeit currency report (but not the cash; other bank kept it) and they gave me another 100. But I went back within an hour and I’m a longtime customer of the branch, so it was on obviously a customer service decision.

Now, if I get an old bill back in change, I ask to have a new bill instead.

Most of us are dicks, in case you haven't noticed. --MakoZeroSix
Old 15 September 2018, 00:03
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Fake $100 bills.

I got one from the grocery the other day. Yes, I buy food and get pocket money. It looked odd, as is was older than the cashier. 1990. I figured someone missed pulling it from circulation, NEGATIVE.

I went to my typical bodaga and the cashier flagged it, the manager agreed it was fake and confiscated it.

The manager was not concerned I was trying to pass off counterfeits, he knows I am a regular.

I know exactly when and where I was handed that fake $100 bill.

Do I have any recourse?

v/r

S

IT was not FAKE

IT is a 1990 One Hundred $100 Dollar Bill Federal Reserve Note
depending on the condition it can be worth $100. up to $200.00

I think you got took or they didn't know what a Federal Reserve Note was. I go ask the manager what they did with it.

The old money will not pass the test they use on todays money.

Now if it had a Star on it. the value of the Bill goes up to a collector

Our new posting rules