SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 September 2018, 01:25
The atomic zit

I stopped in Thursday, the Manager will be back in the on Tuesday. I will see what he has to say. He said he would return it, if it was not fake.
Old 15 September 2018, 09:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Fake $100 bills.

I got one from the grocery the other day. Yes, I buy food and get pocket money. It looked odd, as is was older than the cashier. 1990. I figured someone missed pulling it from circulation, NEGATIVE.

I went to my typical bodaga and the cashier flagged it, the manager agreed it was fake and confiscated it.

The manager was not concerned I was trying to pass off counterfeits, he knows I am a regular.

I know exactly when and where I was handed that fake $100 bill.

Do I have any recourse?

v/r

S
I've never been in this situation, but I feel like my immediate response would have been "Fuck you, who are you to confiscate my money? Give it back, give me my merchandise and change, or call the cops." AFAIK, there's nothing in the USC or CFR that authorizes a merchant or bank to confiscate suspected fake currency.
Old 15 September 2018, 10:56
Been There Done That

John Fucking Kerry.
Old 15 September 2018, 11:13
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
John Fucking Kerry.

I'd like to see his passport revoked, while outside US.
Old 15 September 2018, 11:46
Old and Grumpy

Quote:
John Fucking Kerry.
President Obama's two greatest mistakes after the ACA were appointing Hillary Clinton and John Kerry to head up the State Department.
Old 15 September 2018, 14:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
John Fucking Kerry.
Dont buy Heinz ketchup then.
Old 15 September 2018, 15:01
Ghey floor sweeper

Morons who leave campfires burning after vacating the campsite.
Old 15 September 2018, 18:52
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I've never been in this situation, but I feel like my immediate response would have been "Fuck you, who are you to confiscate my money? Give it back, give me my merchandise and change, or call the cops." AFAIK, there's nothing in the USC or CFR that authorizes a merchant or bank to confiscate suspected fake currency.
They don't like to give it back because there are "those" who would contemplate charging them with distributing it. You will have to trust me on that one....
Old 16 September 2018, 00:55
Anesthetized User

Mom Jeans. A pair of jeans that no man likes. Women from 20-55 or so are wearing these. They made a comeback.

Complete with sexy 18” zipper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 351B34DD-BFC6-4905-A3FA-1117FBF90EB7.jpg (24.6 KB, 172 views)

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

Equality is no measure of success.
Old 17 September 2018, 00:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
Mom Jeans. A pair of jeans that no man likes. Women from 20-55 or so are wearing these. They made a comeback.

That's a first world problem if I ever did see one...
Old 17 September 2018, 00:39
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:

As a child of the 80's I feel like I need to ask whether you include Rockies in your assessment of mom jeans.
Old 17 September 2018, 03:50
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
As a child of the 80's I feel like I need to ask whether you include Rockies in your assessment of mom jeans.
Rockies were the bomb back in the day. The women who wore them were hot. Or they seemed hot after a night of drinks at any local watering hole.

Or Wranglers.

Didn’t really matter. They may have went out with friends but we were leaving together.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

Equality is no measure of success.

Last edited by Expatmedic; 17 September 2018 at 03:55.
Old 17 September 2018, 04:19
I still think I'm fooling everyone

For me the jeans got a massive drop in quality of material used since early 90's late 80's.

I compared my 2016 Lee Brooklyn Comfort jeans with Brooklyn model from 1995. Seems the material on the new ones is 1/2 the thickness of the old jeans. And the 1995 Lee's i examined were in use since 1995 till 2008. Everyday use plus home DIY work.

What's funnier, I once bought Lee jeans from authorized retailer and they turned into a rag after 8 months of everyday use. Then I bought the jeans from another retailer and they lasted 2-3 years. Same model, same company. The first ones might've been fake. I remember how Saviano wrote about Camorra's fake clothing industry in Gomorra.

I remember the jeans my father sent us from the U.S., the Levi's. Totally different quality. Modern Levi's seem to be...well...disposable?

Mom jeans on women have their charm IMO. You have to unzip and unpack your road to glory
Old 17 September 2018, 06:40
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:

I'm cool with this. Compare it to a 240 shorty in a miniskirt and a tube top, and mom jeans wind up requiring much less eye bleach. Most of the women who insist on dressing sexy are the ones who just shouldn't.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 17 September 2018, 17:40
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
80s fashion is making a slow comeback. I see several young ladies at church wearing 80s-styled clothes.

I will say that I prefer a woman to wear clothes that are complimentary to her shape. Just like I don't wear shorts in public, there're a lot of women that shouldn't be wearing yoga pants and/or hip-hugger jeans.
Old 17 September 2018, 17:49
Shakin' the bush Boss

I knew if I kept the Joe Dirt look it would eventually come back around.
Old 17 September 2018, 18:24
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I thought your facial hair just naturally grew like that...

Old 17 September 2018, 18:41
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Yup...even with that hole in your haircut.
Old 17 September 2018, 22:34
athlete in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
For me the jeans got a massive drop in quality of material used since early 90's late 80's.

I compared my 2016 Lee Brooklyn Comfort jeans with Brooklyn model from 1995. Seems the material on the new ones is 1/2 the thickness of the old jeans. And the 1995 Lee's i examined were in use since 1995 till 2008. Everyday use plus home DIY work.

What's funnier, I once bought Lee jeans from authorized retailer and they turned into a rag after 8 months of everyday use. Then I bought the jeans from another retailer and they lasted 2-3 years. Same model, same company. The first ones might've been fake. I remember how Saviano wrote about Camorra's fake clothing industry in Gomorra.

I remember the jeans my father sent us from the U.S., the Levi's. Totally different quality. Modern Levi's seem to be...well...disposable?

Mom jeans on women have their charm IMO. You have to unzip and unpack your road to glory
This has been a known issue for some time. A big reason why vintage jeans are worth big money to the right people. Most popular brands of jeans are much thinner now than they were a few decades ago. I pay less money for full weight denim jeans from the “cowboy store” and they hold up much longer than Levi’s or wranglers in my preferred fit.
Old 17 September 2018, 22:43
Been There Done That

I go in Walmart this evening. What do I see? The same chick that crop dusted me & my son last week. I tailed her loosely for about 5 minutes trying to work up a good fart for a retaliatory strike. Nothing. I'll get her eventually.

Our new posting rules