SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 29 August 2012, 16:55
On the Extract Bird

OODA - claim to be hiring already for NOLA h-cane security

I received an email from a group called OODA looking for "Armed Security Officers" for work in NOLA. Seems pretty quick for such an offer, as I have yet to see anyone stealing TVs yet. I know job postings dont go here, and that is not my goal, I just wanted to post a little bit of the email to see if anyone believes this is for real. This only about 1/4 of the notice.

OODA Careers & Hurricane Isaac Deployment

IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY - HURRICANE ISAAC DEPLOYMENT

An OODA partner company is currently mobilizing Armed Disaster Response Officers for emergency deployment to the New Orleans / Louisiana Region.

The Governor of Louisiana has waived their in-state licensing requirements. Therefore, if you have valid armed law enforcement or security credentials / licenses from another state, you are eligible to deploy. If you donít have any current licenses or credentials, you can get trained and certified on the spot when you arrive. You will be expected to work 12 hour shifts or longer at a time. Pay rate is $2100.00 per week. Food & Lodging will also be provided. However, you will be required to provide your own transportation to and from the region at your own expense. You must also have your own service pistol and police-type duty belt & holster, along with BDU or 5.11 type pants (Tan or Khaki only) and good quality boots. The deployments will probably run continuously for at least a week, maybe longer, depending on the severity of the storm and damage.

Last edited by bmbsqd; 29 August 2012 at 17:23.
Old 29 August 2012, 19:20
Confirmed User

word for word post on SA but from Falken Industries. Possibly that is the partner company they are speaking of.

http://secureaspects.com/forum/Forum...857.html#69857

"If the above seems hypocritical, please remember that I don't care" SOTB.

" I use to think myself a sheepdog that was to protect the flock but more and more i see that the sheepdog is more akin to the wolf and as such should let them eat ." Me

Our new posting rules