SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment

Old 26 January 2014, 20:30
Been There Done That

I used to have one of the VHS tapes that we made of her bullshit. We used to laugh at it over beers back when people still had VCR's.
Old 18 February 2014, 02:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
Macka,

I just about blew out my brain using google fu to answer your question. Know what?

I cannot, for the life of me, find a hint on the chick. I can't be dreaming this shit as other posters remember her to.

Quick background: Around the era of the Reno Renegade Justice Department, or more notably, just after the Waco/Branch Davidian incident, we started getting Force Protection Intelligence regarding a Neo- (insert your threat choice here) named Linda Gray. She was one of the people calling for attacks against the armed units that were involved in the assault of the compound.

One of those "bad guys" flew a black UH-60. Eventually, this Linda Gray started issuing threat like vitriol over the media after identifying the 160th as the owners of said helicopter.

She made for interesting quarterly threat briefs.

At least, that's how I recall it.
Sorry guys, I fucked up. The lady's name is Linda Thompson.
Enjoy your headaches.

There are two kinds of people in this world,
the smart and lazy, and the stupid and industrious. Be wary of the stupid and industrious, they will fuck something up every time.
Old 18 February 2014, 08:55
Been There Done That

Ran into some of her ilk in Clarksville; ranting about "black helicopters". I pointed out to the minions that ALL of the Army's helicopters are black. That just increased the histrionics.
Old 18 February 2014, 10:23
BTDT

I actually wrote a letter to editor SOF about Black Helicopters in the 80's that got published. Some thing to the effect of there are Black Helicopters (Their stories said the Army only had CARC green, must be UN, etc.) and if I get shot during a "yellow duck" (what you call it when set down in a field to piss), or a cautionary landing. It would not end well for the nut job.

You could always show them a NDA and ask them if they had "seen any aliens recently?" Then give them NDA to sign.

Pickle suit, Oakley's and blood tags gets em very time.

"Immature jackoff/asshole/agitator"

"I can only say I'm sorry so many times and mean it" Homer Simpson
Old 18 February 2014, 14:05
Preparing to defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Sorry guys, I fucked up. The lady's name is Linda Thompson.
Enjoy your headaches.
That's a damn relief! Thanks for the brain cell activation. This old shit sucks!
Old 18 February 2014, 15:00
On the Extract Bird

So wait the black helicopters thing is fake??? O for fucks sake next your going to tell me that my delicately and time consuming to build tinfoil helmet doesn't stop the government from reading my mind...you know how many chicken potpies I could have cooked with the amount of tinfoil to cover my overly large dome..
Old 18 February 2014, 15:18
Preparing to defend

Here's a snippet about the ol' gal!
http://books.google.com/books?id=svD...rorism&f=false

You so made our intel briefings enjoyable! Luv ya', mean it!
Old 18 February 2014, 15:46
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed160th View Post

You could always show them a NDA and ask them if they had "seen any aliens recently?" Then give them NDA to sign.
Love it. That would keep the internet abuzz for weeks!
Old 24 February 2014, 11:16
Rest In Peace

Linda Thompson Dressel kicked the bucket in 2009, not sure of what causes, in FL.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=115687723

Re: the asshat woman named Piper. There was an SF Piper, Chris, SSG KIA in Afghanistan in, IIRC, 2005. I served with him and knew him. He took a one stripe hit to come out of the NG and onto active duty. He was mortally wounded in an IED with two other USSF who were killed instantly. Chris was blown out of the turret about 100 feet. It took a while to make coms, as no US were left up and running and the terp was injured. The ANA had no long range coms. Chris hung on for about 13 days (he was one tough hombre).

Chris's death was tragic and a great loss for his family and friends, but you guys from the 160th were not involved in any way, unless it was one of your birds that pulled him out (I don't know who did, and I don't see how anybody could hold that against a unit. But clearly that person in the Amazon comments is not rational).

Our new posting rules