SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 28 February 2012, 00:27
hippies beware

Many thanks to all. I passed the "no-go this station" news to him. He still wants to prep for whatever he can get.

Getting paid to PT and shoot...hmmm, sounds vaguely familiar. :)

OOC, out

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain

"All that we see is perspective, not fact...All that we hear is opinion, not truth."
--Marcus Aurelius

"The time you spent typing and formatting this post would have been better spent hitting yourself in the face with a hammer."
--Jimbo

Wise old man--"That woman was SEXY!"
Young lad--"She's out of my league."
Wise old man--"Look...let women figure out why they wont sleep with you...dont do it for them."
Old 28 February 2012, 01:16

for those that are waiting or have already got their BIO approved for Academi....how long did it take for DOS to approve it? my recruiter sent mine in 2 weeks ago and still no word. not worried but was just wondering because ive had my BIO approved by DOS for TC in a week, but that was 8 months ago. any input would help thanks
Old 28 February 2012, 01:26
Been There Done That

Solly-
My BIO took exactly four weeks from the time it was submitted to DOS. I was told that the duration varies. It was my first BIO submittal as well, so you should be good. Hope that helps.
-Grim
Old 28 February 2012, 01:44

I'm in the same situation, going on about 2 weeks. I was always told that if your bio reviewer felt that it was good to forward it up, then you would usually have no issue. (bearing that the reviewer actually screened it in detail) Of course, individual experiences will vary I assume. This is my first go-around with the WPS Contract side of the house, so this thread has been quite informative to me.
Old 28 February 2012, 02:02
Confirmed User

My BIO reviewer from IDS was great. She went over everything in detail and sent everything back to me to ensure it was perfect before it went up the chain. I'm in the early part of review, submitted it to State Friday night/0300 Saturday(Afghan time). One good thing about the stomach flu is that I was up "speaking dinosuar" at 0200 when she sent it back to me for correction so I was able to send it right back to her. She rogered it and sent it up to State.
Old 28 February 2012, 02:22

appreciate the help Grim. i emailed you so thats how we'll keep in contact. rltw
Old 1 March 2012, 00:02
Confirmed User

Well, even though my IDS recruiter and BIO reviewer thought I was GTG, DoS didn't like 16 months of Army PSD experience and other experience we thought was plenty relevant. So it may take 4 weeks for an approval, but it only takes 1 for a rejection.
Old 1 March 2012, 01:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
for those that are waiting or have already got their BIO approved for Academi....how long did it take for DOS to approve it? my recruiter sent mine in 2 weeks ago and still no word. not worried but was just wondering because ive had my BIO approved by DOS for TC in a week, but that was 8 months ago. any input would help thanks
Mine came back GTG in about a week and a half via Academi.
Old 8 March 2012, 15:33

Does anybody have any info as far as the course for Academi? I'll be going to the course at that site around May time frame, my BIO was approved by DoS and my travel agent already contacted me and gave me the requirements.. The PT part is no sweat but I've heard thats where a lot of people fail. What about the shooting? Any info will be much appreciated. I want to go there well prepared and being from Hawaii we really don't have a lot of weapons. lol..
Old 8 March 2012, 20:54

tcraig- how long did it take for your BIO to get approved?
Old 9 March 2012, 13:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcraig808 View Post
Does anybody have any info as far as the course for Academi? I'll be going to the course at that site around May time frame, my BIO was approved by DoS and my travel agent already contacted me and gave me the requirements.. The PT part is no sweat but I've heard thats where a lot of people fail. What about the shooting? Any info will be much appreciated. I want to go there well prepared and being from Hawaii we really don't have a lot of weapons. lol..
The pt standards are the FLETC standards which can be found on open net here: http://www.fletc.gov/training/progra...ttery-peb.html

I would suggest for the other stuff,a pm from one of the members who has gone through their course. :)
Old 9 March 2012, 14:19

solly- about 4 days... you trying to get on with IDS too?
Old 9 March 2012, 14:20

cdutchess78- thank you.. now I know what to look forward too!
Old 10 March 2012, 00:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
The weapons you qual with are the same for every WPS contract. Use the search feature. If you are worried about the qual courses, perhaps this isn't the right job for you. Either you can shoot, or you can't.
Old 10 March 2012, 14:04

coloccw- thanks for the info bra.... i can shoot.. just wanted to be prepared.. I'll use the "search feature" next time
Old 10 March 2012, 16:07
Confirmed User

Just curious on the FLETC standards, what is the accepted percentile and is it different depending on the contract?
Old 10 March 2012, 16:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawdawg View Post
Just curious on the FLETC standards, what is the accepted percentile and is it different depending on the contract?
Your recruiter will tell you based upon what position you are applying for and what contract it is for.

You guys are REALLY asking these things HERE instead of your recruiter? Again, use the search feature as this has all been covered in depth.
Old 12 March 2012, 15:35

Hey guys,

I sent my bio into Academi about a week ago and was told that it was still waiting for the final pre-approval before they sent it up to dos. Does anyone know how long this usually takes?
Old 12 March 2012, 16:25

Mines took 4 days, they said usually its 1 to 2 weeks but can be faster like in my situation. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a clearance?
Old 12 March 2012, 16:45
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Does anybody know how long it takes to get a clearance?
Search more = ask less

Our new posting rules