SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 11 May 2019, 00:36
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavegnr View Post
I hate to ask this and someone may have mentioned it. Do you have a copy of where you filled? I have had to go back and turn in claims from 10 years ago because Montgomery had misplaced it.
No , my lawyer should have copies, I'm waiting on her call. I still have claims for headaches and sinus. I have C&P exams next Friday in Lynchburg at the VES Services, thats a first for me, I never heard of VES until today.
Old 11 May 2019, 23:21
Been There Done That

If they are the same as here they are a contract doctor or services and they do the exam and send the results to the VA. I have had two or three of their appointments. All went well but the last one when the VA said an orthopedic doctor should have seen me and taken measurements instead of a regular doctor.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 7 June 2019, 17:35
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
I found out today that I don't have a on going claim for Gulf War Syndrome after waiting since 2011. I don't know why but I guess my lawyer dropped it. I'm getting a new lawyer. I no longer recomend jandils.com. I'm furious right now.
I found out this week that my lawyer didn't drop my claim . I thought they did because they are not listed on VA.gov, another strike against VA.gov.
Old 6 July 2019, 16:29
Moving Target

I have a new claim and 2 appeals going. I got a letter from the VA today telling me I have a hearing on July 29th. I would appreciate some prayers. I have been waiting over 25 years to get recognition for Gulf War Illness.
Old 7 July 2019, 09:00
been ***** **** that

The whole appeal process you folks have to suffer through is mind boggling.
Old 14 July 2019, 21:31
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
The whole appeal process you folks have to suffer through is mind boggling.
Yep, its a long battle thats for sure.
Old 14 July 2019, 21:32
Shakin' the bush Boss

I just took a 20% reduction on my spine, after two freaking spine surgeries. Bitter doesn't begin to describe my attitude towards the VA right now.
Old 14 July 2019, 22:14
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I just took a 20% reduction on my spine, after two freaking spine surgeries. Bitter doesn't begin to describe my attitude towards the VA right now.
That is absolutely criminal. I have too much angst these days if I had to deal with the VA like some of you do , I would be in prison. You dudes hang tough!
Old 14 July 2019, 22:15
Shakin' the bush Boss

Oh, it's personal now. I'm mostly retired now and have time on my hands.
Old 14 July 2019, 22:41
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
That is absolutely criminal. I have too much angst these days if I had to deal with the VA like some of you do , I would be in prison. You dudes hang tough!
I have a hearing in the Federal building in Roanoke in two weeks. The last time I was there I had to be removed by armed Feds. I have a lawyer this time to do most o the talking.
Old 15 July 2019, 19:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Brother,
I don't know your particulars but since it involves the spine so I'll offer this: Several years ago the VA decided it was paying too much for back claims so they changed ratings for the spine to generally require a doctor's prescription of "bed rest" in order to qualify for the higher disability back ratings. When I told him about it, my neurologist shook his head and laughed at the VA saying that modern medical practice is to get the patient moving and the only times he prescribed bed rest were for patients in traction or on a respirator. He said it was clear the VA was trying to deny compensation for back claims.
Look at your first award letter. If you had your ratings under the old schedule for rating spinal injuries and VA is attempting to lower your rating under the revised newer schedules be aware that you are entitled to be evaluated under both the old schedule and the new and given the rating that is most advantageous to you. Do you have the rating schedule (Part IV 38 CFR) for when you were originally rated - it should be stated in your award letter back when you got the higher rating?
IIRC the section of the VBM that applies should that have happened is para 3.05 "Changes to the Rating Schedule."
Let me know if you need me to dig...
fkl
Old 15 July 2019, 19:11
Shakin' the bush Boss

Damn fine point. FS

Yeah, I'm on it FKL. I'm very familiar with the bedrest fiasco. Spent several weeks on my back last year from two spine surgeries, but the neuro never specified "bed rest" so it never happened. I know what I need to do and am already moving pieces around to get the proper documentation to get back to where they reduced me from.

Last edited by Gsniper; 15 July 2019 at 19:35.
Old 15 July 2019, 19:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
I'm very familiar with the "bed rest" issue. I had two back surgeries last year where I was flat on my back for several weeks, but the Neuro never specified "bed rest". It's an ongoing issue. I may take some heat for this, but the VA has lied, cheated and stolen from me several times over the last decade. I'm done being honest with them about anything. I'm done with ever setting foot in a VA hospital. If I need to lie, cheat and steal to get my rating back I will. They have docs doing C&P exams that should be in prison. I have a plan. I will execute. Fuck them right dead in the ass with a hot poker.
Always a good idea to publicly announce a plan to lie, cheat and steal to get over on a Government bureaucracy.

I'm just sayin'....
Old 17 July 2019, 18:31
Moving Target

I had a good appointment today with my C&P Exam for IBS. The VES doctor really tried to help me get service connected, unlike the Nazi VA doctors that make me feel like I need to bring a lawyer with me each time.
Old 17 July 2019, 22:18
Shakin' the bush Boss

I'm on a friggin roll. So, after two back surgeries and a disability reduction, my neuro surgeon decides to take me off the Gabapentin that I've been on for years because it makes me fucking stupid. He says switching to Lyrica is going to help me. Tricare denies the lyrica prescription because it's only approved for spinal "trauma". I guess cutting two six inch holes in my back doesn't constitute trauma.

I'm fucking saturated. Every time I turn around either the VA of Tricare is trying to fucking kill me.
Old 17 July 2019, 22:31
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
my neuro surgeon decides to take me off the Gabapentin
You're not supposed to just stop that stuff are you?

As far as the lyrica, Tricare paid for my dad's and I know for a fact he didn't have spinal trauma. That one might be worth reattacking on.
Old 17 July 2019, 22:35
Shakin' the bush Boss

I'm getting a bit saturated. I'm not supposed to just stop, I'm supposed to replace it with Lyrica. However...……….

I'm just beat down with the VA and Tricare. It's constant bullshit. It's not supposed to be like this.
Old 17 July 2019, 23:44
BTDT

Quote:
I'm getting a bit saturated. I'm not supposed to just stop, I'm supposed to replace it with Lyrica. However....

I'm just beat down with the VA and Tricare. It's constant bullshit. It's not supposed to be like this.
Hang in there brother, you got this.
Old 18 July 2019, 05:23
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
No, it's not.
Old 18 July 2019, 07:27
Shakin' the bush Boss

I'm fine guys, I'm just being bitchy. The Lyrica thing is easily gotten around. I'm just pissed and offended that is has to be this way. When a damn neuro surgeon says this vet needs this drug the only reply from Tricare should be how much and when.

Our new posting rules