SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 18 October 2018, 19:49
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Mayweather floating proposed boxing match with Khabib Nurmagomedov

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ssibly-be-real

I had also heard earlier reports of a rematch with McGregor and a rematch with Pacquiao. So this sounds like Mayweather keeping his options open, and perhaps fishing for what he thinks would bring the biggest payday.

Or he's just messing with the media.
Old 19 October 2018, 10:07
Confirmed User

Mayweather won't go MMA with these guys....he won't win. So I guess all these MMA guys have to go to him for a big payday.

Meanwhile in Russia.....

Kabib wrestling a bear as a kid.....bear's got some moves!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KohIwZCkuuU
Old 7 November 2018, 17:59
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Mayweather still trying to find a way to sucker fans out of their money

In Tokyo he agreed to a kickboxing match with an undefeated 20 year old, then backed out upon returning to the US.

I don't envision any scenario where Mayweather enters into a kickboxing or MMA bout, with anybody.
Old 7 November 2018, 18:18
Shakin' the bush Boss

I just want somebody to put something in his mouth to shut him up. Foot, glove, elbow, whatever.
Old 7 November 2018, 19:56
Confirmed User

Surprise! Now he's saying the never actually agreed to the fight he agreed to the other day...

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ight-kickboxer

I'm guessing Floyd thought he was going to set the rules, but the Yakuza had other ideas.
Old 31 December 2018, 15:00
Confirmed User

You call that a fight????
Old 31 December 2018, 15:48
Isiah 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I just want somebody to put something in his mouth to shut him up. Foot, glove, elbow, whatever.
This.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back. -Francis Bacon
Old 31 December 2018, 17:40
Confirmed User

Well...that certainly didn't happen here ....nice payday

https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/floyd-...n-fight-farce/
Old 2 January 2019, 08:26
Been There Done That

Mayweather must be in serious financial problems to take so many of these goofy show fights.
Odd, seems that you can't just spend money like an idiot forever, even if you make idiotic amounts.

When he's finally done, I'd bet bankruptcies will start in under two years.
Old 2 January 2019, 13:30
Policeman Officer

Let's hope!
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 2 January 2019, 17:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavid View Post
Mayweather must be in serious financial problems to take so many of these goofy show fights.
Shoot....you ever been hustled playing pool?? Or bet on those card games that the brothers set up on the city streets with the cardboard top thinking you're gonna win an easy bet????

Dudes got to be the greatest hustler of all time. Can't sell his game in the US no more....he just waxed ALL of Japan...

Gotta hand it to him.... there's a sucker born every minute said PT Barnum (a Connecticut guy btw )

Last edited by 19MIKE; 2 January 2019 at 17:46.
Old 4 January 2019, 11:47
Confirmed User

I am pretty tired of hearing about Mayweather boxing fighters of other disciplines where they are only allowed to box him and not use all of their talents of their respective sports.

It is a freaking joke to think Mayweather is a fighter. He is a boxer and nothing else and his quest to claim that he can beat anyone is getting ridiculous when all the fights are strictly a boxing match. Why do people pay to watch this crap?
Old 5 January 2019, 13:24
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB8541 View Post

...It is a freaking joke to think Mayweather is a fighter. He is a boxer and nothing else and his quest to claim that he can beat anyone is getting ridiculous when all the fights are strictly a boxing match. Why do people pay to watch this crap?
Because people are fucking stupid.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 5 January 2019, 15:06
Confirmed User

If I were him I'd go to mainland China for my next 'fight'....find the baddest shaolin kung fu/karate master/mongol warrior or whatever, a national hero or something.... and challenge him to a boxing match.... in China, for 1/2 a billion or so....

Anybody remember Ali vs. Inoki?? What a freakin' joke that was...
Old 5 January 2019, 17:35
Supporterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post

Dudes got to be the greatest hustler of all time. Can't sell his game in the US no more....he just waxed ALL of Japan...

Gotta hand it to him.... there's a sucker born every minute said PT Barnum (a Connecticut guy btw )
Pretty much where I'm at with it. Dude just wants to spend money and he knows how to get more.

As others stated, he's a likely candidate for bankruptcy in the future.
Old 7 January 2019, 22:48
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB8541 View Post
I am pretty tired of hearing about Mayweather boxing fighters of other disciplines where they are only allowed to box him and not use all of their talents of their respective sports.

It is a freaking joke to think Mayweather is a fighter. He is a boxer and nothing else and his quest to claim that he can beat anyone is getting ridiculous when all the fights are strictly a boxing match. Why do people pay to watch this crap?
I don't blame Mayweather, the others only want to fight him for a guaranteed bigger payday than is found elsewhere. You want the money he brings, it's on his terms.

People watch it wanting (or believing) their favorite fighter will drop him & shut Mayweather up.
Old 10 January 2019, 12:04
Voodoo guru

I'm not particular a fan of Floyd, but if nothing else, one thing is true about him; and that is that he is arguably likely the best pound for pound boxer ever. He has earned his spot in boxing history. He's old, he knows it, yet he's still a game fighter; so he doesn't want to retire quite yet.

It's the up and comers time now; and if he wants to go and fight in what amounts to sideshows, good on him; good on him that he's still got the skills to do it.

Now that said, if when he fought in Japan, and kicking was allowed; he would have gotten his ass kicked to hard by Tenshin. That kid may be only 120 pounds, but he is as ferocious as any fighter ever has been. Same with Khabib; allow punches and even just kicks, Floyd loses all day. He is good at one thing; and one thing only, throwing hands. And that's great for boxing rules; but with multiple ranges of combat, he would get beat by someone who has the same amount of skill in kickboxing.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW

Our new posting rules