SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 28 April 2019, 14:33
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
This one looks promising. Trijicon SRO
I wonder if it's better for astigmatism? we shall see.
I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews about it being *much* easier to pick up the dot.

I'll probably "trade in" my RMR for one.
Old 29 April 2019, 09:50
BTDT

The SRO is just an RMR with a bigger window. It's not as rugged (being round), and will conceal even worse. The Trijicon rep at the NRA show, via TFB channel on YouTube - said to stay/go with RMR for LE Duty or CCW.

IMO, if you zero an RDS at the same range as Irons, it will be very close to being on the front sight tip when the irons are perfectly aligned (some YouTube gurus assertions aside) - if you can't find the dot, your sights aren't aligned either.

Even if you decide to zero it for 25 when your irons are 15 - the dot won't be that much different. 147 HST impacts just ~0.5" higher at 25, than 15 - that's like 4 clicks on an RMR IIRC.
Old 29 April 2019, 11:59
The Sagacious One

I am too lazy to try and crack free the loc tite. I will stick with what I have.
Old 29 April 2019, 12:16
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I am too lazy to try and crack free the loc tite. I will stick with what I have.
That stuff burns pretty good. Just saying.
Old 29 April 2019, 13:10
Authorized Personnel

Will Petty has been beating the crap out of one for a while and it’s held up to his abuse. But, since looking cool is half the battle, I’ll stick with the regular RMRs. Not to mention I’ve beat the crap out of mine without any problems. I made the mistake of buying the XH35 because it was the new product. Not a fan.
Old 29 April 2019, 16:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I am becoming more and more comfortable with this concept. I still use the green dot dual illum trijicons due to an astigmatism. I am putting one on an 8-shot revolver that has been hanging around in the safe.
what size dot are you running/comfortable with. even 9.5 seems large to me without having looked through any RMRs yet. but I'm starting to research them. if green doesn't flare like red.... I'm leaning hard in that direction. but who doesn't love a comet in their glass?
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 29 April 2019, 17:17
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
even 9.5 seems large to me without having looked through any RMRs yet.
I had the same thought and I have the 6.5. I like it. Not near as annoying as it sounded before I tried it. Easy to pick up and considering the employment ranges, it doesn't eclipse the target. At least from my amateur perspective.
Old 29 April 2019, 21:35
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
what size dot are you running/comfortable with. even 9.5 seems large to me without having looked through any RMRs yet. but I'm starting to research them. if green doesn't flare like red.... I'm leaning hard in that direction. but who doesn't love a comet in their glass?
I have mostly 9 MOA, but one 13 MOA. Even the big dot allows me to shoot a better group than iron sights. Its crazy how the dot appears to jump all over the target, but when you check targets, it makes a neat little shot group.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 30 April 2019 at 09:02.
Old 30 April 2019, 01:02
Been There Done That

TFG, thanks
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 30 April 2019, 08:51
BTDT

I went 6.5 MOA on mine. Unless long distance target shooting with a short gun, the bigger dot grabs my attention. Never tried a 3.25 though. I have a 2 MOA on my rifle and it seems a bit small if it was on a pistol - but it's all preference.

Trijicon is on the 'Expert Voice' LE/Mil shopping site. But I actually got mine on Amazon (through authorized dealer B&H Photo) for, IIRC $445 (Type 2 RM07) *and* they had an $89/Month for 5 months, no interest deal. Never saw that via Amazon before, but figured "hey, why load the card all at once?" Worked out well.
Old 30 April 2019, 22:04
The Sagacious One

bigdaddyunlimited had some sort of RDS for $367.
Old 30 April 2019, 22:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
But I actually got mine on Amazon (through authorized dealer B&H Photo) for, IIRC $445 (Type 2 RM07) *and* they had an $89/Month for 5 months, no interest deal. Never saw that via Amazon before, but figured "hey, why load the card all at once?" Worked out well.
Free money!

Our new posting rules