SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 29 August 2020, 12:29
Authorized Personnel

Alwyn Cashe- merged threads

This is SB approved.
I , among others in the group, have been following Alwyn Cashe’s story for years. There are several threads on him in the lounge. IMHO, he deserves his very own thread properly named so his story could be easily found. The older threads will be merged.

If you have been following the story, it looks like a very major hurdle has been overcome. While it is not a 100% that he will receive the highest military honor, the news is very welcome and very good news.

If you have not been following the story, this the time to get caught up on a fallen warrior. His sacrifice deserves to be told. When I first read his story soooo many years ago, I marveled at the lengths a warrior will go to save his soldiers, all while being on fire.

His story is below, just remove the DOT between WashingtonPost and com. If the link no workey, try google. It’s been all over the news the last few days.

Also, his son just graduated Infantry OSUT.

https://www.washingtonpost DOT com/national-security/2020/08/28/pentagon-poised-award-medal-honor-alwyn-cashe-who-died-after-saving-fellow-soldiers

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots

Last edited by 10thvet; 29 August 2020 at 12:34. Reason: Threads will be merged in due time
Old 29 August 2020, 14:09
Old and Broke

Long overdue.
Old 29 August 2020, 16:14
Swimming Upstream

Wouldn’t it be amazing for his son to be part of that

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/son-of-legendary-soldier-alwyn-cashe-follows-in-his-fathers-footsteps/
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke

I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:5
Old 29 August 2020, 23:03
Confirmed User

Then his son also trained at the Cashe Town MOUT site on Sand Hill....
Old 31 August 2020, 14:23
Calix Meus Inebrians

The story of what SFC Cashe did that day never fails to leave me in awe. Men like him are who parents want their son or daughter serving with.
Old 31 August 2020, 16:21
Confirmed User

What an amazing story. I hope he gets the medal. These are the
Old 31 August 2020, 17:49
Only slightly useless.

More than worthy! I'm shocked that anyone thought anything else.

" when life gives you lemons, make grape juice and confuse the hell out of them"
Old 17 September 2020, 19:40
Been There Done That

While the rest of the National Felon's League were sporting other names on their helmets, former 1/75th Ranger Alejandro Villanueva had the name of Alwyn Cash on his. Well done. Sorry for the derail.
Old 18 September 2020, 05:42
Been There Done That

De-rail Hell...worthy on its own thread.
Old 18 September 2020, 06:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top0321 View Post
While the rest of the National Felon's League were sporting other names on their helmets, former 1/75th Ranger Alejandro Villanueva had the name of Alwyn Cash on his. Well done. Sorry for the derail.
I read that. Very cool of Villanueva to do that when all others had a guys name on the helmet who they all didn’t even know his story.

Congratulations to the son.
Old 18 September 2020, 11:46
been ***** **** that

And that it had the backing of the coach was cool, I thought!
Old 18 September 2020, 12:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I read that. Very cool of Villanueva to do that when all others had a guys name on the helmet who they all didn’t even know his story.

Congratulations to the son.
Yep, they all, except Villanueva wore the name of Antwon Rose who had just participated in the drive by shooting of another black man shortly before his confrontation with police. Hence, the National Felon's League. In 2017 Villanueva was the only Steeler to come out of the locker room for the National Anthem. And yes Schibbs, good on Tomlin for backing him up. I'm sure that Villanueva unlike the other illiterate fucks on his team actually researched the individual whose name they were putting on their helmet and said, "F that, I'm gonna honor a real man."
Old 18 September 2020, 12:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Yep, they all, except Villanueva wore the name of Antwon Rose
Not true. Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncy did the same and put out a statement.

Quote:
"I was given limited information on the situation regarding Antwon, and I was unaware of the whole story surrounding his death and what transpired during the trial following the tragedy. I should have done more research to fully understand what occurred in its entirety ... Make no mistake, I am against racism and I believe the best thing I can do is to continue helping repair relationships between the police and their communities.
"I also want to make sure [the police] understand I inadvertently supported a cause of which I did not fully comprehend the entire background of the case ... My focus will continue to be on helping the police in our communities, and I support making any necessary changes to help those efforts."
Old 18 September 2020, 14:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Not true. Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncy did the same and put out a statement.
Wrong. On Monday night he had Antwon Rose' name on his helmet, only yesterday did he put out the statement that going forward he would make his own decision on what/who to honor. Again, I don't want to derail a thread dedicated to a hero like SFC Cashe. If you want to start a National Felon League 2020 thread have at it because I'm not, or take it to PM.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-steeler...184732878.html

Our new posting rules