SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 25 December 2003, 23:51
Confirmed User

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Well, "Al Qaeda" does translate roughly as "The Headquarters". I'm not so sure that they are running that campaign, but I would be very surprised if there wasn't some sort of collaborating going on between AQ and the Chechens. Training camps and indoctrination possibly, in an attempt to spread the resources of the "infidels". It doesn't seem likely that they are sharing anything other than ideology and training, the Chechens have shown a propensity to use cellular detonated IEDs against the Russians. If there is an AQ involvment in Iraq, both insurgencies show similar symptoms. I would venture that they feel bound together because of their mutual struggle, and sympathizers are at a premium when it comes to terrorist networking these days. Would it be feasible for them to share materials and weapons with one another?

The most recent article I read about the mujahidas was dealing with Pakistani women, many of them referenced the Black Widows as a source of inspiration for their own resolve.
Old 26 December 2003, 01:18
frickinnewguy
Visitor

The most obviuos conection of al queda to the chechyan criminals was the pesense of Khattab. A suadi citizen and former jordanian army officer, he and his arab jihadists set up the logistics networ that ran from iran to azerbijan and up through gergia then into checynaya and dagestan. You can check out this practioner of the relgion of peace at pravda.ru english or just do a google search on him. He left behind a network that is still being used, and it was this network that allowed the transit of chechyan mercanaries to get to afganistan and kashmir. as to why they dont use white looking checyans to conduct attacks here and in britain where they would not atract much attention i dont know, but this may be a future tactic. p.s. gergia is so corupt they could bribe their way through the (gergian part of the)system and get a visa, its something to think about, unlike arabs these guys have no fear.
Old 26 December 2003, 17:08
Confirmed User

Just let 'cho soul glo

The best thing about that guy was his hair. Wow, a terrorist with a jerry curl, that's gotta be a first.
Old 27 December 2003, 00:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
Team Sergeant - running out of stupid people? Come on now.
I think Top has a point there.

While the Jihadists may have a limitless supply of stupid people, they have a short supply of smart stupid people. The guys who carried out 9/11 were educated people who had lived abroad and could fit in to some extent. Atta held a Masters in architecture and the shitbird who crashed in PA was raised as a Lebanese Catholic. They had education and experience outside of the madrases.

Those kinds are few and far between; you can't take your average ignorant Arab who wipes his ass with his bare hand and expect him to fit in here.

Al Qaeda can't squander such precious resources on shopping mall suicide bombings; they need a bang for the buck.

They can't recruit young Arab bombers here, because most of them are doing well. We don't have Gaza-type Arab ghettoes, we have young guys from middle class families who are more concerned about the bling-bling and baggy pants than they are about "Jihad".

Our new posting rules