SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 23 September 2019, 15:43
Shakin' the bush Boss

Vision is also a separate enrollment.
Old 24 September 2019, 12:34
33,024 - R.I.P.

I miss the VA in Wichita. They were the best. One of the main problems with the VA, is that none of the regional systems (electronic) work with each other. When I came bac to the ATL system, they had no record of my Wichita visits, surgeries, DR. notes, etc. "Oh, that's a different system." WTF?!?!

The ATL system sucks...plain and simple. I have been seen by three different PAs and a nurse. Not once have I been seen by an actual doctor. I could see my PCP in Wichita whenever I wanted to get on the schedule.

It really pissed me off when I kept trying to get into the Mission Act (should have been grandfathered in). I spent several hours on hold and getting transferred all over the ATL. It's like they don't want you to get outside help., but they don't want to help from them either.

The Carrolton CBOC said they were not taking any new patients. Then on hold for 45 min, and the Mission Act person says they can get me into the Carrolton CBOC. I go to the Carrolton CBOC, and they order labs for me at the Newnan CBOC. I show up to the Newnan CBOC, and they have no record of the lab request. Go back to Carrolton CBOC a couple of weeks later and the labs show what I already knew, but I'm seen by a nurse, so no adjustments to meds or any real medical answers provided. No review of what I was there for to begin with. I have medical insurance, but I think the VA is on to the same skullduggery that regular providers do; Keep you coming back, so they can bilk the insurance.
Old 4 October 2019, 22:19
Been There Done That

At VA all day the other day....worthless.

Why do I even bother.
Old 4 October 2019, 23:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
At VA all day the other day....worthless.

Why do I even bother.
LP Its probably an hour drive for you, but have you ever thought about trying the Danville IL.VA Clinic?
(Granted Danville is a shithole and an eye sore for down state)
Ive yet to hear anything bad from the guys that go there and even back in the 70s and 80s they took great care of my two Great Uncles and one of the Uncles was a class A asshole alcoholic.
Just a thought.
Old 5 October 2019, 03:56
Been There Done That

I alternate already between Danville and Indy. Danville was our areas prime until a year ago, when they switched our prime to Indy. But still sometimes go to Danville. Both Danville and Indy are the same driving distance from my location. And in my town ha e an outpatient clinic- primary care, nurses, mental health, labs, etc.

My bitching about the VA applies to all three above locations.

Parking is better at Danville - about the only thing better.
Old 5 October 2019, 12:21
Confirmed User

We mus be the exception...My wife (also a vet.) and I have had good care so far. We also use Tricare for Life and Medicare with civilian doc.s. We've gotten glasses, and hearing aids from the VA also orthopedic inserts for my shoes. Most of our drugs are cheaper through Express Scrips.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."

Our new posting rules