SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 April 2000, 05:06
MH
Visitor

SAS Selection

Old 13 April 2000, 05:08
MH
Visitor

Well i just decide to post this new topic cos hopefully one day Id like to try out for the SAS and i know theres many more out there. So feel free to mention any sites or details that might help people pass selection.
Old 29 April 2000, 06:35
Samurai
Visitor

I assume your talking Aussie SAS, if so check out the video "Battle for the Golden Road", it a documentary on the 1983 selection course. The course has changed somewhat since then but it will give you an insight.

The main thing I would stress is navigation, make sure you can navigate by yourself in all terrains and conditions. They use the Stirling Ranges south of Perth a lot, it's national park so you can go and practice. They've also used Lancelin north of Perth, this is horror country for Navex's as it is all sand dunes, SOFT sand, killer on the legs and really hard to walk on a bearing.

Fitness is important, if your interested e-mail me and I'll send you the fitness program they send out to applicants (or at least the one they used in '92) it's a 6 month program.

Any books, on British SAS selection (and there's thousands) will assist in your prep, but the best thing is get out and practice everything you've ever been taught.

Regards
Samurai

------------------
"The one thing that must learnt but cannot be taught is understanding."
Old 1 May 2000, 00:56
MH
Visitor

Yeah i tried e-mailing didnt wok said the address didnt exist but id still love the info youve got.
Old 20 May 2000, 20:15
Stargater
Visitor

Try www.bravotwozero.freeserve.co.uk for some useful brit SAS selection info

------------------
Famous last words;
"They couldn't hit an elephant from that range"
Old 21 May 2000, 05:00
MH
Visitor

www.bravotwozero.freeserve.co.uk has been taken down but there is this other site which is really good and its only based on fitness and selection for the army and special forces i thought it was a great site check it out. Its www.sasselection.fsnet.co.uk
Old 3 June 2000, 15:05
mioshfletch
Visitor

STAR GATER,
Old 3 June 2000, 15:07
mioshfletch
Visitor

STARGATER,
JUST CURIOUS BUT ARE THE "LAST WORDS" FROM A GENERAL IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR? DID HE GET KILLED BY A SNIPER? I THINK I HAVE HEARD THAT BEFORE....
Old 3 June 2000, 20:32
Authorized Personnel

Can't recall the general's name, but that incident occured during the War of Northern Aggression, also called the Civil War.
Old 4 June 2000, 16:09
Tuukka
Visitor

I believe it was General John Sedgwick
Old 5 June 2000, 19:38
Confirmed User

Yes, was from the War of Northern Aggression. Will ask my 1SG for more info on the incident.

Our new posting rules