SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 1 November 2019, 07:58
Been There Done That

RASP for Officers?

Do all officers heading to the Regiment go through RASP? Or is it set up Similar to the old days where enlisted had RIP and Officers had ROP? A separate or abbreviated RASP for Officers.

How does a LT get into the Regiment? Still somewhat competitive, good ole boy network (Aggies and Ring knockers like it use to seem to be)?

Correct me if wrong, but for inspiring Infantry LTs wanting to join the Regiment, looking at only about 40 slots available? (4 platoons, 3 companies per each Battalion).
Old 1 November 2019, 19:05
Been There Done That

Haven’t been in there since it was RIP, but my understanding is RASP (RIP) and RASP2 (ROP) work essentially the same but longer, as back when.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 1 November 2019, 20:32
Been There Done That

RASP 2 and there are more companies in each Bn now, plus STB, etc...
Old 1 November 2019, 23:18
Been There Done That

RASP 2 is the new form of ROP. Instead of the 8 week RASP, it is 4 weeks and only for Officers and SSG and above.

If a young Infantry LT want to join Regiment they just need to get on the Regimental website and drop a packet. From there they will get fenced for a BN and get a date for RASP 2.

They will need to do PL time before coming over but there are more slots than there used to be.
Old 1 November 2019, 23:41
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerHONEZ View Post
RASP 2 is the new form of ROP. Instead of the 8 week RASP, it is 4 weeks and only for Officers and SSG and above.

If a young Infantry LT want to join Regiment they just need to get on the Regimental website and drop a packet. From there they will get fenced for a BN and get a date for RASP 2.

They will need to do PL time before coming over but there are more slots than there used to be.
You could probably find a Hooah who would be up to speed to answer all of your questions and give you current atmospherics
Old 2 November 2019, 05:40
been ***** **** that

I always wondered about that during my timeframe, late seventies. I swear there was a SSG in my RIP class, though, and was there a class for LT's and NCO's back then? It boggles my mind how advanced in tech, manpower and tactics these new warriors are.

Our new posting rules