SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Post Exchange

Old 22 May 2019, 02:20
Authorized Personnel

WTB Mystery Ranch

If anyone has one of the 3-day or a ruck from Mystery Ranch they want to part with Iím in the market. I gave the one issued to me away before I ETSed.
Old 29 May 2019, 00:04
jump fiend

Can you give me more details? There's lots of Mystery Ranch ones out there.

We actually just had an issue with one of their rucks main flaps blowing apart on lowering under canopy (plastic buckle) which cost the AF a pretty penny...it landed on a dude's windshield and totaled his truck.

So I may be looking to offload one! =)
Old 29 May 2019, 00:51
Authorized Personnel

https://www.mysteryranch.com/3-day-assault-pack

Think we got the older version of this one. I won't be jumping out of any planes with it, so if ya got one and need a dude to off-load it to, I think ya got my address!
Old 29 May 2019, 09:37
In Vino Veritas

I have the civilian version (Sweet Pea) at home that I had to retire due to the zippers not functioning correctly. Itís yours if you donate to the site.
Old 29 May 2019, 11:22
Confirmed User

^Have you tried Mystery Ranch to see if they'll fix it for free?

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 29 May 2019, 11:27
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
^Have you tried Mystery Ranch to see if they'll fix it for free?
Iíve called and emailed to no avail. My current employer gave me a gear allowance so I bought a new MR pack.
Old 29 May 2019, 14:32
Been There Done That

One of the best packs have owned.
Old 29 May 2019, 14:34
Been There Done That

Here is a link to a new one :

https://www.mysteryranch.com/3-day-assault-pack
Old 29 May 2019, 15:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Iíve called and emailed to no avail. My current employer gave me a gear allowance so I bought a new MR pack.
Guess they don't do customer service anymore. They used to be known for it.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 29 May 2019, 15:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
I was curious and emailed mystery ranch because I have a few of their packs and wanted to know if I should avoid them in the future. They emailed me back saying they'd fix it. So if 256 doesn't want it I'll take it and donate to here. I can also give ya the contact info they gave me if you want it.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan
Old 29 May 2019, 17:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Guess they don't do customer service anymore. They used to be known for it.
I have received excellent customer care from MR in the past. I donít recall any delays in communication. And I would not give up my MR packs voluntarily. They are so well thought-out and durable.
V/R,
Danny
Old 29 May 2019, 17:57
Confirmed User

They quit making the civilian stuff in Bozeman several years ago. It's now sewn in the Philippines. I believe that the fire stuff and military stuff is still made in the USA because of the Berry Amendment.
Old 29 May 2019, 19:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
They quit making the civilian stuff in Bozeman several years ago. It's now sewn in the Philippines. I believe that the fire stuff and military stuff is still made in the USA because of the Berry Amendment.
Correct. Big price difference as well.

I have a old Dana Design Bridger Pack (MRís predecessor)back from the early Ď90s that accompanied me on many overseas treks, and still have.
Old 29 May 2019, 20:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Correct. Big price difference as well.

I have a old Dana Design Bridger Pack (MRís predecessor)back from the early Ď90s that accompanied me on many overseas treks, and still have.
I thought the price points were pretty similar which turned me off to keep buying them. I have an old Dana Designs Bomb pack from when I used to Backcountry ski a lot. It's a great pack.

I've had a couple MR hunting packs and honestly think they are way too heavy compared to Kifaru or Stone Glacier, and not nearly as comfortable. But a lot of that stems from the NICE frame which I think had to be Alice compatible.

Dana and Patrick Smith were innovators for sure.
Old 29 May 2019, 20:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
I thought the price points were pretty similar which turned me off to keep buying them. I have an old Dana Designs Bomb pack from when I used to Backcountry ski a lot. It's a great pack.

I've had a couple MR hunting packs and honestly think they are way too heavy compared to Kifaru or Stone Glacier, and not nearly as comfortable. But a lot of that stems from the NICE frame which I think had to be Alice compatible.

Dana and Patrick Smith were innovators for sure.
Donít forget the old Gregory packs also.

I had a Moutainsmith pack used much in the mid 80s. Was good at that time - the first internal frame pAck I owned.

I wish I could go buy a new Gregory Rock Creek.
Old 29 May 2019, 22:14
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I have the civilian version (Sweet Pea) at home that I had to retire due to the zippers not functioning correctly. Itís yours if you donate to the site.
Consider it done. Thank you! Iíll PM you a good address, let me know how much shipping is as well!

Thanks again! SOCNET rocks!

Our new posting rules