SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 31 August 2019, 11:44

SIG.365 WITH OR W/O SAFETY

Got into a discussion with a shooter who tried my 365 at the range..he liked it but was waiting to get the new 365 with a safety! Asked me if I edc the 365.Yep!With a round in the chamber!!He said "that's dangerous"...WHAT IF!! SIGH!I told him he would love his new Sig, smiled & walked.GUYS....didn't want to waste breath..I'm 75 never been in the service but have carried cocked & locked for a long time.As I've gotten older my guns have gotten smaller but still carry hot!!
Jim
Old 31 August 2019, 13:09
Freelancer

Reminds me of people that bitch you have to pull the trigger to field strip. If you're to stupid to clear the weapon before cleaning you deserve a ND.
The 365 doesn't need a safety IMO.
Old 31 August 2019, 14:56
Been There Done That

I wonder if people like that are just clueless about how guns are designed, or if they are just so incompetent that they need a manual safety to prevent them from firing the gun at the wrong time.

ETA: I guess with the 320s sig did give people a reason to not trust the design of their guns.
Old 31 August 2019, 17:04
Living The Grunt Life

People like that seriously irritate me. Statements like those reveal -- to me at least -- that they are too scared of a weapon for it to do them any good. He needs to get himself an airsoft gun and play cops and robbers or cowboys and indians for a while so he isn't so scared. I guess he has never heard of having weapons competency.
Old 31 August 2019, 19:05
I reckon so. . .

Catch that story last week about the instructor who shot his students leg? yeah, as part of the course he goes around and test checks all their weapons to ensure they work properly. Supposed to be unloaded and bla, bal, blah.

No matter what you build into the weapon some folks just ought not be around them.
Old 31 August 2019, 19:09
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
People like that seriously irritate me. Statements like those reveal -- to me at least -- that they are too scared of a weapon for it to do them any good. He needs to get himself an airsoft gun and play cops and robbers or cowboys and indians for a while so he isn't so scared. I guess he has never heard of having weapons competency.
I think it's a sure sign that they didn't grow up with weapons/FA at a young age. Same as those who are afraid to go hands on.

You can pick it up later in life I guess, but having it ingrained since you were still dreaming about what pussy looked like helps set it in the long term memory bank.
Old 2 September 2019, 09:31
Hard to Kill

Its like knowing how to accomplish a task with software vs knowing how software works. You can memorize buttons to click and make the magic happen. OR you can realize how it really works and become a better, more proficient user.

Someone told him "safety is always on until you are ready to fire" and he just cannot get past that. Next time show him a revolver and explain the similarities in trigger pull and weight. Help him understand how the pistol works, not just mindless buttons to click.
Old 2 September 2019, 11:34

FG,
Somewhere,someone taught you how & why people think the way they do!You were also taught how to think out of the box!Real pleasure reading your comments.Thanks for your time!
Jim

Our new posting rules