SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 20 March 2014, 20:42
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllierEL View Post
I for one appreciate the job forums on SOCNET, just wish they didn't jump off topic as frequently as they do. So much drama would be saved in these forums (Domestic and International Jobs) if people could refrain from the back and forth (i.e. cheap shots and chest thumping). People look at a the aforementioned forums to research opportunities, not sift through a soap opera to gain one or two valuable posts actually pertaining to the job. The number of a person's post is a relevant to his ability to question someone? Seriously? That is a criteria? It seems to me that the people with a significant amount of posts go out of their way to embarrass someone who asks pretty simple questions (I know. I know. Search function. Search function) People never seem to grow weary of telling someone how stupid they are for not using the search function over and over and over again. I wonder why they don't have the same energy when it comes to answering a question over and over...not as "entertaining" of a read for other people to jump on I guess.
If people would follow the rules, there would be much less drama as well. We confront guests that come here and walk in the door and muddy the carpet. We have norms here that we require to be followed. Its our house. If we let every new registrant walk in, put his feet on the furniture and traipse through here and ask the same question a hundred times, we would overload the server with digital cancer. It also makes it very difficult for folks like yourself who benefit from this site to not have to look through 100 separate threads to garnish all 100 tidbits of information.

Soooo... does # of posts equal tactical prowess? No, but it does speak to a member's knowledge of the rules of this house. If you are a quest, such as yourself, there are certain rules, if you live here, there are other rules. I am sure you had rules for when a new Marine came to your unit who might start to try and tell you how to run that outfit. Its our house and our rules. You are more than welcome to stay. If you don't like the color of the curtains, feel free to build your own house.
Old 20 March 2014, 21:50

Gsniper and The Fat Guy have given me the appropriate rudder steer. Points made by both are valid. I appreciate you both taking the time to get me up to speed.
Old 4 April 2014, 00:53
hippies beware

To all who continue to submit resumes:

Thank you again for the interest, however, we ended the receiving period on March 6th. No further resumes past March 6th will be considered.

For those that submitted before March 6th, we deeply appreciate your patience. Our Oil Industry clients placed all new projects (ours, among others) on hold in order to observe their financial projects and whether this cold winter during Q1 has made up for the losses experienced during Q4 of last year. We will have better WARNO material within the next week or two.

Continue to do what must be done in the mean time.

Thanks again!

OOC, out

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain

"All that we see is perspective, not fact...All that we hear is opinion, not truth."
--Marcus Aurelius

"The time you spent typing and formatting this post would have been better spent hitting yourself in the face with a hammer."
--Jimbo

Wise old man--"That woman was SEXY!"
Young lad--"She's out of my league."
Wise old man--"Look...let women figure out why they wont sleep with you...dont do it for them."
Old 4 April 2014, 10:25
Been There Done That

You don't have to post more than once that you have stopped taking resumes- if folks still send them then just delete them and reply that the offer is no longer valid.
Old 4 April 2014, 10:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat68 View Post
Sorry I'm a bit new here but to me this seem like some king of resume blasting scam to collect information. Has "anyone" got a job yet?
I'm not a Mod in this forum but the posting was a approved by the mod-

you are a guest here- a NEW one- tread lightly

Thanks
Old 4 April 2014, 10:54
Plank Owner

Not that it is needed, but I have worked with OOC and we have had each others back on numerous occasions. I consider him one of my closest friends.
He is legit and his company has been in operation for quite some time. This is no "fly by night" BS company...he is for real.

Back in my lane...
Old 4 April 2014, 18:40
hippies beware

Roger, CSM. Will do.

Thanks Trigger! I'll pay you later!

OOC, out

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain

"All that we see is perspective, not fact...All that we hear is opinion, not truth."
--Marcus Aurelius

"The time you spent typing and formatting this post would have been better spent hitting yourself in the face with a hammer."
--Jimbo

Wise old man--"That woman was SEXY!"
Young lad--"She's out of my league."
Wise old man--"Look...let women figure out why they wont sleep with you...dont do it for them."
Old 11 April 2014, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
I'm not a Mod in this forum but the posting was a approved by the mod-

you are a guest here- a NEW one- tread lightly

Thanks
Hey Rick! Deja de hablar a mí - Entiendo. Creo que es posible que hayamos conocido hace años en Palmerola AB.
Old 11 April 2014, 14:47
Administrator

I'm currently engaged in an internal struggle whether to ban you or not.
Old 11 April 2014, 15:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofcontrol View Post
Thank you, usacivpol.

kat68--

I, like you, am a guest in this house. Otherwise, this response would be a hell of a lot shorter, and significantly more vulgar. In life outside the interwebs, questioning one's integrity in this industry would land you in the short line for an ass-beating.

I don't remember asking if I needed to give you a warm, fuzzy feeling about my thread or opportunity, nor do I believe anyone asked what you thought. I'm not exactly a fucking robot, and this ain't exactly Monster . com. Did you not think that I would be reviewing the thread that I started on a semi-frequent basis? Especially as the hiring authority?

Great situational awareness. Keep it up.

Mods/Admins: As a guest in your house, if I crossed a line; I'll take my licks like a man, but being called out as a fraud by a single-digit-post-count little troll doesn't sit well with me.

OOC, out
oh holy shit this is funny. Wait until I see you again.......!!!
Old 12 April 2014, 22:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat68 View Post
Hey Rick! Deja de hablar a mí - Entiendo. Creo que es posible que hayamos conocido hace años en Palmerola AB.
Entirely possible - I was there in 98-99 and again 2005
Old 6 May 2014, 20:26

Email sent thank you

Our new posting rules