SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 14 October 2015, 08:43
Confirmed User

Thumbs up ** Immediate Need-Mid-Level All Source Military/Political Analyst KOREA, TS/SCI, $7

SB Approved

Period of Performance:

Base +4 Option Years (awarded) candidates expected to start on site in Hawaii immediately/under 30 days

Location of Performance:

Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam & Camp H.M. Smith, HI but could extend to US Military bases in PACOM AOR

Salary: $75-78K+ annually, $1-4K signing bonuses if needed (NO RELO)

Hours: Core Work Day from 730 1630

Security Requirements:

Active TS/SCI (if debriefed from SCI, within the last 24 months), Shall have passed or be able to pass a CI polygraph, Current valid tourist passport (candidates may not be submitted if they have an open PR unless it is with DIA)

Mid-Level Requirements (per the PWS):

Bachelor or Masters Degree with 4-6 years of intelligence analysis experience, or, specialized training & 4-8 years intelligence analysis experience, or, equivalent intelligence/academic experience.

Job Duties/Required Knowledge/Skills:

SME All-Source Political/Military Analysts

Develop and disseminate assessments on issues address PACOM foreign stability, threat, military developments

Will brief assessments at the theater operational to strategic levels

Craft informed collection requirements to satisfy information gaps

Provide operationally relevant analysis on the above countries re: political/military activities

Provide input to imagery, signals, and HUMINT collection requirements and recommend solutions to collections gaps

Support theater Operational Planning Teams (OPTs)

Participate in information exchanges with foreign and IC partners

Produce subject specific, finished intelligence products

Prepare and present written and oral briefings

Morning Intelligence Brief (MIB) and End of Day Updates summarizing significant events for the day

Knowledge Management: knowledge of A-Space, SharePoint, and become familiar with Command webpage programs, HOT-R

Possess knowledge of the national defense warning frameworks

Possess familiarity with JIOC Intelligence Planner processes and tradecraft (JOPES/Functional/Engagement & Information Sharing)

Experience in Combatant Command (CCMD) Intelligence staff actions and planning either as members of a CCMD/Sub-unified Command staff or a Theater Service Component or Direct Reporting Unit (e.g. JIOC) staff or a graduate of Command and Staff War College of Joint Staff Officer designation

Desired: Joint Exercise Experience with the S. Koreans. UFL or UFG Joint Exercises

MUST apply thru BeyondSOF.com for screening

POC alex@beyondsof.com
Old 14 October 2015, 08:51
Been There Done That

How sure are you about that salary?
Old 14 October 2015, 08:57
Administrator

$7 per hour.....take it or leave it fuckers.....hahahahahaha

I will say that based on my very limited time in Hawaii, $75K annually wont go very far.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 15 October 2015, 09:27
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I will say that based on my very limited time in Hawaii, $75K annually wont go very far.
Beat me to it. That said, as to not scuff up on Steak too much, a lot of gov contracts are going with Best Cost instead of Best Value these days. I imagine it's getting rough to staff a lot of contracts with quality people.
Old 15 October 2015, 09:49
Administrator

True. Seems like most stuff is going LPTA these days. Reminds me of that old saying "Remember your weapon was made by the lowest bidder."

-ZZ Top
Old 15 October 2015, 10:26
exquisitus asinus

even best value contracts are often nothing more than LPTA in disguise..

It is very, very, rare these days that either the DoD or DoS selects a vendor that doesnt come in with the lowest price.. regardless of how the solicitation is released..
Old 15 October 2015, 10:44
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwest View Post

It is very, very, rare these days that either the DoD or DoS selects a vendor that doesnt come in with the lowest price.. regardless of how the solicitation is released..
To paraphrase a friend of mine...."So that's why we always wind up with shit gear? Well at least we get a cool looking pelican case out of the deal."

-ZZ Top
Old 15 October 2015, 14:13
"We're all bad in someone's story...."

Quote:

Hopefully that's changing...

Is Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) Always The Best Deal?

Is DOD moving away from LPTA?

When I was heavy into construction, I took some major hits by going LPTA/lowest bidder...
Old 15 October 2015, 14:24
exquisitus asinus

IMO theyre paying "moving away" lip service...

Youre seeing more contracts released BV vs LPTA these days than you did a couple of years ago... but.. the vast majority of the awards are still going to the lowest bidder..

You offer the government 20% more value.. at a 5% higher cost.. and they still pick the lower priced option almost every single time...

Companies understand this.. so most continue to bid things exactly the same way they did prior... and race to the bottom..

there are some services and products where BV gets real play.. but they are very limited..

Within the DoD specifically there has been a pretty serious battle between end users (customers) and contracting shops that actually award the work.. The end users are getting fed up with LPTA (whether "real" LPTA.. or a BV that is really just an LPTA with another name assigned).. they want quality services and products.. but.. the contracting shops are still pushing out awards to the lowest bidders (their performance is evaluated on how much money they can save the govt.. where the customers performance is evaluated on whether or not they can actually accomplish the mission)..

In the vast majority of cases that I have been involved in.. contracting wins those battles.. and the customer is left trying to figure out how to make the best of a bad situation..
Old 15 October 2015, 15:49
Administrator

Quote:
IMO theyre paying "moving away" lip service...

Youre seeing more contracts released BV vs LPTA these days than you did a couple of years ago... but.. the vast majority of the awards are still going to the lowest bidder..

You offer the government 20% more value.. at a 5% higher cost.. and they still pick the lower priced option almost every single time...

Companies understand this.. so most continue to bid things exactly the same way they did prior... and race to the bottom..

there are some services and products where BV gets real play.. but they are very limited..

Within the DoD specifically there has been a pretty serious battle between end users (customers) and contracting shops that actually award the work.. The end users are getting fed up with LPTA (whether "real" LPTA.. or a BV that is really just an LPTA with another name assigned).. they want quality services and products.. but.. the contracting shops are still pushing out awards to the lowest bidders (their performance is evaluated on how much money they can save the govt.. where the customers performance is evaluated on whether or not they can actually accomplish the mission)..

In the vast majority of cases that I have been involved in.. contracting wins those battles.. and the customer is left trying to figure out how to make the best of a bad situation..

Nailed it. Sucks when the contracting shop can override the actual government customer.

-ZZ Top
Old 4 December 2015, 19:54
Confirmed User

Now is $6..LOL

The G2 on the price chop is because the 'customer' wants to keep the same folks but not pay as much.. We were hoping to find folks with Retirement pay on the side who wanted to live there.
Old 7 December 2015, 15:03

$75k is livable but not great, man this would be a good gig if I didn't have to move to Hawaii ;P Even have worked joint w/ R.O.K. Navy at UFG. I wonder how the day to day cost of living compares to SF Bay Area. I make slightly less right now and it doesn't really feel like enough to be very comfortable.

Our new posting rules