SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 16 January 2009, 15:21
"We're all bad in someone's story...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
If I have a white able-bodied male between 35 and 45, I am good to go. if not, I am often referred to legal immediately.
I don't know HTF! "I" fall into that category?

Stay safe.
Old 28 January 2009, 04:00
Overseas Gunplumber

Armorer,

Any new dope for us on this situation? Any luck in the job market?

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 28 January 2009, 12:37
Carl Spackler
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorer1 View Post
I told them of my 60% disability when I interviewed. The company is a small business, veteran owned...that's what REALLY gets me. The President/CEO was a former SEAL himself and he ALWAYS talked about helping disabled vets....then he does this. That's part of the reason I was blown away. I've tried to get something in writing and they won't give it to me. I've left message w/ CA Division of Labor Standards for my region. I haven't spoke to a lawyer yet, I don't have the money right now for that. I'm going in tomorrow to return all of my issued gear and will try again to get something in writing. I think realizing they said VA appointments, they changed their tune. But, my performance was outstanding and I kept copies of all my evals. The other guy they hired was a former employee who'd left for another job, but came back. His salary is a bit less then mine (I was fully certified thru the Navy for the course I taught, he is not yet). My former co-workers couldn't believe they let me go, and in fact they cancelled VA appointments themselves!! Thanks for the help everyone.
Former Team guy? Dude somethings weird here...
Old 30 January 2009, 16:19
Confirmed User

If you are servie connected with disabilities look at the Americans With Disabilities Act and contact your local EEO office. You have recourse. If you are less than 100% service connected file a claim with the VA for unemployabilitybased on your service connected conditions. (Yes I work for the VA, sorry) PM me for more information

Our new posting rules