SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 7 October 2013, 16:20

For those still interested in the position or still in the pipeline. There's another vacancy that will be announced in the near future for a late 2014 academy. That's good news to all currently in the pipeline as it appears as the budget issues and gov shutdown aren't influencing OST hiring.
Old 7 October 2013, 16:53
Confirmed User

Thanks for the info, I was waiting for the next announcement. Any clarification on "near future"?
Old 18 October 2013, 17:36
Confirmed User

Finally got in touch with the recruiter. Word is as early as next week to sometime mid-November with a July 2014 academy.
Old 5 November 2013, 16:10
Confirmed User

Vacancy is posted on USAJobs, Series code 0084. Posted until 18 November or first 600 applicants for each position (TX, NM)
Old 16 November 2013, 11:39

Has anyone heard anything back on USAJOBS from this latest post? I have submitted for it, but yet to hear anything.
Old 16 November 2013, 20:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticSec View Post
Has anyone heard anything back on USAJOBS from this latest post? I have submitted for it, but yet to hear anything.
As in the one that just closed a few days ago and the one that is still open? Not going to hear anything until at least late December, early January.
Old 17 November 2013, 11:33

I believe the deadline is the 18th, Thanks for the info.
Old 17 November 2013, 20:01

Another question is it to late to go back in and tweak my resume that was submitted. If it is not to late, is there anyone out there that has been threw this process that can help me outline my resume as to what they look for. I know I have the experience and qualifications to be a great candidate for this, I suck at showing that threw a resume. Thanks!
Old 17 November 2013, 21:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Another question is it to late to go back in and tweak my resume that was submitted. If it is not to late, is there anyone out there that has been threw this process that can help me outline my resume as to what they look for. I know I have the experience and qualifications to be a great candidate for this, I suck at showing that threw a resume. Thanks!
You can edit your resume for the Amarillo location until the posting closes (tonight or tomorrow night depending on how full it is). Match your resume up with the stuff in the announcement as close as possible. Also (see above) run your stuff through Microsoft Word for spell check and grammar first. I would look it over but it's a little too close to the deadline.
Old 22 November 2013, 22:10

Anyone know if the normal GS pay scale if good to go off of for pay or do courier agents get special type of pays?

Thanks
Old 23 November 2013, 12:04
Confirmed User

They use a NV Pay Band; the starting band is equivalent to GS-08 to GS-10. This means that you have a starting salary and get pay raises in percentages based upon supervisor ratings rather than by incremental step and grade increases. Other than overtime I am not aware of any special pay for basic NMC's.
Old 11 December 2013, 16:21

I know per-diem comes into play especially when out and about, add in the OT and that's where the money starts to add up.

I'm not sure if their are any other duty pay, such as hazardous, etc.

Anyone else waiting for the Feb ACT?
Old 11 December 2013, 16:49

I just got an online interview email and had to answer three questions, just sent it back.
Old 12 December 2013, 10:11
Confirmed User

If "bambam" is still in Albuquerque, he'd be a very good source for info. Billy, if your out there, give me a shout; it's been a while.
Old 12 December 2013, 21:38
Confirmed User

Got a tentative selection for ABQ which will turn into a conditional offer once I pass the drug test. Tricky part is going to be getting the documents I need from the VA.
Old 13 December 2013, 07:37

My USAJOBS status just went from reviewing applicants to "referred" for the Amarillo side. Can anyone in the know fill me in on where I stand in the process. Thnks
Old 13 December 2013, 07:40

Quote:
My USAJOBS status just went from reviewing applicants to "referred" for the Amarillo side. Can anyone in the know fill me in on where I stand in the process. Thnks
Never mind, found the answer myself. "Application sent to hiring manager for further review. Please allow 12 to 16 weeks for hiring manager review."
Old 13 December 2013, 11:06
Confirmed User

What VA documents? Medical or?
Be careful
See the list at
https://fmt.kcp.com/OSTfederalagent/Docs/FederalAgentBrochure.pdf
look at "Special Requirements"

VA documents are known to be very thorough......

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_scope12 View Post
Got a tentative selection for ABQ which will turn into a conditional offer once I pass the drug test. Tricky part is going to be getting the documents I need from the VA.
Old 13 December 2013, 20:09

Seems like this vacancy is different than the last.

Hopefully there is enough people that have cleared HRP in order for the Feb Academy to occur.

My suggestion for anyone making the 3-4 day eval at ABQ... bring any medical documents that support any pre-existing condition that would disqualify you. Ex, if you have an issue but you know it won't affect your performance, bring the documents that prove it, etc.
Old 13 December 2013, 22:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
Seems like this vacancy is different than the last.

Hopefully there is enough people that have cleared HRP in order for the Feb Academy to occur.

My suggestion for anyone making the 3-4 day eval at ABQ... bring any medical documents that support any pre-existing condition that would disqualify you. Ex, if you have an issue but you know it won't affect your performance, bring the documents that prove it, etc.
The Feb academy is full and should be going as planned.

Our new posting rules