SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 2 August 2008, 20:02
Been There Done That

BP update of the day.
A trainee was just fired for having unauthorized test materials in his car. What is unauthorized test material and how did he get them. Well almost a year ago there was a huge cheating scandal at the academy. Trainees had managed to take pics of the tests with cell phone cameras and were passing them around. They fired 22 trainees, but quite looking after that or they probably would have fired a shit load more. The guy this week was a recycle.

Now why did they go in his car, because his roommate saw scales and baggies in his dresser in their room. So he reported it and they searched his room and his car. The BP is so weak though they couldnít figure out how to include the paraphernalia in connection with firing him so they just used the cheat sheets. They also couldnít seem to contact the local police and have them hook him up.

In three years or less all the crap the BP is hiring right now is going to float to the surface and it will be corruption city.
Old 15 August 2008, 04:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post
In three years or less all the crap the BP is hiring right now is going to float to the surface and it will be corruption city.
Absolutely, I can see it coming, my work brings me in touch with the BP frequently and a couple friends of mine work the local sector. I've observed some things myself, and they have told me things as well.

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if contract security plays a greater hand in some BP roles in a couple years from now, to free up more experienced/capable folks to be in the field on patrol.

Customs looks like a good gig right now, a guy from my office left to work with them and loves it, even got his 1st choice duty station.
Old 8 May 2009, 17:03

BPA hiring process

How long is the BI taking these days for the BPA.
Old 9 May 2009, 08:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM0351 View Post
How long is the BI taking these days for the BPA.
The powers that be here are going to want an introduction to be your next post.

As far as the actual BI I donít know but IIRC the average timeframe for getting hired with the BP was about 5 months from applying to showing up at the academy.

Our new posting rules