SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 7 August 2008, 18:04

Icon5 DOE transportation gig?

Does any one have any information to offer on the DOE transportation security gig in the States? Thanks.

- Josh
Old 7 August 2008, 19:26
On the Extract Bird

look at the federal jobs website. If it's open, it's advertised.
Old 8 August 2008, 01:12
Banned User

I just got back from my interview in NM. Pretty straight forward process with a HEAVY emphasis on medical fitness. When I say HEAVY I mean they look at your poop and they feel your colon. I've heard that even hemmeroids can DQ you. I wish I were kidding. Other than the medical part, you undergoe a panel interview, and psychological interview for HRP. You take an MMPI 2 which the doc then examins and uses as a basis to conduct his interview. I passed the panel, the medical, and the psych but I'm on some meds (flexeril) which DQ me until a later time. As it was explained to me your whole life and every aspect of it is under a huge microscope for the rest of your life. Nukes arent a joke and they're big sticklers for integrity (for good reason). Check this site periodically for updates on when to apply. https://fmt.kcp.com/OSTfederalagent/ . The people there are very nice and "switched on". Good luck!
Old 8 August 2008, 10:02

Thanks for the info!!
Old 8 August 2008, 18:49
We know who you are

There is at least one guy on this board who works for DOE. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to lend a hand. I have a few buds who are with OST and it's screening process as mentioned is among the most thorough in the realm of federal law enforcement.
Old 8 August 2008, 20:31
Confirmed User

Yes He Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudee View Post
There is at least one guy on this board who works for DOE. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to lend a hand. I have a few buds who are with OST and it's screening process as mentioned is among the most thorough in the realm of federal law enforcement.
BB helped me albeit with negative results. He's great guy, I served with him years ago.

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880
Old 9 August 2008, 22:19
NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRLEOJOE View Post
I just got back from my interview in NM. Pretty straight forward process with a HEAVY emphasis on medical fitness. When I say HEAVY I mean they look at your poop and they feel your colon. I've heard that even hemmeroids can DQ you. I wish I were kidding. Other than the medical part, you undergoe a panel interview, and psychological interview for HRP. You take an MMPI 2 which the doc then examins and uses as a basis to conduct his interview. I passed the panel, the medical, and the psych but I'm on some meds (flexeril) which DQ me until a later time. As it was explained to me your whole life and every aspect of it is under a huge microscope for the rest of your life. Nukes arent a joke and they're big sticklers for integrity (for good reason). Check this site periodically for updates on when to apply. https://fmt.kcp.com/OSTfederalagent/ . The people there are very nice and "switched on". Good luck!
The website has got everything anybody needs to get things going. But after that, it a freakin' goulag. Many of us are quite disappointed at the hiring process (I guess they're working on it).

Best pay I've ever seen. Especially true for high school drop outs (like myself) this side of the pond. Good foot in the door for civilian side of the Gov. but more of a stepping stone for most guys. All the best gentlemen.
"Duty is ours, consequences are God's." -Gen."Stonewall" Jackson
Old 12 August 2008, 09:08
Confirmed User

Rudee,
you are correct there is a web footed stud on here that has the inside on this particular business. he makes his rounds like a doctor. he is a straight shooter, i had talked with him a while ago about some training things that were in the works. i worked with a couple of guys in Iraq that were pretty involved in this line of work.

later.

Last edited by team5medic; 12 August 2008 at 09:10. Reason: trying to fix my dumbass spelling mistakes.
Old 17 August 2008, 09:54
Dream Liver

PM with questions

Josh,

PM me with your questions.
Old 21 August 2008, 14:55
Rocket Surgeon

Ironically, they called me this morning to attend the assessment in NM. Problem is, they called about two hours before I left for the airport en route back to work from leave.
I'm happy to get any gouge that's offered up. Looks like they can squeeze me in on my next leave period. They were very acomodating.
Old 29 August 2008, 17:50
Confirmed User

Haven't been on the board in forever

Sorry guys, but I haven't been on SOCNET in forever.
If you guys have questions about OST, feel free to PM me.

Old 10 September 2008, 08:06

Just FYI, they are taking apps again at this time.
Old 10 September 2008, 10:37
Confirmed User

I just applied the other day. What should I expect in terms of timelines? My contract in A-Stan is up next april, would they accomodate that?
Old 10 September 2008, 15:04
Confirmed User

that's hard to judge, I'd hate to say "x" amount of time, then it takes longer, etc. Alot of it depends on how long it takes for your clearance to come through, and if you have any medical issues, etc.

However, I would say they will work with you, there have been a fair amount of other candidates in similar circumstances.

If you go through the process and they offer you one Academy date, you can ask them for the next -it helps to have a good reason though.

Old 11 September 2008, 06:57
Authorized Personnel

For ANY federal job requiring background checks etc I plan for 18-24 months for the hiring process.

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este

"Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor." -Mingo Kane
Old 11 September 2008, 09:01
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley_White View Post
For ANY federal job requiring background checks etc I plan for 18-24 months for the hiring process.
Yup.

If you already have a clearence, you can get through the process and an invite in a month.
Old 11 September 2008, 18:27

Just filled out my application for the OST job. I talked to a gentleman today on the phone about it. He seemed to be squared away. He answered all my questions no problem. I told him I already have the required clearance and its good for a few more years. Hopefully ill hear something soon. He said it should be quick since i dont need the background check. If anybody out there has any advice for in regards to this type of of work im all ears:D
Old 21 October 2008, 15:49
Been There, Done That

You def will go through the process faster than normal. I saw a lot of guys drop out due to the medical exam, and psychological interview though. Out of the 7 that were there with me I was the only one that made it through. As long as you have a clean background I don't see why you wouldn't get through the psych part. Good luck with the process, hope everything works out for ya.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. (Boondock Saints)
Old 21 October 2008, 17:35
NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT

Exclamation Q Cleared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchanu View Post
Yup.

If you already have a clearence, you can get through the process and an invite in a month.
The only guys that I've seen getting through with previous clearance in a month's time has been the the guys from the plant that are already in the HRP. I think Stanley_White's estimates are more accurate.
"Duty is ours, consequences are God's." -Gen."Stonewall" Jackson
Old 21 October 2008, 18:04

OST

I have trained and competed with DOE guys from all over the US. A fine bunch of dudes from all walks of life. They sacrifice a lot of family/conventional life.

Our new posting rules