SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 5 March 2009, 05:39

FBI

Is hiring for their HRT and SA positions. go to USAjobs.gov and just search for FBI and it should come up.
Old 5 March 2009, 06:50
Been There Done That

HRT, off USAJobs? For interservice hires, right???
Old 5 March 2009, 07:31

negative!

SA-TRP-2009-0005 is the listing
Old 5 March 2009, 07:32

must have a 4 year degree though...
Old 5 March 2009, 07:41
Authorized Personnel

I was under the impression that the "Direct to HRT" thing was like "We'll guarantee you get a try out but if you don't make it standby to be assigned based upon the needs of the FBI".

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este

"Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor." -Mingo Kane
Old 5 March 2009, 08:44
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
HRT, off USAJobs? For interservice hires, right???
Chief,

With the big hiring push they couldn't handle the volume on their website. They switched to the USAJOBS website, approx mid February.
Old 5 March 2009, 08:45
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley_White View Post
I was under the impression that the "Direct to HRT" thing was like "We'll guarantee you get a try out but if you don't make it standby to be assigned based upon the needs of the FBI".

It's a quicker way in the door. If you pass, you do 2 yrs in the field then go to HRT. Reality I'm told, is a little more than a year.

Last edited by Blackjack78; 5 March 2009 at 08:50.
Old 5 March 2009, 11:15
Administrator

GS 10?? Man they don't pay those guys near enough what they should. Also you can't be over age 37. Damn, missed it by a year
Old 5 March 2009, 11:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
...Damn, missed it by a year
...and some change.
Old 5 March 2009, 11:29
Been There Done That

I thought there was an exception for retired military members- one year 'buy back' from your age for every year of AD...
Old 5 March 2009, 13:38
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

The link....and I was under the inpression that 1811's with the FBI topped out at 13's.

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob....mc_n=MKT000125

Last edited by SIERRA_339; 5 March 2009 at 13:40.
Old 5 March 2009, 14:42
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
I thought there was an exception for retired military members- one year 'buy back' from your age for every year of AD...

Not unless it changed lately. If you were already covered under 6C as a Fed LEO from another agency the age limit increases by a year for each year you were covered. So, if I was in the USBP for ten years, then I am eligible for hire until I am 47 rather than 37. 57 is mandatory retirement age and you have to get your 20 in under 6C prior to that age. Make sense? To my knowledge that doesn't apply to military time. 6C Fed LEO only.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 5 March 2009, 15:19
exorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIERRA_339 View Post
The link....and I was under the inpression that 1811's with the FBI topped out at 13's.

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob....mc_n=MKT000125
It tops at GS13, but there is also a 25% LE pay added to that base. Correct me if that has changed recently.

HRT= Hostage Roasting Team....

The only thing worse then losing a child in the service of our country is to lose that child to an ungrateful nation.

Still missing you...SGT Brandon J. Thomas 19thSFG(A)...you are always in my heart, buddy.
Old 5 March 2009, 21:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Not unless it changed lately. If you were already covered under 6C as a Fed LEO from another agency the age limit increases by a year for each year you were covered. So, if I was in the USBP for ten years, then I am eligible for hire until I am 47 rather than 37. 57 is mandatory retirement age and you have to get your 20 in under 6C prior to that age. Make sense? To my knowledge that doesn't apply to military time. 6C Fed LEO only.
You are correct - military time does not count unfortunately.

The tactical recruiting program means you get a shot at trying out, nothing more.
Old 5 March 2009, 23:05
Been There Done That

ONe thing that I do like about NYC Police Dept., compared to Federal LE. NYC Police give up to 6 years credit for Active Military duty to go over their 36 year old age limit (at least that was the way it was a couple of years ago).
Old 6 March 2009, 12:19
Confirmed User

If Im not mistaken, they are NOT hiring for HRT. They are hiring for Special Agents, and using HRT as a possible future assignment.

Its like my Department recruiting poster showing the helicopter pilot standing next to the bird with the caption "Fresno County Sheriff Air Support" "Now Hiring. Call XXXXXXX" A little deceiving.....but oh well.

Last edited by Flying Pig; 6 March 2009 at 12:31.
Old 6 March 2009, 15:50
Confirmed User

You always come into the FBI under a critical skill (CS- law, language, intelligence, etc.) and right now they are looking for the tactical CS as well (it is very well outlined on their website what constitutes “tactical experience”). If you come in under the TRP (tactical recruiting program) you are supposedly guaranteed a shot at HRT selection after 2 years as a Special Agent but you still have to go to a FO first and get some investigative experience under your belt.

I am doing my Phase II interview in just a couple of weeks. They are saying to be prepared to go to Quantico within 2-3 months after successfully completing the interview right now so long as everything in your BI and medical come out OK (and poly).

What this means is that it is a very good time to be applying to the FBI. Other agencies, such as the ATF, take anywhere from 18 months to 3 years to get hired. I am seeing guys go from Phase II testing (the interview) to Quantico in as little as 12 weeks. If you’ve been thinking of doing this, now is the time.

ETA: When I applied online back in January, the website said the TRP openings were now closed, however things like that change periodically I am sure.

Last edited by DC; 6 March 2009 at 15:52.
Old 6 March 2009, 16:34
Confirmed User

Right, you are guaranteed a shot at the selection. But then again, isnt every SA as long as they arent a goofball? It appears this just streamlines the hiring process for people with that skill set?
Old 6 March 2009, 18:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
Right, you are guaranteed a shot at the selection. But then again, isnt every SA as long as they arent a goofball? It appears this just streamlines the hiring process for people with that skill set?
Well I think what it does do is ensure that management cannot simply put their foot down and dissaprove your request to go to HRT selection (or at least it makes it very difficult for them to deny a request). I would imagine that if you did not get into the FBI as a tactical candidate then it is sort of a crap shoot as to when your management will release you to try out for HRT. I think the idea of the TRP is that you get a guaranteed shot at your 2 year mark and your current management will have little to nothing to say about it.
Old 6 March 2009, 19:19
Confirmed User

I guess its a good idea on the part of the management to recruit high caliber people and somewhat safe for people applying. At least at the 2 yr mark you know youll have a chance to strut your stuff vs. waiting 10 years for a spot to come open on your local SWAT team. And in the mean time, your an FBI Agent. Not a bad gig.

Our new posting rules