SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 25 March 2004, 02:00
This space for rent

Egyptian Islamic Jihad

I'm currently doing research on the above group, and am looking for any non-classifed (obviously) material on either the group itself, Ayman al-Zawahiri, or any other peripheral relevant information. Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited by Nomad222; 25 March 2004 at 11:08.
Old 25 March 2004, 03:37
Confirmed User

Look at google.com

and the db at

http://www.ict.org.il

Hoepoe
Old 12 April 2004, 13:47
Abu Jasim

NavGuns-

I'm not sure of the status of your paper or on what precisely you're researching concerning Islamic Jihad. I just finished the paper below on Islamist jurisprudence supporting a radical interpretation of jihad, most of the sources will be helpful to you as a place to begin. Should you wish use any of my own researach or verbiage, do the upright thing and please contact me via PM for permission.

Alexander, Yonah and Swetnam, Michael S. Usama bin Ladenís al-Qaida: Profile of a Terrorist Network. Ardsley: Transnational Publishers, 2001

Benjamin, Daniel and Simon, Steven. The Age of Sacred Terror. New York: Random House, 2002.

Esposito, John L. Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002

Gunaratna, Rohan. Inside Al-Qaeda: Global Network of Terror. New York: Columbia Press, 2002

Williams, Paul L. Al Qaeda: Brotherhood of Terror. New York: Alpha, 2002.

Your local library should have extensive stuff. If your close to a university, it's library and perhaps even a law library will be even more helpful.

Good luck

Hoos

edited to add: Jimbo, could you please remove the link to my work? It's already posted elsewhere here.

****Sorry it took me so long to do that.

Last edited by Jimbo; 11 May 2004 at 17:06.

Our new posting rules