SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 17 June 2018, 16:09
Drawing my cutlass

Icon5 Diclofenac sodium 1%

Anyone here using this for joint pain? What were your results if you have used it?

TIA

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 17 June 2018, 18:53
Confirmed User

Did nothing for my shoulders. Aspercreme with lidocain worked better..
Minor arthritis basically in my shoulder
Old 17 June 2018, 21:31
Anesthetized User

I have used it and it did nothing for me. Give it a try see what works for you.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.
Old 17 June 2018, 21:45
Confirmed User

The only thing that has worked for me, back and knees, is codeine phosphate, all the rest is a money grab.
Old 18 June 2018, 03:37

My Doc gave me a sample of Pensaid 5% and it seemed to help. The cost was going to be over $1,000 a month though. So he prescribed using a Lidocaine 5% cream and then Diclofenac Sodium 1.5% solution. My insurance covers both so it's only about $25 a month and it has really helped my knees. Of my couple of hundred jumps, about 40 or 50 were T-10 and I did standing landings. Hey, it looked cool at the time but my knees are paying for them now. LOL! But do give the stuff a try, it sure helped me.
Old 18 June 2018, 09:47
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Did nothing for my shoulders. Aspercreme with lidocain worked better..
Minor arthritis basically in my shoulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
I have used it and it did nothing for me. Give it a try see what works for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maim View Post
The only thing that has worked for me, back and knees, is codeine phosphate, all the rest is a money grab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTales View Post
My Doc gave me a sample of Pensaid 5% and it seemed to help. The cost was going to be over $1,000 a month though. So he prescribed using a Lidocaine 5% cream and then Diclofenac Sodium 1.5% solution. My insurance covers both so it's only about $25 a month and it has really helped my knees. Of my couple of hundred jumps, about 40 or 50 were T-10 and I did standing landings. Hey, it looked cool at the time but my knees are paying for them now. LOL! But do give the stuff a try, it sure helped me.
Thanks, gentlemen. The cream is working for me so far. I'm also taking Meloxicam as a boost.

Obligatory 'getting old sucks' quote.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 18 June 2018, 09:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
Thanks, gentlemen. The cream is working for me so far. I'm also taking Meloxicam as a boost.

FWIW, HH6 uses it and likes it.
Old 18 June 2018, 15:51
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post

FYI, Voltaren/Diclofenac is hard on the kidney's. I have only given it IM in an urgent setting, not prolonged use though.

Old 18 June 2018, 17:05
Swimming Upstream

I've moved to highly concentrated Tumeric/black pepper which seems to work for me. There are several good ones on Amazon, I've been using Dr. Tobias because the price is decent. I put it in my daily smoothie and my wrist pain has left.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 18 June 2018, 18:16
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
I've moved to highly concentrated Tumeric/black pepper which seems to work for me. There are several good ones on Amazon, I've been using Dr. Tobias because the price is decent. I put it in my daily smoothie and my wrist pain has left.
2nd this regimen.

Old 18 June 2018, 20:20
Swimming Upstream

Tumeric

5. May Outperform Common Arthritis Drug

Because curcumin is known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and pain-reducing characteristics, a study was conducted on 45 rheumatoid arthritis patients to compare the benefits of curcumin in turmeric to the arthritis drug diclofenac sodium (an NSAID), which put people at risk of developing leaky gut and heart disease.

The study split these volunteers into three groups: curcumin treatment alone, diclofenac sodium alone, and a combination of the two. The results of the trial were eye-opening:

The curcumin group showed the highest percentage of improvement in overall [Disease Activity Score] scores and these scores were significantly better than the patients in the diclofenac sodium group. More importantly, curcumin treatment was found to be safe and did not relate with any adverse events. Our study provides the first evidence for the safety and superiority of curcumin treatment in patients with active RA, and highlights the need for future large-scale trials to validate these findings in patients with RA and other arthritic conditions.

Published by Phytotherapy Research in 2012, the results of this study have encouraged more human research to evaluate the amazing effects curcumin-rich plants like turmeric have on people suffering from various different types of arthritis. (33)

A review of available randomized, controlled trials confirmed that, of the eight studies available fitting the criteria, “these RCTs provide scientific evidence that supports the efficacy of turmeric extract (about 1000 mg/day of curcumin) in the treatment of arthritis.” The trials also had a very low risk of bias, which means that it’s unlikely the results were skewed by the researchers. (34)

While arthritis cannot be cured, it seems that a high dose of curcumin can be just as (or more) effective than at least the most common medication prescribed for the condition.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 20 June 2018, 08:27
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
You want the actual Curcumin. Tumeric only contains a small percentage of the active Curcumin. The Black Pepper extract is ok, it's Bioperine and increases bioavailibility - but there are better options like MerivaTM and or LongvidaTM

I cover all bases with both - Doctor's Best Meriva Phytosome and Now Foods Curcubrain Longvida. I'm pretty aware of placebo, but I'm pretty sure at least one of those ^ (or both) does what it's supposed to.

Add 2 cans of Pink Salmon per week for the best way to get the anti-inflammatory Omega-3's. Stay away from as many refined carbs as possible.

Also look into the peptides BPC-157 (which can be taken orally if you want), and Thymosin Beta 4 (TB-500) with SubQ injection - which may actually fix the problem, depending on the underlying cause.
Old 20 June 2018, 17:33

I have used Voltaren gel for chronic knee pain and various musculoskeletal issues that pop up for about two years off and on. I find it to be particularly effective.

Our new posting rules