SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 22 August 2015, 21:48
Administrator

We'd have saved ourselves and the world a lot of trouble if we'd used a small in nuke in Afghan after 911.
Old 22 August 2015, 22:30
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
And what is even more fucked up, is how many of these ass raping "child lovers" are on our Govt.'s pay roll.
I'm still wondering why we have spent so much money training these booger eating bastards things like ethics in the first place. In Iraq and Afghanistan it is/was a total waste of time, effort and money. As soon as they walk out of the room they revert back to their tribal upbringing.
Old 22 August 2015, 22:48
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
We'd have saved ourselves and the world a lot of trouble if we'd used a small in nuke in Afghan after 911.
The question is have we learned our lessons moving forward?
Old 23 August 2015, 06:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
The question is have we learned our lessons moving forward?
No. We'll just double down in that area next time. More human rights classes. Less rifle marksmanship.
19 Oct 2017
Old 23 August 2015, 08:51
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspillk9 View Post
As soon as they walk out of the room they revert back to their tribal upbringing.

Nothing to revert back to as they didn't truly change to start with. It's an act. We pay them money to pretend to be civilized. As long as they are being paid, they continue the charade. You don't change a culture that hasn't changed in a few thousand years in 15 years....LOL
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 23 August 2015, 23:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
No. We'll just double down in that area next time. More human rights classes. Less rifle marksmanship.
Sad, but true.
Old 27 August 2015, 11:50

Martland deserves a medal, that whole place with their dancing/tea boys makes me sick.
Old 14 September 2015, 00:38

Yes I know Charles

Boyo72, I'm sorry for the late response. I just came across this thread. I know Charles Martland. I worked closely with him for some years at SFUWO. He is an outstanding man with absolute integrity and moral strength. I've seen him risk his neck doing the right thing when others cowered. It was an honor to work with him. Some may doubt if he is a Quiet Professional because of the publicity of this. He did not want this attention. His brothers came to his aid in the best way we could to stop the action. We don't let our own get shit on and thrown away. We shouldn't expect our best and brightest to eat a shit sandwich because our country lacks a backbone and moral integrity to do the right thing. I'll do everything within my reach and influence to make sure this man is treated with the dignity and respect he deserves. He was my go to man. Always reliable, never whined and always maintained the standards. If you are a person who may want to scoop up one of our best from the Special Forces, message me and I will put you in contact with Charles. I hope I didn't violate any rules with my post. If I did, PM me and we can settle it up. This man is an asset to any team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo72 View Post
Has anyone else seen this or know Martland? I am hoping this gains some traction with the right folks. QMP is the new four letter word around the Regiment right now, even for minor infractions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt1
Old 20 September 2015, 20:53
Confirmed User

Game over for you SF guys. So much for protecting innocence around the world.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/wo...boys.html?_r=1
Old 20 September 2015, 21:35

It's not just us dealing with it. This is something that has been swept under the rug. I've dealt with my share of grey ethical areas. What am I expected to do? What am I willing to turn a blind eye to and at what point to I skull stomp somebody? I was fortunate to dodge a few of those political bullets. When you live with the locals and deal with them closely, things are going to happen, sometimes worse than others. Some guys are going to react differently. This stuff happens. The problem is when you expect an American raised on our value system to just sit there and let a man rape little boys and girls and do nothing, well there you're asking too much. The same man who will fight and die for you is the same man who will not stand for that less than human behavior. What happen to Charles was political. It should not have happen. I would trust Charles with everything I have. This was a numbers game. They screwed up included a stellar guy like him in the QMP. I would like to meet the person who signed that. I would have some very real truths to share with him. From the invasion of Iraq, I remember babies being split from chest to groin. Families held hostage by Saddam's forces. I've seen the remains of families thrown in wood chippers to make husbands fight. I really have no pity on the depraved of society who do these things. I consider those who expect our best and brightest to turn a blind eye to these atrocities no better than those who commit them. The game is not over. The game is just beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK FAN View Post
Game over for you SF guys. So much for protecting innocence around the world.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/wo...boys.html?_r=1
Old 20 September 2015, 22:00
Been There Done That

So all of the yearly indoctrination, I mean training, against trafficking in people (prostitution), SHARP, Human Rights, etc... is all bull shit when it comes to those dipshits?

You can't have sex between consenting adults of the opposite sex but you have to play gate guard to a card toting child rapist while he does the deed?

What hypocrites the military leaders have become.
Old 20 September 2015, 23:22
Confirmed User

I should clarify my post. In no way do I consider what SF is doing out there a game. It's just very disappointing the way things are turning out across the board.
Old 20 September 2015, 23:49
Confirmed User

Is this only at SF outposts though? The NY Times article starts off with LCpl Buckley's call to his dad before getting shot by one of the kids that night and also describes how a USMC officer is getting hemmed up as well.

Been out of the deployed supply puke game for a while and had no idea. Just saw the article today. This shit is ludicrous.
Old 21 September 2015, 16:33
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMF View Post
Is this only at SF outposts though?
No. It's well-known across the country.
Old 21 September 2015, 16:38
NKDA

Quote:
That, or just stuck with a low-intensity conflict and using SOF personnel to identify/track/detain, etc. HVTs rather than invade the whole country and try to make a U.S. democracy out of it.

As to what Sharky said below, centuries of behavior won't change in 15 years - unless you were to kill everyone over the age of 1 and raise a new generation from scratch.

As far as this thread's subject, props to all the guys that have done what needed to be done when it needed to be done. 'Merica.
Old 21 September 2015, 16:48
BTDT

...if SFC Martland wanted to draw attention to this problem, he should have just given some random politician a home made clock using an old suitcase as a shell, then he would have had a national outlet to voice his concerns
Maybe he'd have even gotten invited to the White House.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 21 September 2015, 17:02
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
- unless you were to kill everyone over the age of 1 and raise a new generation from scratch.
Sounds like a Legit Tactic...
HK

Sometimes you just gotta hoist the Jolly Roger and start slittin' throats!
Old 23 September 2015, 02:11
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
That, or just stuck with a low-intensity conflict and using SOF personnel to identify/track/detain, etc. HVTs rather than invade the whole country and try to make a U.S. democracy out of it.
Hey, I was just reading the SIGAR quarterly report for the period ending 7/30, and two things jumped out at me.

(1) As of that date, USG had pounded $109 billion down that rathole. That's not the money that we spent on our army, it's money we gave Afghans for this or that, since 2002.

(2) While SIGAR celebrates a number of punishments and jail sentences in corruption cases, they're all US personnel -- contractors or enlisteds. (Officers don't commit crimes, don't get investigated, get their cases quietly broomed in trade for a resignation, or are too smart to get caught -- pick one). But there are zero consequences for the Afghans involved in these corrupt activities.

One of the biggest rackets is fuel scams. We're supplying 100% of the diesel to the whole goddamn country, and only about 1/3 of the gas we ship is used by US or allied (including Afghan) forces. We spend $10 a gallon (at least) to get it there, Afghan entrepreneurs spend $2 a gallon to buy it from US fuel points, and then sell it on. Meanwhile we ship more gallons to replace the ones that are fueling the truck bombs the TB are sending us. Sweet fellas, those.

And when they bust a fuel scam, a couple of E-4s and an E-7 go to jail, and the Afghans crack up laughing and put the arm on the next guy.
Old 30 September 2015, 23:40
Very Deplorable

This isn't my lane. I was just educating my girl on this very topic and what happened. She too shared my outrage at the political bullshit circus that has left this honorable man hung out to dry instead of putting a grenade up each and every one of those kid fuckers' asses.

It is nothing short of a travesty, and as a citizen of this nation I am ashamed of the way our leaders are handling this. While I don't harbor the anger and emotions of you all, becuase I could never truly understand your kinship, I do feel saddened and angered as well. This is complete and utter bullshit.

I have no illusions that others a have suffered repercussions for honorable actions in the past, but this is truly a cut and dry situation in which honor, integrity, and doing the right thing when no one is looking should be celebrated instead of persecuted. I feel for our warriors who have to battle the enemy as well as the army of fucking pencil pushers back here at home. ( I do believe that is someone's sig line).

Just frustrates the shit out of me. Back to my lane.
Old 30 September 2015, 23:42
Very Deplorable

Thumbs up

Quote:
110% this... Sums it up precisely.

Our new posting rules