SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 23 January 2018, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
That was spectacularly stupid, even for you.
Why? Because beating people in the streets was seen as not the correct metaphor and instead maybe an intra-party purge was probably the more accurate way to go? And I jokingly put a stupid internet maymay suggesting perhaps both?
Old 23 January 2018, 15:05
I still think I'm fooling everyone

Quote:
I assume you are referring to the night of the long knives?
Night of long knives was aimed at removal of possible contenders to power (especially from Sturmabteilung -SA and their leader, Rohm). A power consolidation event.

Kristallnacht, on the other hand, was a pogrom against German Jews in 1938 by joint SA-citizen groups. A retaliation event after Polish Jew, Herszel Grynszpan, murdered a Nazi diplomat, vom Rath in Paris. Kristallnacht totalled about 1000 burned synagogues, 7000 Jewish business premises destroyed and about 30000 Jews deported to concentration camps.
Old 23 January 2018, 15:15
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Why? Because beating people in the streets was seen as not the correct metaphor and instead maybe an intra-party purge was probably the more accurate way to go? And I jokingly put a stupid internet maymay suggesting perhaps both?
Normally, I'm one of the ones who is pretty tolerant of your antics and hope that you don't get banned because you make some valid points, but that meme and the suggestion of burning synagogues is just stupid.

Monumentally.

So stop that shit.
Old 23 January 2018, 15:16
BTDT

Quote:
No. Because of the context. Were you speaking literally about repeating Kristallnacht against Jews? I didn't think you were. Where you using it as metaphor for destruction of liberal homes and businesses and intimidating people with liberal ideology or shipping them off to camps? I would disagree with that tack. Or where you waxing metaphoric about throwing leftist politicians out in the streets and tuning them up? I personally don't have a problem with that but I'd rather see them hoist on their own petard.

Nobody has an obligation to try and climb inside your head and understand you. If you want to be understood then do the work without being a smart ass

Also as it pertains to having a BTDT member of the board telling you something.... Because fuck you. That's why.

Pleasing everybody? Impossible. Pissing everybody off? Piece of cake.
Old 23 January 2018, 15:18
BT,WBTWC

19 working days ...

"working days" ?

that could push it off to 2019.
Old 23 January 2018, 15:23
I still think I'm fooling everyone

It's worth noting that Night of Long Knives was the moment where entire judical system was thrown to the wind in Nazi Germany, giving way to extrajudical killings and making Adolf Hitler the supreme justiciar of the German people. I wouldn't use it as a metaphor for anything sans return to barbaric times where one madman and his cronies finally were able to dish death or torture left and right as they pleased.
Old 23 January 2018, 15:26
Confirmed User

I'm also pretty cynical like almost everyone on this board, but if Trump really is interested in draining the swamp, what's the rush of getting it out into the public right now. It might be news for about a week and then it might go away. Why not wait until closer to the midterm elections so it can possible have an effect? As far as I can remember, a newly elected President almost always loses seats the following election, so maybe this could change things.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 23 January 2018, 15:29
Life is simple, not easy.

Today, Sen. Feinstein and Rep. Schiff pulled the pathetic and desparate stunt of officially writing to both Twitter (Jack) and Facebook (Zuckerberg) to warn them that the reason #ReleaseTheMemo trended so well is because of ......... Russia.

They really seem rattled and preoccupied with this document, which they characterize as "a misleading talking points "memo" authored by Republican staff that selectively references and distorts highly classified information."

So there you go, on the offensive to minimize the damage, which obviously helps the MSM pick up on the Dem talking points to help spin the narrative.

"Help us. #ReleaseTheMemo trended so well we need you to stop it from happening again!!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg final_feinstein_schiff_1.23.18_Page_1.jpg (31.4 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg final_feinstein_schiff_1.23.18_Page_2.jpg (37.5 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg final_feinstein_schiff_1.23.18_Page_3.jpg (15.5 KB, 249 views)
Old 23 January 2018, 15:33
Confirmed User

Even if the memo is released in full, it won't matter. If the American public can be confused and apathetic about the wording in the 2nd Amendment the same will be true of this memo. Spin masters will confuse the meaning so well the public will just be split like normal as to its intent.

Besides, the MSM is already discrediting it before it has even come out.
Old 23 January 2018, 15:48
Confirmed User

Senator Feinstein and Representative Schiff know what is IN the memo. They are already doing damage control and by the time the actual memo will be released, no matter what it entails, it will be irrelevant.

It's a partisan memo drawn by evil Republicans to mislead, selective references and distorted highly classified information. In other words #crap.

Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by Scholty; 23 January 2018 at 16:03.
Old 23 January 2018, 15:59
Been There Done That

Quote:
You need to learn when to shut the fuck up. The fact that you don't get why is the root cause of your problem.

That's also been a problem with you for the years you've been polluting our Lounge with your hyperbole-laden bullshit.

Take a fucking break on your own before I call in a black chinook.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 23 January 2018, 16:35
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB View Post
19 working days ...

"working days" ?

that could push it off to 2019.
haha, no shit. That was my exact thought, too
Old 23 January 2018, 16:37
Find a way out

Do we really have to come to the conclusion that this will stay under wraps? Maybe 10 years ago, I would have agreed.

I think they will eventually be leaked or "hacked into and disclosed" via Wikileaks.

Narratives be damned.

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Old 23 January 2018, 16:38
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
your post!!"
And the irony is, that they craft this wonderful letter on 'official' US Senate letterhead, when they could have simply picked up a phone and called their libtard big money donors and said whatever they wanted to say.
This is more kabuki theater from the left
Old 23 January 2018, 16:39
Shakin' the bush Boss

What concerns me is that even if it gets out, plus/minus half of the country doesn't give a fuck. Or enough of a fuck to care if anything gets done about it or not.
Old 23 January 2018, 16:44
Confirmed User

If you do a google search for #releasethememo most of the top hits revolve around "Russia" bots pushing for the release

Seems the dems have gotten ahead of it by planting the "Russia" connection seeds, same as they did with the Clinton emails
Old 23 January 2018, 16:49
"We're all bad in someone's story...."

Exclamation Chill out...

Quote:
"With experience comes a calming affect..." Giving the current state of politicians in the swamp; I'm just chillin until the memo is released and going on about business as usual so, as my British mates would say:

"Try and untie the knots in your panties at times when posting."

Take care and stay safe!
Old 23 January 2018, 16:50
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
If you do a google search for #releasethememo most of the top hits revolve around "Russia" bots pushing for the release
And yet, when you go directly to twitter and check the hashtag, you see nothing but countless posts of people saying #notarussianbot and #releasethememo.

The dems may have tried to get ahead of it, but it's backfiring as citizens and individuals are now trending the new hashtag to counter it.
Old 23 January 2018, 16:51
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post

Seems the dems have gotten ahead of it by planting the "Russia" connection seeds, same as they did with the Clinton emails
Ha! You're not kidding. I just did a search on DuckDuckGo and Bing, thinking maybe you used Google. Nope, you're correct. The first few stories reference "Russian networks, Russian Twitter accounts, Russian involvement." We have collusion and meddling in our free press right here at home. Who needs Russia?
Old 23 January 2018, 17:17
Confirmed User

Reddit is going nuts over people calling BS over the Russian bots. When will old age finally claim justice on some of these ass clowns.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules