SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 7 May 2009, 13:13
Conquer Life.

$1 Airfare on JetBlue IVO D.C.

Got this from work. Maybe somebody on here can use it...

Quote:
Jet Blue is offering active duty military personnel $1 airfare!
WASHINGTON , May 5, 2009 – In honor of National Military Appreciation Month, JetBlue is offering active duty military personnel $1 fares for domestic, nonstop flights, for a limited time, departing from the two JetBlue cities nearest to the nation’s capital: Washington Dulles International Airport in Dulles , Va. , and Richmond International Airport in Richmond , Va.
The airline also will donate $15,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit organization that honors and empowers wounded warriors.

To take advantage of the offer, servicemembers must book between today and May 7, or while seats last, for travel between May 8 and May 31 from Dulles or Richmond to any JetBlue destination in the continental United States served nonstop from those airports. Proof of eligibility is required. The fare is available to active-duty servicemembers only; retirees, reservists and military families are not eligible for this offer.
Nonstop destinations served by JetBlue from Dulles include Boston ; Los Angeles/Long Beach and Oakland , Calif. ; Fort Lauderdale and Orlando , Fla. ; and New York/JFK. Nonstop destinations from Richmond include: Boston , Fort Lauderdale , Orlando and New York/JFK.

Upon check-in, military travelers must present a valid Department of Defense common access card and official documentation at the JetBlue service counter verifying authorized leave from duty to show proof of active status. Travel booked with this offer is not eligible for online flight check-in or at an airport kiosk. Failure to present these documents will void the reservation, officials said.

Officials emphasized that tickets for the special fare cannot be purchased online or at the airport service counter. Servicemembers are responsible for applicable taxes and fees.

To book the $1 fare, call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and select Option 4.

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 7 May 2009, 13:24
Authorized Personnel

I am 100% for this, even if I can't take advantage of it (I do benefit from the WWP though). This is very cool of JetBlue to do.
Old 8 May 2009, 09:37
Confirmed User

OUT FREEKIN' STANDING!
Old 8 May 2009, 10:37
Conquer Life.

... Just in time for Mother's Day if you qualify, can get leave, and are in the AO.

(i.e. not for the Jarheads. Lol)

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 8 May 2009, 10:41
On the Extract Bird

AWESOME! (especially in our economy) - KUDOS to Jet Blue
Old 8 May 2009, 12:57
Confirmed User

That is such a tremendous thing to do...

Our new posting rules