SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Closed Thread

Old 28 October 2019, 10:53

Question concerning working as a Protective Security Medical Professional

Dear socnet Community,

i am highly interested at the Subject of Close Protection and Protective Security Medicine.

Protective Detail Management is my main key favorite Subject in the field of Personal Protection and are highly interested at the Position of the Detail Leader.

Currently i am highly committed to become a Emergency Surgeon and dreamed since i was a Child of becoming a Physician and to study Medicine at an University.

I would like to ask if it is realistically possible to occupy the Position of a Protective Services Detail Leader and to function as a Close Protection Medic at the same time and if the constant pressure of providing excellent results for the safety of the Protectee and his immediate surrounding (e.g. his family and the Protective Detail including it`s Management) is not too much for a Person.

My beloved father Andreas was a great role model for me he studied as a german foreign student in Chicago and received his Bachelor Degree there.

He was also a Chemical Laboratory Assistant and worked for a Japanese Firm in Germany.

He worked for the U.S. Army in Germany as a Civilian Employee but this was a long time ago and so came my Personal interest at the U.S. Special Operations Command and the field of Protective Services.

He sadly passed away after a very serious parkinson's disease at the age of 45 while i was 10 years old.

I personally admire American Kinetix through their very strict recruiting requirement`s and their commitment to Protective Operations in keeping someone else safe from harm.

I hope to have an honest answer to my question since i don't want to fall for false beliefs and hopes.

Sincerely,

Patrick
Old 28 October 2019, 10:57
Administrator

The answer is no, you can't be the TL and the team medic at the same time.

Good luck.

Closed
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules