Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Closed Thread

Old 5 January 2016, 01:17
BT,WBTWC

OK, cut to the bottom line.

What is your agenda?
Old 5 January 2016, 03:56

As I stated at the start of this thread....I was trying to find the two NCO's that worked in the COMSEC vault....The one when I got there and the one when I ETS....SFC OBrien did not work in the COMSEC vault.....But I would like to get in contact with him also.....That is all I am trying to acccoplish here....Do not know O'Briens full name to look him up....or were here lives now.....
Old 5 January 2016, 07:25
#AllLionsMatter

Mario,

Dead and/or dying was a figure of speech don't get your thong in a twist.

Only three folks would sign for COMSEC then, issue it out and guess who was one of them?

I don't have anything against support guys (I was a 29E for years) however, LTC Toney and/or Parker usually didn't keep NAPs around very long. I know Toney didn't, he'd say it in front of the BN formation...

Good luck on your search. However, I highly doubt anyone is going too provide info on an "SF" guy because you asked.

Stay safe out yonder mate!

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 5 January 2016, 09:05

I was three for 3 years....from around Feb 89 until I ETS Feb 92....
Old 5 January 2016, 09:23

I was a 72E until it was changed to 72F which deals with COMSEC....If you know how to get in contact with OBrien just give him my name and phone number....that's all I ask.....If he does not get in contact with me then its OK...Can you not do that.....
Old 5 January 2016, 11:10
Been There Done That

Geezz

Geezz

You were a SGT(P) for two years?

Did you look through your "I love me" briefcase for old paperwork, orders, atta' boys, etc, etc for names?

I've got all my NCOERs in one stack just so I can check through them for names and dates.

Blank Frank, oh my!
Old 5 January 2016, 11:58
BT,WBTWC

Quote:
As I stated at the start of this thread....I was trying to find the two NCO's that worked in the COMSEC vault....The one when I got there and the one when I ETS....SFC OBrien did not work in the COMSEC vault.....But I would like to get in contact with him also.....That is all I am trying to acccoplish here....Do not know O'Briens full name to look him up....or were here lives now.....
OK, I'll be more specific, since you have obviously sensed that we value the privacy of all members of SOCNET and have no intention of giving up PII to a person on this public site, especially with your unconventional writing style.

Assume one were to furnish you with the name, address, telephone number, current employment, email address, etc. of the individuals you have asked about ... what do you intend to do with that information?

- Invite them to your place for a beer?

- Serve them with legal papers?

- Ask their assistance with reversing an adverse efficiency report / discharge / security determination?

- Give them their long lost coins and rings you rescued from the trash can when they PCS'd?

- Ask them for statements of Line of Duty for your VA service connection claim?

- ?
Old 5 January 2016, 12:05

I ask for someone to give him my name and phone number....
Old 5 January 2016, 12:17
Been There Done That

Categorize this one under either "someone owes me money" or "post DADT unrequited love". I'm thinking the latter.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 5 January 2016, 12:49
Been There Done That

Weird thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 5 January 2016, 13:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario7979 View Post
I ask for someone to give him my name and phone number....
We're well aware of what you asked for, the question is why? If you can't answer that simple question, maybe you should seek assistance from a crowd that's not so protective of their own.
It's simple, no one wants to be part of "setting up" another member of the community. While that may not be your intention, it's assumed until you prove otherwise.

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 5 January 2016, 13:31
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Weird thread.
I agree

Mario

I was on Bragg at this time, but in the 7th Group circle, so I wouldn't be able to assist you. I don't think it is a matter of anyone doubting your service. I don't think anyone is really saying you weren't hospitalized, so as stated earlier you really need to slow your roll.

What IS being said is that we respect everyone's privacy on this site. If anybody here was able to give you the information you were looking for it would only be after they felt comfortable with your intent as to what you would do with that information. This includes passing along your information to them.

So far your delivery, reactions, and evasiveness in your intent is what is causing the reaction from the BTDT's that might be able to help you. Obviously privacy isn't as important to you, since you have thrown your PI all over the place. But to the majority of us it is important.

Guy was kind enough to attempt to help you. Hell, he even gave you his name - which on here is a big deal. So I would suggest just taking a step back, a deep breath, and respect our mantra of privacy and careful consideration before we start throwing around specific info. Then maybe you an re-word your request, and actually be more upfront about why you seem so desperate in finding who you are looking for.

Just some helpful advice. other than that I am not able to help you. Good luck
Old 5 January 2016, 13:59
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
We're well aware of what you asked for, the question is why? If you can't answer that simple question, maybe you should seek assistance from a crowd that's not so protective of their own.
It's simple, no one wants to be part of "setting up" another member of the community. While that may not be your intention, it's assumed until you prove otherwise.
Sorry ACE, I was writing while you were posting this.
Old 5 January 2016, 14:15
Confirmed User

ACE; Tripod; I agree with both of you, where I work part time, I piss off individuals all the time when I quote the privacy act to them over the phone . Put the Request in written an send it thru the HRO

I respect this site for the same reason.
Old 5 January 2016, 14:19

I am only looking for them as co workers....OBrien was my supervisor....Only trying to find them as co workers and friends because I worked with them....To see how their life has gone and let them know about myself....OBrien helped me alot when I was at Bragg....That is why I suggest the give OBrien my name and number and he can make his own mind to get in contact with me....That
Old 5 January 2016, 15:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
I am only looking for them as co workers....OBrien was my supervisor....Only trying to find them as co workers and friends because I worked with them....To see how their life has gone and let them know about myself....OBrien helped me alot when I was at Bragg....
Yup, unrequited love....Cue the song, "You Were Always On My Mind"

but wait...

Quote:
I did not know him very well and can not remember his nsme but he lived in Fayetteville eith family.....
... another E-7 came to the vault to take over before my out processing and can not remember his name either....
Apparently they were such friends and positive influences on you that you couldn't even remember their names despite claiming to work directly for one of them. The other you met as you were outprocessing more than 20 years ago. Yet, you feel the need to update them on your life and publish all sorts of your own PII on the net to do so? You don't even to seem to remember or even acknowledge someone that worked in the same shop during the same time.

Do you even realize how bizarre your posts and justifications are? They simply don't match up with anything rational. They stink of stalking at best and some sort of legal action at worst.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.

Last edited by HighDragLowSpeed; 5 January 2016 at 15:55.
Old 5 January 2016, 17:00
#AllLionsMatter

Icon5

Quote:
I was three for 3 years....from around Feb 89 until I ETS Feb 92....
Did you go with us to Desert Storm?

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 5 January 2016, 17:06
Been There Done That

It is funny as I can remember every team member I ever served with. Others get a little fuzzy but I am getting old......

Like pete said I have every eval, award, cert, etc and I refer to them to jog my memory.......
Old 5 January 2016, 18:31
Confirmed User

Mario7979 Take a hint NO ONE on the site is going to give you information.

The ones I remember there Names are on the Wall. There are a few I get a Christmas Card from but the list is getting smaller each year, as age catches up with us. I have about 8 box of all my Military orders, unit rosters etc.

I wish Admin would close this thread
Old 5 January 2016, 19:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Weird thread.
It's like watching the world's slowest car crash...

Our new posting rules