Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 25 August 2005, 17:27
Probationary User

I attended Warrior School's Initiation Camp in May in New Mexico and it was a life-changing experience. Mr. Prather is the real deal. He bears the scars of his six years of service and I honor him for it.

And btw the ceremony is not Lakota. It is Apache. The social rites are not made up, in fact they are very well documented. Go to the library and read Changing Woman of the Apache or the Gift of Changing Woman. There are many books out there on it. The ceremony continues on the Mescalero and Fort Apache reservations.

See http://www.webwinds.com/yupanqui/apachelinks.htm for more information.
Old 26 July 2006, 09:55

Prather

Hello all
This is my first posting to SOCNET. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Appreciate you putting up with me.

I know Jeff Prather and I knew him in the 80's. He was the 2/7SFG(A) S-2. I was assigned to B/2/7 and had very few dealings with him. When we as a battalion deployed, he went with us. When we had battalion trianing, he took part. He was a member of that battalion/family. As I recall, he was not tabbed at that time. Maybe that has changed ... I don't know. Suffice to say, he is currently a Federal Agent and Qualified Tactical and Firearms Instructor with said agency. I have worked on the range and shoothouses with him as a fellow instructor. He know the material and overall is an excellent instructor.

Duff

PS
Any of you 1980's B/2/7 guys laying around? PM me.
Old 26 July 2006, 23:34
Been There Done That

1970's : ODA 752. Right up until I graduated from the Q-Course and was sent to 5th Group. :P
Old 27 July 2006, 10:20

Missed serving on 752. Did serve on 751, 753 and 756 from 83 to 88. Good times! Great folks!

Duff
Old 28 July 2006, 21:30
Probationary User

Does the term Bull Shit mean anything

Masaaki Hatsumi used to write martial arts books years ago about togakure style martial arts...and there sure as hell isn't any 13th degree blackbelt
Old 30 July 2006, 22:35
Scotty's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terradactyl
Missed serving on 752. Did serve on 751, 753 and 756 from 83 to 88. Good times! Great folks!

Duff
765 83 to 90 shoot me a pm

How you doing Tracy?
Old 10 August 2006, 07:27
joker141
Visitor

AOC, worried contact
Old 19 August 2006, 02:29
fireskier1
Visitor

I think I ran into you, Matchanu! were you at Benning in Aug., 1980?! Spent the night in the hospital, asshole!!!
Old 15 January 2007, 05:33
Probationary User

I don't have the military background that you all do, I do have unique insight into Prather and the crap he tries to represent.

About three years ago my wife's sister talked my wife into joining WarriorCult. My wife has tried all this time to get me to join and something about it this group made me hesistant.

She (my wife) went to initiation ($650 plus travel) and then went to connection camp ($400 plus travel) signed up for the cult newspaper (The Bracelet - like Amway, apprentices get a shiny silver braclet after completing their apprentership). Still not enough money and time wasted, she then bought the back issue collection of the bracelet ($105). She buys bundles of sage and expensive cigars to give to prather and his minions.

Well, I had gone along with most of this crap, I even attended a couple of ceremonies. You will notice on their website that they never refer to the N'dee (Apache) names of the ceremonies. I think this is because they are basterdised versions of the ceremonies. Plus, no native american spirtual leader would ever dare charge for a ceremony.

The wife asked to apprentice and I asked her how much? She said it was a $1000-1800 "donation" and that she would have to meet with her mentor 4 times a year for the next two years (at my expense of course). I told her I couldn't go along with it anymore. Shortly afterwards she asked for a divorce and has since moved to where WarriorCult is headquartered (Tuscon, AZ).

I wrote Prather once. I told him that it hurts losing my wife to his Jim Jones School. I also told him that he better not take advantage of her in any way. The reason I say this is because of what he did to one of his students.

I won't say names of course, but any of Prather's minions will know exactly who and what I am referring to. Prather had a branch of his ninja school where I live. The instructor there was also a member of warriorcult. He has been teaching martial arts and warriorcrap for many years on Prather's behalf. This guy's wife signs on with warriorcult and eventually apprentices under Prather. Prather abused every ethical and moral boundary and slept with her. This guy and his wife are now divorced and share custody of their kids. She called everybody she could in WarriorCult and told them that Prather spiritually raped her. None of those idiots went to her aid. Even my wife who was closely linked to this lady (she was my wife's Nialacin...spiritual guide). All of them just dropped her. Way to go Prather. Reminds me of all those Catholic priests that molest the altar boys.

The real shame is that I warned my wife about this. When I met Prather I just felt the guy was off. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I had an instant dislike for him. I told my wife that he would take advantage of her sister. I got the girl wrong, but I didn't get the guy wrong.

My opinion, my very lengthly opinion (sorry) is that Prather is a scam artist. He is a bully, an egomaniac, and someone who takes advantage of women. I am curious why he is divorced...I sure know why I am.
Old 15 January 2007, 06:35
In God We Trust...all others are suspect

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamereon
I don't have the military background that you all do, I do have unique insight into Prather and the crap he tries to represent.

About three years ago my wife's sister talked my wife into joining WarriorCult. My wife has tried all this time to get me to join and something about it this group made me hesistant.

She (my wife) went to initiation ($650 plus travel) and then went to connection camp ($400 plus travel) signed up for the cult newspaper (The Bracelet - like Amway, apprentices get a shiny silver braclet after completing their apprentership). Still not enough money and time wasted, she then bought the back issue collection of the bracelet ($105). She buys bundles of sage and expensive cigars to give to prather and his minions.

Well, I had gone along with most of this crap, I even attended a couple of ceremonies. You will notice on their website that they never refer to the N'dee (Apache) names of the ceremonies. I think this is because they are basterdised versions of the ceremonies. Plus, no native american spirtual leader would ever dare charge for a ceremony.

The wife asked to apprentice and I asked her how much? She said it was a $1000-1800 "donation" and that she would have to meet with her mentor 4 times a year for the next two years (at my expense of course). I told her I couldn't go along with it anymore. Shortly afterwards she asked for a divorce and has since moved to where WarriorCult is headquartered (Tuscon, AZ).

I wrote Prather once. I told him that it hurts losing my wife to his Jim Jones School. I also told him that he better not take advantage of her in any way. The reason I say this is because of what he did to one of his students.

I won't say names of course, but any of Prather's minions will know exactly who and what I am referring to. Prather had a branch of his ninja school where I live. The instructor there was also a member of warriorcult. He has been teaching martial arts and warriorcrap for many years on Prather's behalf. This guy's wife signs on with warriorcult and eventually apprentices under Prather. Prather abused every ethical and moral boundary and slept with her. This guy and his wife are now divorced and share custody of their kids. She called everybody she could in WarriorCult and told them that Prather spiritually raped her. None of those idiots went to her aid. Even my wife who was closely linked to this lady (she was my wife's Nialacin...spiritual guide). All of them just dropped her. Way to go Prather. Reminds me of all those Catholic priests that molest the altar boys.

The real shame is that I warned my wife about this. When I met Prather I just felt the guy was off. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I had an instant dislike for him. I told my wife that he would take advantage of her sister. I got the girl wrong, but I didn't get the guy wrong.

My opinion, my very lengthly opinion (sorry) is that Prather is a scam artist. He is a bully, an egomaniac, and someone who takes advantage of women. I am curious why he is divorced...I sure know why I am.

WTF
Old 15 January 2007, 07:35
Been There Done That

LOL. There are many elemental truths in this life, and it's pretty safe to say one of them is "If you let you wife join a cult, the cult leader will fuck your wife and take your money."

So, you shouldn't be suprised at the outcome of your wife joining it, or the other guy's wife. For fucksakes, the thing even has "cult" in its name. How many guys like Jim Jones or David Koresh have to come along before it gets quite obvious what they're up to?
22 Aug 17
Old 15 January 2007, 09:16
#AllLionsMatter

LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix
How many guys like Jim Jones or David Koresh have to come along before it gets quite obvious what they're up to?
You forgot to add Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.:D

"If I'm broke and don't have a pot-to-piss-in or a window to throw it out of...I ain't got, 10% to give to anyone."

Stay safe.

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 15 January 2007, 11:19
Probationary User

Actually that is my affectionate term for them. They are called WarriorSchool or were...not sure what Prather is up to. He now has four websites. www.warriorschool.com seems to be all of his CQC and weapons classes (although I can't stand the guy...to his credit he does teach a number of the National Guard Units that go over seas). www.thecrisis.org is his non-profit charity for kids in need (in reality it just pays for kids to go to initiation camp). www.thebraceletonline.com is his monthly rant rag. And finally, www.initiationcamp.com is where Prather has moved all of his Koresh/Jones junk.

I will have to look again, but I thought they mentioned WarriorSchool at the beginning of this thread. Cult's don't usually call themselves "cults" kind of retards the growth of membership. If you want a laugh, check out what Prather says about Warriorschool being a cult: http://www.initiationcamp.com/course...nformation.htm

...Specifically read the end of bullet 2 and the beginning of bullet 3:

Apprenticeship, as everything in Warriorship, is done in the spirit of free will. Anything else would be considered a cult, or cult-like. Anything cult-like goes against the very nature of what Warriorship stands for. Warriorship is an anti-cult.

3. Moving to where your benefactor lives. In some cases where a person wants to apprentice under a specific benefactor, it may be required of that person to move near where that benefactor currently lives

In the end MakoZeroSix you are right, I was calling BS right from the start, but apparently I wasn't yelling loud enough. Also didn't help that my wife was being encouraged by several of her friends, her sister, her mother, and her sensei. It was a losing battle, but silly me I thought wedding vows counted for something.
Old 17 January 2007, 20:24
Probationary User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchanu
Why is it that every 7th degree, ninja, blackbelt, kung fu, mother fucker I've ever gotten in a fight with ended up a bleeding mess quivering on the ground?

Oh yeh, that's right, I don't fight fair.

I practice the ancient art of the sucker punch.

Skill is great, but skill without intent is worthless.

hahaha good comment :) made my day
Old 18 January 2007, 19:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
In the end MakoZeroSix you are right, I was calling BS right from the start, but apparently I wasn't yelling loud enough. Also didn't help that my wife was being encouraged by several of her friends, her sister, her mother, and her sensei. It was a losing battle, but silly me I thought wedding vows counted for something.
That sucks, but I guess you have a better 'read' on the real person you were married to. Maybe you can send other prospective girlfriends thereand screen them in advance.
Old 19 January 2007, 18:02
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchanu
Why is it that every 7th degree, ninja, blackbelt, kung fu, mother fucker I've ever gotten in a fight with ended up a bleeding mess quivering on the ground?

Oh yeh, that's right, I don't fight fair.

I practice the ancient art of the sucker punch.

Skill is great, but skill without intent is worthless.
As far as I knew, fighting is never fair anyway. It seems that the individuals who say they have this ranking, or that ranking, never really got into a fight. The last idiot I had the pleasure to punch in the face claimed he was a "Golden Gloves Champion". Yeah, whatever.
Old 19 January 2007, 23:59
Greenhat
Visitor

The "fair" fight is the one I walk away from. The other fuck is in the hospital or morgue or laying on the street or running the fuck away... seems fair to me.
Old 24 January 2007, 12:41
Scotty's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
Maybe you can send other prospective girlfriends thereand screen them in advance.
That's some good advice right there. If they come back asking for money to go again...d/x 'em.
Old 16 February 2007, 02:56
Probationary User

Quote:
Prather had a branch of his ninja school where I live. The instructor there was also a member of warriorcult. He has been teaching martial arts and warriorcrap for many years on Prather's behalf. This guy's wife signs on with warriorcult and eventually apprentices under Prather. Prather abused every ethical and moral boundary and slept with her. This guy and his wife are now divorced and share custody of their kids.
You wouldn't be talking about the Zortmans, would you?

Prather did something similar to his rising protege of the cult. The protege and his wife, previously very happy, divorced out of the blue. Lo and behold, she's engaged to Prather within six months.
Old 21 February 2007, 04:35
Probationary User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33floater
You wouldn't be talking about the Zortmans, would you?

Prather did something similar to his rising protege of the cult. The protege and his wife, previously very happy, divorced out of the blue. Lo and behold, she's engaged to Prather within six months.
No, not the Zortmans.

Our new posting rules