Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 2 March 2010, 10:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
holy necro-post. 2004??...
Yeah, and Matchanu's original quotation from that time still makes me laugh evilly RB...
Old 2 March 2010, 14:12
Been There Done That

LOL...he be Special Faux-ces so he MUST be good....laughing with ya brother...

~D-6606~
Old 2 March 2010, 21:41
Swimming Upstream

Edited, should have read the rest of the posts.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke

Last edited by Purple36; 2 March 2010 at 21:53.
Old 31 May 2014, 13:18
On the Extract Bird

Fast forward a few years. Yes, the school still exists.
I've been an (older female) student of his dry fire group for a few months now, because it's a more relaxed and more social way to practice than being on the range; and his is the only place in town that does dry fire, as far as I know.
I did not know of this issue before. I will try to make an unbiased review now:
So far, I haven't seen anything excessively cultish, except possibly in the issue that weak-minded people could become fascinated by the fact that he is a strong personality, and he doesn't go out of his way to prevent it.

Strong souls will find him a challenge, because he has interesting skills and you'll enjoy learning from him, but he is forceful enough to put your back up if you aren't solid in your own personality.

He does come off as being "wired a bit tight". My take is that he feels gun ownership is meaningful only to militants, and people should not enjoy shooting as a sport.
He has not refused to teach me, although I am not a militant, but he does act like somewhat of a bully on the issue. When peer pressure games are played, I step back and disassociate. He has not gotten "cultish" (excessively demanding) about it, so far. If he was that way in the past, I assume he has that particular personality issue under control now.

Sheep will be fascinated, simply because they are sheep. I can't really call that his fault. If you don't have enough personal composure to withstand a fairly pushy sort of person - find a different teacher.
I have not seen any inappropriate advances toward the one young lady in our group (nor any disrespect towards me).
I haven't seen more than the usual macho noise toward the guys.

Prather is a strong personality, no doubt, and seems to enjoy having folks think he's fearsome, but men who teach harsh skills are sometimes forceful types.

If you seek the company of wolves, looking to learn harsh skills, you should be prepared to run with wolves, not sit around bleating either that they failed to treat you like a delicate little lamb, or that they made a meal of you.
I don't find him fearsome, myself. But I'm a strong personality too.
If he attempted to goad me into something dangerous, or bully me excessively, I'd tell him to piss suck a dog.

He yelled at me for dropping a pistol and flagging him with it when I picked it up --well, yeah, wouldn't you be a bit peeved?
I didn't take it personally. I just took it as his "personality".

Anyone who can't just say "piss off, you dick" if they're being goaded, is being a pussy. If some guy played a macho game and got hurt because Prather was being a dick, well... I've seen that habit in men often enough to know that now and then the macho train runs 'em over. I would say it was the fault of both men.
Hopefully Prather got a handle on his own testosterone, and doesn't play macho games these days. But did you expect him to not move on?

If he turns out to still be that sort of pushy dick, I'll leave. I have no tolerance for those who think "militia" means you run around waving a gun and playing macho dick games. But by the same token, I have no issue with being armed for self defense, rather than for sport, even if I don't carry concealed myself.

As far as the wives he "stole"...well... if a guy is a jerk and his lady leaves him, it is not uncommon for a manly sort she comes across to catch her eye. It sucks, but it's their business. They're all adults. You can sympathize with the guy who lost out, but I would not be surprised to learn that some of you are the wolfish predator sort too.
So it goes.

He also teaches a martial art, at another location, so I understand how people can get the impression of a cultish aura from students who do both and are too enthusiastic about his skills. It is uncommon, I suppose, for that sort of crossover to exist.
And again, there is that strength of personality, to give the little lady-sheep shivers, which would encourage fascination.
IF your lady isn't rock solid in her own personality, yeah, I'd keep her away. He's interesting. He's a manly sort, and straightforward about it without being an asshole, which women generally find appealing.

Personally, I'm old enough to not give a rat. I can see he has some skill, and that's why I'm still there. I am secure enough in my personality to find his personality amusing rather than intimidating; and I have never had any patience with people who stick around someone they find intimidating, and then whine about feeling intimidated.
Old 31 May 2014, 13:25
The Sagacious One

monocer,

Worship a poser if you so desire,but do not post again until you post your introduction as requested in your welcome email.

Welcome to SOCNET.
Old 31 May 2014, 14:58
On the Extract Bird

thank you

i apologize for forgetting to post an intro first.
some considerable time has gone by since i got the permission e-mail, and i had not gotten back to it.
When i went back to read some of the posts i saw the rule again, and immediately posted to that thread.

I do not worship the guy. Like i said when i asked permission to post, in his role as a teacher -- i am not dissatisfied but not particularly impressed with him. He has some interesting skills, and i'm enjoying the class.
He seems on the militant side, but i've know a lot of folks who are, and it does not intimidate me. A lot of ex-military folk have personality issues. But they still need to work. He is teaching the skills he has, and i don't begrudge it. He appears to be happliy married now, and if his previous marrage was a bad one, that may have contributed to his issues then.
I'm just saying - i will be watchful - but i will give him a chance to make a living, because he is providing a service i want: a weekly dry-fire class.
If you know of another such class in tucson, i would consider attending it.
Old 31 May 2014, 16:23
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocer View Post
i apologize for forgetting to post an intro first.
some considerable time has gone by since i got the permission e-mail, and i had not gotten back to it.
When i went back to read some of the posts i saw the rule again, and immediately posted to that thread.

I do not worship the guy. Like i said when i asked permission to post, in his role as a teacher -- i am not dissatisfied but not particularly impressed with him. He has some interesting skills, and i'm enjoying the class.
He seems on the militant side, but i've know a lot of folks who are, and it does not intimidate me. A lot of ex-military folk have personality issues. But they still need to work. He is teaching the skills he has, and i don't begrudge it. He appears to be happliy married now, and if his previous marrage was a bad one, that may have contributed to his issues then.
I'm just saying - i will be watchful - but i will give him a chance to make a living, because he is providing a service i want: a weekly dry-fire class.
If you know of another such class in tucson, i would consider attending it.

Is that some scientific study you have conducted?
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 31 May 2014, 16:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
Is that some scientific study you have conducted?
Well she did resurrect a 4-year-old resurrected post on a forum full of folks with "personality issues."

She can piss-off. Dang it, there kicks in my personality issues.
Old 31 May 2014, 17:14
Fitness Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocer View Post
A lot of ex-military folk have personality issues. But they still need to work.
You're not by chance a Hollywood actress are you?

What a ridiculous comment. A lot of humans regardless of background have 'personality issues'.

You appear to be one of them.
Old 31 May 2014, 18:30
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
but i will give him a chance to make a living, because he is providing a service i want: a weekly dry-fire class
Fkn SIGH...

Follow this link, that way you don't have to support an oxygen thief who has questionable ethics.

https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/Cms...tice_FINAL.pdf

BTW, glad to see you have a spine (self proclaimed often & loudly).

See if you can muster up some character, such as NOT supporting a guy like this.

Thank you, now back to my lane...
Old 31 May 2014, 19:52
Administrator

I have a personality disorder. I can't tolerate pontificating, never did anything nobodies who think they can come into our house and lecture us.

Banned
Old 2 June 2014, 19:21
Been There Done That

A "Dry firing group"? I've never heard of a more faggot ass thing in my life. How about you try real firing.

I laugh at all you pathetic fucks who get sucked into the silly games played by these homosexual charlatans. Humiliating sycophants is one of our specialties- enjoy.
22 Aug 17
Old 2 June 2014, 21:50
Swimming Upstream

He still has a poorly written bio but at least he's toned it down.
Old 3 June 2014, 18:30
Confirmed User

Holy shades of the past Batman! I posted that back in 2004!?
Old 13 January 2015, 02:36

For some odd reason, this apparently resurrected thread caught my attention ... Doing a little google-fu, I found this gem embedded in a DOJ legal ruling against Mr. Prather (PDF Document), affirming his dismissal from DEA for, among other things, "Conduct Unbecoming a DEA Special Agent." Such conduct is described in Paragraph 26, and the charge was upheld:
...the agency alleged that, under the pretense of helping individuals through a practice the appellant developed and called “sexual healing,” he took advantage of vulnerable and struggling women. I-1 AF, Tab 10, Subtab 4i at 11. Specifically, the agency alleged that he persuaded women to engage in sexual acts with him by telling them that they would be “healed” if they had sexual relations with him. ... The agency further alleged that, in their sworn statements, two women described their “sexual healings” as “violent and/or a rape, and [he has] been accused of sexual assault by at least one of the women.” ... In addition, the agency alleged that, in his leadership role at the Connection Institute, he advised a member that her husband had become a homosexual and that the way to bring him back to their marriage was for her to engage in “‘sexual healing’ with [him].
Old 13 January 2015, 03:09
Confirmed User

Out of my line Gents, but that's effing sad! This POS most likely took advantage of some CI or Student.

Back in my lane!
Old 13 January 2016, 13:51
NKDA

WarriorSchool came across my radar this week on someone's resume regarding medical training. From this thread, I see concerns about the founder and their hand-to-hand stuff. Anybody have gouge on the quality of their medical training - and/or have ever been there? The site shows some pics that look to be PJs but can't tell if they are robbed stock photos or actual training pics.

http://warriorschool.com/

I didn't start a new thread in Company Vetting because of this one - but let me know if you'd rather I do that.
Old 13 January 2016, 17:46
Old and Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
WarriorSchool came across my radar this week on someone's resume regarding medical training. From this thread, I see concerns about the founder and their hand-to-hand stuff. Anybody have gouge on the quality of their medical training - and/or have ever been there? The site shows some pics that look to be PJs but can't tell if they are robbed stock photos or actual training pics.

http://warriorschool.com/

I didn't start a new thread in Company Vetting because of this one - but let me know if you'd rather I do that.
Is Sexual Healing part of medical training? If so, the guy's an expert.
Old 13 January 2016, 19:05
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Pos View Post
...your post...
I'm curious about their medical training as well.

It seems a plethora of "tactical emergency medicine" schools and trainers have exploded onto the scene recently.

I have a very jaundiced view of both their "tactical" and "emergency medicine" provenance.

Besides some folks on this site and a few others I've met on the trail, I am pretty skeptical about such claims. I don't count myself as an expert.

Last edited by 8654maine; 13 January 2016 at 19:34.
Old 13 January 2016, 19:52
NKDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpogue View Post
Is Sexual Healing part of medical training? If so, the guy's an expert.
DMI founder had his own "personal issues" as well (see our thread in SOF Med), BUT, the overall company and frontline cadre provided some of the best medical training in the country for quite some time.

Our new posting rules