SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > History

Old 19 March 2012, 15:59
On the Extract Bird

Color pictures of the Third Reich.

I am a huge WW2 history buff and thought I would share these. They had a attractive culture. I'll give them that much.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/Hitler/images/Jaeger_pics.html
Old 19 March 2012, 16:22
Been around, did stuff

Very impressive... thanks for sharing the link !!
Old 19 March 2012, 18:18
On the Extract Bird

I can certainly understand a military history buff's appreciation for these photos, but I'm a bit at a loss to as to how somebody might find the Nazi culture "attractive".
Perhaps we just have different definitions of "culture" (or "attractive").
Old 19 March 2012, 18:22
Shakin' the bush Boss

They sure did have some cool looking uniforms, I'll give em that.
Old 19 March 2012, 18:37
Confirmed User

Color make those events seem much more recent than B&W.
If I could only step back in time to those pictures of Chamberlain..
and BITCH - SLAP Him!
The ones featuring children are most disturbing to me.
Gotta admit that red, black and white logo 'dolf created is the world's most recognized, feared, and overused.
Old 19 March 2012, 20:57
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabasarge View Post
I can certainly understand a military history buff's appreciation for these photos, but I'm a bit at a loss to as to how somebody might find the Nazi culture "attractive".
Perhaps we just have different definitions of "culture" (or "attractive").
Just look at how clean and organized those functions are. That is one small example. I can also understand how you, in particular, might be offended by my remarks. By the way, I never said I supported their racial views.

Last edited by Delete; 19 March 2012 at 21:10.
Old 19 March 2012, 21:24
Preparing to defend

I can empathize (sp) with the Wehrmacht (ordinary soldiers). I always respected the ordinaries. The German (formerly,mostly, Prussian) way of soldiering, is admirable. Methinks, as a history fanatic, it was all politicians. Have now admiration for the 3rd Reich at all. The Wehrmacht, Kriegsmarine, and Luftwaffe, my hat is off.
Old 19 March 2012, 21:33
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
I can empathize (sp) with the Wehrmacht (ordinary soldiers). I always respected the ordinaries. The German (formerly,mostly, Prussian) way of soldiering, is admirable. Methinks, as a history fanatic, it was all politicians. Have now admiration for the 3rd Reich at all. The Wehrmacht, Kriegsmarine, and Luftwaffe, my hat is off.
I respect the skill of their soldiers. They were initially way ahead of the curve.
Old 19 March 2012, 21:59
ChairborneStranger
Visitor

No offense, guys, but the primary feeling that I find myself feeling when I see pics like that is disgust. As jeager said, the color makes them seem even more recent and to me, even more real. Call me simplistic, but what Nazi Germany was about was ultimately evil and that, in my mind at least, erases any good that you can say about them. Regardless of the skill and ability of the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe and whether or not they were ignorant of what was going on or simply nationalistic, I have a hard time finding anything positive in those associated with Hitler or that symbol.

just my $.02.
Old 19 March 2012, 22:02
On the Extract Bird

This thread is what it is. Do not make it more than that. This is a example why I rarely come here anymore.
Old 19 March 2012, 22:27
Authorized Personnel

Nice collection of pictures.

Do you know if all were taken on color film? I had an old maid Aunt that colorized black and white photos and it looks like some of the pictures had color added.
Old 19 March 2012, 22:29
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Nice collection of pictures.

Do you know if all were taken on color film? I had an old maid Aunt that colorized black and white photos and it looks like some of the pictures had color added.
I have no clue. You are probably right considering their age.
Old 19 March 2012, 22:30
Calculating Infinity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
This is a example why I rarely come here anymore.
What, that some people find images of the Nazi culture to be distasteful? Dude, not everyone is going to give you an attaboy when you post stuff like this and some may not find Nazi culture to be as "attractive" as you do. Don't get all butthurt about it.
Old 19 March 2012, 22:32
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby2/6 View Post
What, that some people find images of the Nazi culture to be distasteful? Dude, not everyone is going to give you an attaboy when you post stuff like this and some may not find Nazi culture to be as "attractive" as you do. Don't get all butthurt about it.
No. People take things too personally. You are all strangers to me. This is a history forum. I posted historical pictures. Nothing more nothing less. I don't need a pat on a back from any of you.
Old 19 March 2012, 23:01
ChairborneStranger
Visitor

Nothing more, nothing less? No, along with the pics you said that Nazi Germany, a nation that tried to conquer their part of the world while attempting to exterminate several people groups in the process, had an "attractive culture". Pat on the back? How about a kick in the... nevermind.
Old 19 March 2012, 23:12
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairborneStranger View Post
Nothing more, nothing less? No, along with the pics you said that Nazi Germany, a nation that tried to conquer their part of the world while attempting to exterminate several people groups in the process, had an "attractive culture". Pat on the back? How about a kick in the... nevermind.
I was talking about their art. The structure of their cities and so forth. Do I need to explain in further detail for you? You care that much about what a stranger on the internet thinks? People look for reasons to bitch and be negative. It gets old.
Old 20 March 2012, 00:19
Confirmed User

Interesting pictures. I actually visited many of the locations while a very young soldier in Germany. Also talked to many Wehrmacht veterans.

As a historical study the Third Reich is both fascinating and repulsive at the same time.

They were awesome but they also lost...
Old 20 March 2012, 00:57
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by X18BSOCAL View Post
......They were awesome but they also lost...
Weird.
Old 20 March 2012, 04:23
Confirmed User

Those pictures are amazing. Thanks for posting. As far as opinions of their culture, beliefs etc., goes, everyone is entitled to an opinion.
That's the beauty of the Nazi's losing.

Aries, you posted what you thought and are of course permitted to, but don;t take that privilege away from others offering their opinions...

Again, thanks for posting. The color seems to bring the features and "feel" more to life.

H
Old 20 March 2012, 08:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
My problem with any element of the German War Machine of World War II is that they all declared alligience to Adolph Hitler -- the nutcase and not to Germany.

And then there's that Master Race thing -- something Adolph sure didn't resemble At All.

Great photos -- everytime I see the Nazi swastika -- I see those Gomers wearing a mystical symbol from India -- hoping it gives mystical powers.

"Believe it or not, this website cannot cure idiocy, no matter how hard we try." RGR. Montcalm

Last edited by campjwIII; 20 March 2012 at 08:50.

Our new posting rules