Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge > Humor

Old 20 September 2017, 19:29
Confirmed User

CBS Local News

CBS Local — If you had plans for the weekend, a Christian numerologist says you won’t get to them because the world is about to end.

David Meade, a self-proclaimed “researcher,” is predicting that a series of apocalyptic events will begin on Sept. 23 and, “a major part of the world will not be the same.”
Old 20 September 2017, 21:16
Life is simple, not easy.

"Christian" numerologist, huh? Jesus Christ specifically says nobody knows the time of the end, which will come like a thief in the night. Specifically I recall a verse where He says "only the Father knows."

But, yeah, whatever. You do you Mr. Numerologist.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 20 September 2017, 21:26
Authorized Personnel

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit amphetemines.
Old 20 September 2017, 22:50
Been There Done That

Yea. I saw a special about this on TV about a week ago. All the stars aline perfectly. Niburu will pass by earth undetected showering us with its asteroid trail. Causing massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Possibly spinning Earth out of its orbit.

If you hear trumpets the 23rd you may be fucked.

Break out your old Y2K & Mayan Apocalypse rations folks.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 20 September 2017, 22:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Looks like I picked a bad week to quit amphetemines.
Haha freakin ha ! Just had to man......
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v46plhmxXU4
Old 20 September 2017, 23:00
Anesthetized User

Y2KY, so you can put 4 digits where you had 2.

Old joke from Y2K.

Support SOCNET.
Old 20 September 2017, 23:06
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
Y2KY, so you can put 4 digits where you had 2.

Old joke from Y2K.
I did not hear that back then but am LMFAO now.
Old 21 September 2017, 07:49
Confirmed User

This is great news, now I won't have to worry about watching the Jaguars suck in London.
Old 21 September 2017, 12:05
Confirmed User

I watched that tv show last weekend, I do not belive it will happen but interesting. I also watch ancient aliens but have not seen any.
Old 21 September 2017, 12:21
Confirmed User

from his website

Quote:
Planet X has high mass and a high level of magnetism. It disrupts the surface of any planet it passes. 7 years prior to its passage, its electromagnetic influence changes the core of the earth, and triggers major weather changes, seismic activity and volcanic eruptions. Unexplained sinkholes and bizarre weather accompany its return. So called “global warming” is a cover story. The earth is heating up from the core outward because of the approach of Planet X
There was another guy a couple of years ago who also proclaimed the end-times. I think it was in 2015.
Old 21 September 2017, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
CBS Local — If you had plans for the weekend, a Christian numerologist says you won’t get to them because the world is about to end.

David Meade, a self-proclaimed “researcher,” is predicting that a series of apocalyptic events will begin on Sept. 23 and, “a major part of the world will not be the same.”
Aw, damn. I just sent out all the bills yesterday, too. Coulda saved all that scratch for a big ol' beer bash & catfish fry while watching the fireworks start.

I grew up in rural NC. Every couple years or so some unhinged, pulpit-thumping cuckoo* would come up with an idiotic formula to predict the start of Armageddon. It often coincided with a sermon or two about giving up money for the church.

~orca

*Most of the local ministry were good folk. But we sure had some real crackpot in there too.
Old 21 September 2017, 17:14
Red Headed Stepchild

wrong thread -
Old 21 September 2017, 17:57
Been There Done That

This guy is local.
His cult/church owns a ton of real estate in Lake City. They used to be called the End Timers, then Meade Ministries, now MountainTop Ministries.
Followers drive cadillacs, don't believe in education...it's a pretty cool psuedo christian cult other than the whole letting children die because jesus should cure them belief.

I'm not sure why they aren't all selling assets and properties. I'm always looking for fire sales...guess it isn't that much of a sure thing.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/199...s-smith-drives
Old 21 September 2017, 18:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavid View Post
This guy is local.
His cult/church owns a ton of real estate in Lake City. They used to be called the End Timers, then Meade Ministries, now MountainTop Ministries.
Followers drive cadillacs, don't believe in education...it's a pretty cool psuedo christian cult other than the whole letting children die because jesus should cure them belief.

I'm not sure why they aren't all selling assets and properties. I'm always looking for fire sales...guess it isn't that much of a sure thing.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/199...s-smith-drives
Is Charles Meade from this link the same guy as David Meade who is quoted in the OP?
Old 23 September 2017, 09:42
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
CBS Local — If you had plans for the weekend, a Christian numerologist says you won’t get to them because the world is about to end...
Looks like he "forgot to carry" somewhere in one of his cackylations. Doomsday has been postponed.

Vandy must suffer today after all. Roll Tide...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bið æghwæm þæt hē his frēond wrece, þonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgþēowes
Old 23 September 2017, 15:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet65 View Post
I watched that tv show last weekend, I do not belive it will happen but interesting. I also watch ancient aliens but have not seen any.
Go to Roswell N.M. there are a lot of them there
Old 24 September 2017, 16:36
Been There Done That

Apparently it's been postponed to October 21st now.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 24 September 2017, 22:30
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Based on CNN coverage I thought the world already ended somewhere between last November 8 and January 22.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician

Our new posting rules