SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 24 July 2018, 18:27
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
If you want to see a fucked up cervical spine picture look at mine. replacement disks at C3/4 Fusion at C5/6 and another replacement disk at C6/7.

I still have issues all the time. The Spine docs says the only other thing to do is to put a cage around the entire area or go in from the back side and put metal rods and screws.....
The spine doesn't look too bad, but those teeth. Ermahgerd!!! Have you been chewing on hand grenade pins?
Old 24 July 2018, 18:50
SOCNET Moderator

I am a big ice eater. My crowns are gold on the outside. I kept breaking my porcelain ones. Hey at least I got teeth.
Old 24 July 2018, 19:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
I am a big ice eater. My crowns are gold on the outside. I kept breaking my porcelain ones. Hey at least I got store bought teeth.
Fixed it for ya...
Old 9 August 2018, 15:20
Confirmed User

Making great progress with chiro treatments for bulging disc after about 1 month out. Got the OK to start some light lifting for biceps, triceps and chest. Just have to take it slow and do more work on the core.
Old 29 August 2018, 11:53
Been There Done That

Anybody using CBD oil? I rehurt my back this weekend cutting down a tree and was in a lot of pain and could barely stand up without having to use my arms to help myself. Was just taking motrin but barely noticed a difference and only sleeping about 5hrs a night waking up from the pain of rolling over. Last night before bed I tried the CBD oil and I got 8hrs of sleep and was able to get out of bed unassisted so I took it again this morning. Dont know if its actually working or just psychosomatic results but I feel twice as good today as I did yesterday; I can still feel the pain but I can at lease function somewhat normal today.

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 29 August 2018, 12:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Anybody using CBD oil? I rehurt my back this weekend cutting down a tree and was in a lot of pain and could barely stand up without having to use my arms to help myself. Was just taking motrin but barely noticed a difference and only sleeping about 5hrs a night waking up from the pain of rolling over. Last night before bed I tried the CBD oil and I got 8hrs of sleep and was able to get out of bed unassisted so I took it again this morning. Dont know if its actually working or just psychosomatic results but I feel twice as good today as I did yesterday; I can still feel the pain but I can at lease function somewhat normal today.
I have heard nothing but good reports on CBD oil. I believe my chiropractor has it available in his practice.
Old 29 August 2018, 12:27
Confirmed User

CBD doesn't have any literature regarding efficacy. Everyone in medicine lives and dies by what current literature says. There's not much research out there, and people report hit-and-miss for whatever ailment they are taking it for. The only area that has known results (which are quite good) is for epilepsy.
Old 30 August 2018, 09:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
CBD doesn't have any literature regarding efficacy. Everyone in medicine lives and dies by what current literature says.
I hear you but holy crap its like night and day. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying its healing my back, not even close, I can still feel everything thats wrong with it I can just function somewhat normal like get out of bed without having to use the night stand. I have no idea if that stuff has done anything but like I said in a few hours my pain went from an 8 to a 3 and I haven't taken Motrin since.

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 30 August 2018, 11:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I hear you but holy crap its like night and day. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying its healing my back, not even close, I can still feel everything thats wrong with it I can just function somewhat normal like get out of bed without having to use the night stand. I have no idea if that stuff has done anything but like I said in a few hours my pain went from an 8 to a 3 and I haven't taken Motrin since.
Kind of an offshoot of that old adage, if it's stupid and works it's not stupid. So I am absolutely not saying that it won't work for you, and I am very happy that it does. What I AM saying is that it could work totally different (or not at all) on other people because there is no research or studies, that's all.
Old 31 August 2018, 08:05
Confirmed User

Found these old X-rays and thought I'd post.

These were taken 3 years ago and when I saw them I nearly 'shat myself'. I can trace the neck injury back to playing football as an eighth grader and spearing an opponent with the crown of my head.....thought I'd broken my neck right then and there and I always had problems after that.

The low back thing happened after a physical week of work and at a Friday night judo practice about 12 years ago. I lived with it for a couple of years until I got the surgery.

I never realized how out of whack I was..... needless to say....I suddenly became 'woke'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back side neck.jpg (14.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Back misaligned.jpg (17.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Back, low.jpg (17.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Back low side.jpg (14.8 KB, 26 views)

Our new posting rules