SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 29 November 2012, 22:17
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo313 View Post
Worst thing you can do is not treat yourself and then on a weekend eat a whole bag of chips.
I have a tendency to do this with Scotch.
Old 29 November 2012, 22:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
Lol...I'm all about the paleo idea...I just hate calling it paleo.
Or... you could tell them you eat like a caveman,after they harnessed firemaking, adds some badassery to it
Old 30 November 2012, 12:14
Confirmed User

daily. Save lotta bucks even though those diet sodas were on sale all the time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehead View Post
How much of it were you drinking? Seems significant and not the casual one to two per week.
Old 30 November 2012, 12:17
Confirmed User

Thanks. I also went to one plate. More veggies too.
I worked out at LA Fitness and now can left more weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
My buddy did the same thing, via diet soda and then went from two plates for dinner to one. I will ask him about the feeling hungry thing the next time a see him.

By my estimation he lost at least 30#.

Good work, keep it up!!!
Old 1 December 2012, 03:07
Confirmed User

The one cheat day a week works well for me. Otherwise, I find myself just sliding more and more into the deep end of a shitty diet -- with a one day cheat, my boundries are clearly defined, and I also have something to look forward to. I don't really have a sweet tooth whatsoever -- my problem is fried food and chips. I'd probably eat a deep fried cock if you had had a spicy dipping sauce for it. I'll eat a massive bag of chips and french onion dip in one setting without blinking. If I hold myself to one cheat day a week, then I can rock the diet for 6 days, then gorge like I'm headed to the electric chair tomorrow on day 7, and still keep from being a fatass.

If I could only do that with bourbon...
Old 1 December 2012, 10:28
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator3 View Post
If I could only do that with bourbon...
Unfortunately, as I learn more about the way the body works, I'm drinking less and less. The hormone that tells your body to make new tissue, human growth hormone, is mostly released while you sleep...this is why sleep is essential for healing. Alcohol inhibits the release of HGH. No es bueno. Basically, if you are going to drink, do it earlier in the day, so it's out of your system before you go to sleep...

While true:
Continue
Old 1 December 2012, 11:42
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
Unfortunately, as I learn more about the way the body works, I'm drinking less and less. The hormone that tells your body to make new tissue, human growth hormone, is mostly released while you sleep...this is why sleep is essential for healing. Alcohol inhibits the release of HGH. No es bueno. Basically, if you are going to drink, do it earlier in the day, so it's out of your system before you go to sleep...
Very true.. The body does not grow in the gym but what you do when your out.. Thats why the saying goes "Sleep eat and train".. Sleep before anything.. Taking a natural amino acid GABA before bed can assist in allowing the body into deep sleeps where you might not feel as tired when waking.
Old 9 July 2013, 17:16
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

I generally don't drink Cokes, but fuck yes, I would drink a Coke whose bottle is made of ice. That is simply cool, no pun intended....
Old 9 July 2013, 20:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I generally don't drink Cokes, but fuck yes, I would drink a Coke whose bottle is made of ice. That is simply cool, no pun intended....
Well, I am glad they did not come up with that 30 years ago. Otherwise we would not have one of the best movies ever made - "The Gods Must Be Crazy".
Old 9 July 2013, 23:05
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Well, I am glad they did not come up with that 30 years ago. Otherwise we would not have one of the best movies ever made - "The Gods Must Be Crazy".
Agreed. GREAT movie....
Old 9 July 2013, 23:57
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
"It is the diet soda that makes people more hungry." True? Thanks
My gf is absolutely convinced (and tells me all the time) that Equal, Sweet & Low, etc. all make you desire more sugar even though they contain none. She also believes that other chems in them make you want sugar even more than you otherwise would.

I know this...anyone who regularly cuts sugar from their diet and shops for sugar-free food would be very likely to shop at a grocery store that sells ONLY sugar free items...a Sugar Free Kroger, so to speak. And I know that it is possible for almost anything and everything to be made sugar free, although it requires the introduction of other not-so-healthy items. Parents could buy all the sugar free ice cream, popsicles, and other snacks for the kids. Adults (and especially diabetics) could resolve major food issues.

The reason, as I see it...money!

I rarely buy soda any more, but when I do it is sugar free or "zero". I've become hooked on the sugar free drink mixes like Crystal Lite.
Old 10 July 2013, 08:28
Been There Done That

I drink diet sodas all the time (actually, pretty much just Coke Zero, with the Splenda or whatever). I have zero cravings for sweet stuff. I am simply not going to drink anything that has 160 calories unless its a beer. I mean why would you want the extra calories for something that tastes exactly the same?

Correlation is not causation. Just because fatties who guzzle diet sodas also eat lots of sweets doesn't= diet soda makes you want candy and junk. It's just they want the soda too, but are unsuccessfully trying to limit the damage.

I've also gotten weird looks when ordering a large bacon cheezeburger with fries and then get a diet drink. "Why are you getting diet soda if you're getting all that??"

Simply because an 1800 calorie meal beats a 2000 calorie meal.
Old 10 July 2013, 09:09
Puttin' on the foil

Coke in a bottle of ice

Sounds awesome, I'd buy one or twelve. I caught this from the article, give me a break

Quote:
The bottle melts when people are finished with their drinking for easy and eco-friendly disposal, however, critics say that the excess refrigeration to keep the container from melting nulls out the environmental benefits.
I don't really give a shit about the environmental benefits of my Coke.
Old 10 July 2013, 09:38
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Your link screwed my speakers up.

A very neat gimmick for the beach bars but, if being close to frozen and it gets the slushie stuff going on, I'd pass.

Soda and beer, soaking in a tub of ice is the perfect temperature for me.

Our new posting rules