SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 17 June 2008, 17:10

Workout Partner needed

I live close to Ft. Campbell and wish I had a workout partner to help spot and for competition in the gym. I'm interested in learning crossfit as well so just pm me if your interested.
Old 17 June 2008, 18:19
These ain't my pants.

Here ya go man: http://www.crossfitclarksville.com/

This might help.

“It is who we are; It is what we do; And we're okay with that.”- LE Funeral Closing Remark

Last edited by Chubs; 17 June 2008 at 19:04.
Old 17 June 2008, 21:00
BT,WBTWC

You can find me at the Clarksville Athletic Club most evenings after work. No crossfit, but a good setup. Check it out, it's a membership thing, but six month trials are available. Just have them page for "CB" and if I'm there I'll scramble up front.

I used to hit Estep Gym at Ft. Campbell, but "She Who Must Be Obeyed" wanted a place with more Pilates / step/ aerobics and fancy lockers so we ended up at C.A.C.
Old 18 June 2008, 10:45

I was at CAC for a bit when I lived further out but after moving closer to post it just wasn't economical. Plus with me on the job search and gas the way it is. Did I read correct that the crossfitclarksville is 120 a month? Can't do that right now either so its just gonna be me crushing myself in the Rak gym for a bit until I can get a job. Thanks for your help and if you know of a website with workout plans and such, that would also be a great help.
Old 18 June 2008, 10:46

Now I just saw a military rate so thats good. 60 a month is alot better than 120. Still have to check it out before I throw my hard earned down.
Old 18 June 2008, 23:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakGunner View Post
I was at CAC for a bit when I lived further out but after moving closer to post it just wasn't economical. Plus with me on the job search and gas the way it is. Did I read correct that the crossfitclarksville is 120 a month? Can't do that right now either so its just gonna be me crushing myself in the Rak gym for a bit until I can get a job. Thanks for your help and if you know of a website with workout plans and such, that would also be a great help.
Check out the following:
www.crossfit.com
www.crossfiteast.com
www.crossfitsj.com
www.gymjones.com

Google youtube for video examples as well as the crossfit site.

Check out www.artofstrength.com for novel work out gear ie ropes, KB's, pullup bars etc...

Look at the SOCNET WOD as well.

Stay safe
Old 18 June 2008, 23:55
Conquer Life.

Just a FYI fellas, an active duty ID will get you into the YMCA for free.

Saves $$$$

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 19 June 2008, 16:02
Life Aquatic

In addition to the crossfit site check out Mountain Athlete. http://www.mtnathlete.com/

It is another gym that uses the circuit type training and it is geared more towards endurance than some of the 3 minute wonders that crossfit uses. They post a WOD also and they are usually pretty good, more Gym Jones than crossfit but that could be a post in itself.
Old 19 June 2008, 16:42

Can someone explain the acronym WOD for me, thanks. Still looking for a workout partner in case anyone's interested.
Old 19 June 2008, 16:53
Life Aquatic

WOD-
Workout of the Day
Many sites are on either a 6 on 1 off or 3 on 1 off rotation where they will post these.
Old 20 June 2008, 08:13

Thanks

Our new posting rules