SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Closed Thread

Old 9 August 2009, 05:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Chaser View Post
But......he's seen the elephant!
As long as the Elephant is on his DD-214 then he's legit!!
Unless it was double probationary secret, then it won't be listed!
Old 11 August 2009, 00:29
jump fiend

Come on Tango, let us know what's up already!
Old 11 August 2009, 01:20
Confirmed User

I'm on night shift thru wednsday might and the boss is on day shift. I'll get an update before the weekend. We'll find out if the boss used my name as I do shift team change over with the poser on thursday morning. Gonna be interesting to see if he raises up on me or tucks tail.
Old 16 August 2009, 21:17
jump fiend

The weekend has come and gone. :)
Old 17 August 2009, 09:48
Confirmed User

Just spoke to the Site Lead. He has been instructed to counsel this individual in writing reference a host of negative behavior from spreading discord among the team to the Spec Ops claims. Company requested to view counseling statement prior to scheduled counseling so they can get a heads up and a better understanding of the situation.

Company still has counseling statement and Site Lead is waiting for authorization to conduct the counseling session. Site Lead will put this individual on a 90 probation period with performance reviews every 30 days.

Not sure I understand all this CYA on an "at will" contract. Maybe it's not as "at will" as the company has led us to believe.
Old 23 August 2009, 08:03
Confirmed User

Well, he's at it again. New base XO came into Ops Center and this guy introduces himself as AF SPec Ops and tells the new XO, he was a PJ.

New XO tells the site lead this info during a dinner meeting. Site lead decided the new XO needed to know who he was dealing with and spilled the beans on this guy's PJ claim. I told the site lead to just ask the guy for his DD214 and be done with it.

Still waiting on the company leadership to tell the site lead what to do with this guy.
Old 23 August 2009, 08:25
That Others May Live

Johca and I both maintain the official PJ Roster. He ain't on it and he was in how long? If Johca and I haven't heard of him, and he was a PJ E-7, than he is lying. Easy enough. Now about his background:

Quote:
OK, here's his back ground.

Superintendant at the following locations;

405th Air Expeditionary Wing Operations JTF-HOA

Pacific Rescue Coordination Center Hawaii
There were never any PJ's assigned here up to when I left Hawaii, PACAF/DOTV shop in 2000. We were working on getting a CRO (officer PJ) in that position but I don't know if that ever came through.

380th Air Expeditionary Wing operations Central Air Forces AO JTF-HOA

82nd Training Wing Command Sheppard AFB.
No PJ has been assigned to this base since the late 50's I believe. We did have PJ's go through medical courses there, but that would have been pre-1976 at the latest. This was all Air Rescue at the time, not AFSOC. Hell, AFSOC didn't exist as a major command back then.
Old 23 August 2009, 12:58
Been There Done That

The medical course PJs attended at Sheppard AFB was merged with the medical course at the PJ school in 1974. There were two PJs assigned to the Sheppard Operating Location. Larry Austin was assigned there during 1974 and 1975. No PJ has been assigned there since the PJ school operating location there was closed down in 1975.
Old 3 September 2009, 22:19
Confirmed User

Update.

Company HR told the Site Lead to hold off on the counseling session with this poser. Don't know what's going at company but they have their lawyers involved and they are looking into issues of violating company ethics policy. Dotting "I"s and crossing "T"s for whatever they have planned. Division head is involved now as well.

The plot thickens.
Old 8 September 2009, 22:45
Confirmed User

Got a call last night from the head of the division asking about the vetting process for this guy's claim of PJ status. Had to explain what a PJ was and explain how SF schools keep rosters of all graduates and reiterated that this guy was not on the roster of PJ's.

He also asked me if I thought the issue between the Site Lead and this guy was "two way". Told him no. It's one way and this guy makes unsolicited, disparaging comments about the Site Lead every time I see him. He did it again last night when he stopped by the OPs Center to check his email. Seems the head shed is trying to make it seem like the Site Lead has a vendetta against this guy which is bullshit.

Don't know where this is going but the only guy above the division head is the president of the company.
Old 15 September 2009, 06:25
jump fiend

Interesting. What gives?
Old 16 September 2009, 04:11
Confirmed User

Division head will be here late Thursday. I expecxt a sit down meet on Friday while I'm on shift. Division head told my site lead to have me stop vetting MW as it may lead to a law suit as the company had "negative knowledge" that I was vetting him. WTF?

I sense some CYA from company head shed. According to the division head, MW put 1C3X1 on his initial resume' with the company, not the 1T2X1/1T0X Pararescue/SERE he told me. Issue is he has been passing himself off as a PJ locally even if he never mentioned it to the company when he was hired.

This all came to a head when the site lead was going to counsel MW in writing for failure to follow company uniform and appearance policy and passing himself off as a PJ. Per company policy, site lead has to send the counseling to the contract manager and HR for review prior to the counseling. I guess so they don't get blind sided if the employee complains.

Any way, the contract manager refused to forward the counseling to HR for review and told my site lead he thought this was just a personal beef between my site lead and MW. Again WTF?

This effectively prevented the site lead from doing the counseling so the site lead forwarded all the email traffic between the contract manager and himself to the division head. Next thing you know, the division head is enroute here.

Either way, Friday will be very interesting.
Old 16 September 2009, 11:55
Been There Done That

1C3X1 COMMAND POST:

1. Specialty Summary. Manages and performs activities within fixed ground, mobile and airborne command and control (C2) facilities such as installation and expeditionary command posts (CP), operations centers, rescue coordination centers, and Combatant Command and Major Command (COCOM/MAJCOM) command centers. Provides command, control, communications, and information support throughout the full spectrum of operations to include peacetime, emergency and disaster situations, crisis, contingency and war. Receives and relays C2 instructions and records; collects, processes, and submits manual and automated data products. Disseminates time-sensitive critical information to senior leaders and support agencies. Establishes procedures for operational reports, readiness reports, and the Status of Resources and Training System (SORTS) report. Reports international treaty compliance information. Uses communications systems and consoles to affect positive control of assigned forces and weapons systems. Supports chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE), and conventional warning and reporting activities. Ensures compliance with operations center and CP policies and procedures. Related DoD Occupational Subgroup: 125000.

Quote:
He introduces himself as AF Spec Ops, has AF Spec Ops on his personal business card and he used AF Spec Ops on his resume' to get this gig.
This claim of this can now be determined to be an exaggeration.

Quote:
Claims he all but wrote the CSAR manual.
This claim can now be exposed as a complete fabrication.

You can’t get more Chair Force of duties at a desk than this.

Last edited by johca; 16 September 2009 at 12:03.
Old 16 September 2009, 14:17
That Others May Live

A clerk.
Old 18 September 2009, 22:23
Confirmed User

Had the meeting with the big boss yesterday.

First off the chickenshit MW is not available to talk to the division head. Guy actually left the country, knowing they contract manager and the division head were coming specifically to talk to him. That's right. Left the country.

Second, the division head tells me that according to the HR and their lawyers, I committed a felony for coming here to ask about MW and his PJ status. He tells me to cease and desist with the vetting. Basically tries to tell me that if I, personnaly, can't access a public data base, meaning "google"it, it's a felony. WTF?

I informed him that HR and the lawyers were wrong and gave him a list of personal information that is legal to research without a persons consent. List includes pretty much everything except getting an actual copy of the DD214, to include military rating and military education. Ignores the list I gave him and tells me to stop anyway.

I told him the vetting was already done and there is nothing to stop and it would never gotten this far if they would have allowed my site lead to counsel MW formally. Because the contract manager refused to forward the counseling to HR for review, my site lead forwarded all the counseling data and the vetting data to the division head. Now it's all blown out of proportion.

I did inform the division head that MW was not complying with the work attire policy and the local Navy clothing policy, even though the division head counseled MW on non-compliance last December on the very same subject. And never misses an opportunity to bad mouth the site lead.

I figured this whole thing would be over yesterday but with the party in question running and hiding out of country, any talks between the big boss and MW won't take place for who knows how long.

I need a f*cking beer. Oh, wait, it's Ramadan. No alcohol for another 4 days. FML.
Old 20 September 2009, 23:36
jump fiend

Haha wow. Left the country? That's intense. Guilty much?

Ok, I tell you what. I'll have a few Shiner for you tonight when I get home. Hell. I might even start now at work :)
Old 26 September 2009, 15:57
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Had the meeting with the big boss yesterday.

First off the chickenshit MW is not available to talk to the division head. Guy actually left the country, knowing they contract manager and the division head were coming specifically to talk to him. That's right. Left the country.

Second, the division head tells me that according to the HR and their lawyers, I committed a felony for coming here to ask about MW and his PJ status. He tells me to cease and desist with the vetting. Basically tries to tell me that if I, personnaly, can't access a public data base, meaning "google"it, it's a felony. WTF?

I informed him that HR and the lawyers were wrong and gave him a list of personal information that is legal to research without a persons consent. List includes pretty much everything except getting an actual copy of the DD214, to include military rating and military education. Ignores the list I gave him and tells me to stop anyway.

I told him the vetting was already done and there is nothing to stop and it would never gotten this far if they would have allowed my site lead to counsel MW formally. Because the contract manager refused to forward the counseling to HR for review, my site lead forwarded all the counseling data and the vetting data to the division head. Now it's all blown out of proportion.

I did inform the division head that MW was not complying with the work attire policy and the local Navy clothing policy, even though the division head counseled MW on non-compliance last December on the very same subject. And never misses an opportunity to bad mouth the site lead.

I figured this whole thing would be over yesterday but with the party in question running and hiding out of country, any talks between the big boss and MW won't take place for who knows how long.

I need a f*cking beer. Oh, wait, it's Ramadan. No alcohol for another 4 days. FML.
A felony? Nonsense-what law was broken?
"Officer, arrest that man! He Googled someone!" Sounds like your organization needs better lawyers.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke

- I'm not typing this looking for sympathy, I want you guys to listen to your body and if you see or feel something out of the ordinary going on, get it looked at by a competent Doctor. -OldCrustyBastard
Old 6 October 2009, 11:07
Confirmed User

Dude came back to work and received a counseling via conference call with big boss and site lead. He's been given a chance to respond to the counseling.

Real quiet around here now and the guy won't look me in the face or even acknowledge I'm in the room. I guess he hates me and the site lead now. Pathetic.

His shift partner did tell me has been telling all the Navy personnel that work in our ops center all the internal compnay business and making it sound like we are all f*cked up as a team. Where do these people come from?
Old 6 October 2009, 14:42
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Dude came back to work and received a counseling via conference call with big boss and site lead. He's been given a chance to respond to the counseling.

Real quiet around here now and the guy won't look me in the face or even acknowledge I'm in the room. I guess he hates me and the site lead now. Pathetic.

His shift partner did tell me has been telling all the Navy personnel that work in our ops center all the internal compnay business and making it sound like we are all f*cked up as a team. Where do these people come from?
Out of my swim lane for a quick second. It may be time for someone, to actually sit him down, and tell him to knock it the fuck off. Now his lies and stories are possibly hurting morale,and mission accomplishment. If your chain of command won't do it, it may be time for several of you to firmly tell this douche bag he needs to find another line of work. Be professional, so as not to give him any ammo, if he comes back, but be firm. Just a thought.
Old 8 October 2009, 01:13
Confirmed User

Last update. I was told today he submitted his resignation. He leaves after this next weeks shift. They already found his replacement.

I guess we reap what we sow.

I appreciate all the help on this one.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules