SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23 October 2010, 07:54
10thvet's Avatar
10thvet 10thvet is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Big Sky Country...
Posts: 3,555
Military is not public service...

Sometimes I think I cannot be suprised by anything that comes out of the political windbags on either side of the isle...but I do get suprised.

This airbag takes the cake. I have always thought there are many ways to serve our great nation and being a politican is way down on that list.


http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...est=latestnews
__________________
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage" CS Lewis

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23 October 2010, 08:11
The Fat Guy's Avatar
The Fat Guy The Fat Guy is offline
Hard to Kill
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Getting off the lawn.
Posts: 15,428
Its because liberals are used to making their constituents THINK they have their best interests first, while they keep them uneducated so they believe everything a liberal politician says at face value, without question.

That said, that allows them (Liberals) to say what they want and do what they want. Not that Republicans do not do this, but its classic, the statements by POTUS about foreign money while unions pollute the election with their purchased candidates, the ridiculous statements made by the DEM, Conway in Kentucky.

They spew rhetoric and support character attacks because they have nothing else to run on. Vote For Me because the other guys sucks WAY more than I do. Personally, I have no time for either side that attacks the man (or woman) on the other side. Tell me what you are going to do for ME besides take my money and give it to a union worker, car manufacturer or a fucking bank that will raise my interest rate. Oh, there is nothing else? OK thanks. I would like to meet this guy face to face and look me in the eye and tell me my service was not a service to the public. I am not a violent person, but this really chaps the reddest part of my ass.
__________________
No one will take better care of us, than us: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23 October 2010, 08:21
CDRODA396's Avatar
CDRODA396 CDRODA396 is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Raeford, North Pineland
Posts: 2,555
Murry (the guy the airbag was talking about) pretty much summed it up with...

"This kind of disrespect to our service members not only offends me, but is insensitive to the sacrifices made by our dedicated military families as well."
__________________
"You cant walk on water if you dont get out of the boat," the Infamous Mike Brown

"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm." CR
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23 October 2010, 08:53
SOTB's Avatar
SOTB SOTB is offline
Minus one, but more symmetrical....
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Clorox'ing the gene pool....
Posts: 32,960
Meh -- I don't consider my mil time to be public service. But I don't state that because I agree with the Dem politician -- but because I know that my time in the military was for ME -- no one else. But I also don't consider the politician's work to be that which can be categorized as "service".

Social workers -- that could be qualified as "public service." The Peace Corps would be another. The Salvation Army yet another. I suppose many police and firefighters should be considered as public servants.

I see most politicians as assbags that figure that because they have figured out to convince people to hire them (which is all voting is), that they are somehow doing their constituents a favor. When actually, the voters are doing the politicians one -- by giving them a job....
__________________
Losing faith in humanity, one assclown at a time....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23 October 2010, 09:53
Papa Smurf Papa Smurf is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: On the extract bird
Posts: 2,166
Thank God for TiVo...

Every time I flip the #$%^& remote control I get some asshat windbag POS touting, "You MUST vote for me because my scumbag opponent (fill in the blank with one or more stupid statements, decisions, or blunders) and he/she will do far worse if elected/reelected..."

If all the ads are to be believed none of the candidates are worth a shit (which may be true in some instances), which makes picking the best candidate a #$%^& nightmare.

Thanks to politicians like Moran the decision making process just got a whole lot easier!

My hat is off to anyone who served in the military, then opted to run for public office. In the military it is relatively easy to determine who the enemy is, in politics not so much...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23 October 2010, 11:00
Titleist Titleist is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
Every time I flip the #$%^& remote control I get some asshat windbag POS touting, "You MUST vote for me because my scumbag opponent (fill in the blank with one or more stupid statements, decisions, or blunders) and he/she will do far worse if elected/reelected..."

If all the ads are to be believed none of the candidates are worth a shit (which may be true in some instances), which makes picking the best candidate a #$%^& nightmare.

Thanks to politicians like Moran the decision making process just got a whole lot easier!

My hat is off to anyone who served in the military, then opted to run for public office. In the military it is relatively easy to determine who the enemy is, in politics not so much...
Here is a clip of Moran chastising Americans for foolishly believing we have any right to keep the money we earn. How this idiot manages to stay in office is beyond me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJyS1WJNisM
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23 October 2010, 19:23
Gypsy's Avatar
Gypsy Gypsy is offline
My Heroes Wear Camouflage
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,789
The article evidently spelled the guy's name wrong. It's Moron.
__________________
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. - Pericles
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23 October 2010, 22:25
Mars's Avatar
Mars Mars is online now
Mindset is Everything
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 8,359
Words spoken by yet another CLOWN who has never signed the DOTTED LINE and put himself in harm's way to protect another person other than himself. I suspect he feels he is a PUBLIC SERVANT.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23 October 2010, 22:28
10thvet's Avatar
10thvet 10thvet is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Big Sky Country...
Posts: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Meh -- I don't consider my mil time to be public service
SOTB
I understand what you are saying.

I believe that the windbag is saying "serving in politics is public service where serving in the military is not" which goes against the world as I understand it. It is just another example of how out of touch our politicans can get.
__________________
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage" CS Lewis

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24 October 2010, 03:26
GackMan's Avatar
GackMan GackMan is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Meh -- I don't consider my mil time to be public service. But I don't state that because I agree with the Dem politician -- but because I know that my time in the military was for ME -- no one else. But I also don't consider the politician's work to be that which can be categorized as "service".

Social workers -- that could be qualified as "public service." The Peace Corps would be another. The Salvation Army yet another. I suppose many police and firefighters should be considered as public servants.

I see most politicians as assbags that figure that because they have figured out to convince people to hire them (which is all voting is), that they are somehow doing their constituents a favor. When actually, the voters are doing the politicians one -- by giving them a job....
Agreed.

I don't want some bean counter to come along some day and tell me that my 12 years in the military was the same as someone picking weeds in a national park or cleaning bed pans in a nursing home.
__________________
"Everything government touches turns to crap." - Ringo Starr
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 24 October 2010, 17:37
GatorJr. GatorJr. is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 538
Thumbs down

Unfortunately, Moron *Ahem*, Moran is my Congressman, and I hate the guy. We used to have a great Congressman where I live (Tom Davis), but then they gerrymandered the district, and soon enough we received this clown. The worst thing about it all, is that we live 20 miles away from Jim's original district, yet somehow they thought we shared similar demographics and political philosophy with those idiots. I really hate it, and to be honest, Moron seems to hate us too. At a community meeting a few years back, Moron stood up and literally referred to everyone in my community as "Idiots", all because we didn't support his puppet candidates for our community's association board (My father ran in that election, for a position that he held MANY years ago when this community was different, and he as well as many of the original crew lost to this corrupt leftist group called the "ABC Coalition" (Who, btw, I discovered evidence linking them to voter fraud)). Anyways, I currently go to the Congressman in the town next door for issues I wish to discuss, because my family personally knows him, and he's a great guy (Frank Wolf).

Oh, and if you don't think that this issue runs deeply enough, Moran's puppet group is the aforementioned corrupt "ABC Coalition", and the lady who won the Presidential position in the aforementioned election, she's also ABC, and she's a DOJ official who was recently promoted to an office in MI. I love digging up the truth about these dirtbags.

I just wish that everyone else was aware of these issues. The only reason Moron keeps getting elected is because this area is so transient, and we have a huge illegal immigrant population of border jumpers who seem to believe the Moron is on their side.

Hey, if any of you folks have any more questions about this Congressman, just give me a shout. I'm sure you'd love to hear about his Jew bashing and such, he's such a swell guy, ya' know?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 24 October 2010, 19:05
SOTB's Avatar
SOTB SOTB is offline
Minus one, but more symmetrical....
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Clorox'ing the gene pool....
Posts: 32,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJr.
Hey, if any of you folks have any more questions about this Congressman, just give me a shout....
I have two questions, in advance, not to be resolved by PM.
  1. What was the voter fraud YOU discovered, and what was the result of your giving that info to the authorities?
  2. Are you suggesting that illegal aliens are voting in your district, and if so, how?
__________________
Losing faith in humanity, one assclown at a time....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 24 October 2010, 21:23
Wintersmith66's Avatar
Wintersmith66 Wintersmith66 is offline
Luddite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Haven Area, Ct
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
SOTB
I understand what you are saying.

I believe that the windbag is saying "serving in politics is public service where serving in the military is not" which goes against the world as I understand it. It is just another example of how out of touch our politicans can get.
That's how I read it. This guys just an asshole mouthing what a lot of other assholes think but aren't stupid enough to say.
__________________
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'. - Terry Pratchett, The Color Of Magic
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 24 October 2010, 21:40
Papa Smurf Papa Smurf is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: On the extract bird
Posts: 2,166
Coming in behind SOTB...

Did you present Congressman Wolf with the voter fraud evidence you discovered, and if so what has he done about it?

Considering Wolf is the most senior member of the House from Virginia and your family personally knows him it is hard to imagine you not taking something this important to your 'go-to-guy'
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 24 October 2010, 22:19
Flying Pig's Avatar
Flying Pig Flying Pig is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by GackMan View Post
Agreed.

I don't want some bean counter to come along some day and tell me that my 12 years in the military was the same as someone picking weeds in a national park or cleaning bed pans in a nursing home.
Because we all know politicians are all about sacrifice! As a cop, I dont see myself any more or less of a public servant than a military member. I think military service is probably the ultimate in public service. As a cop, I get to go home at night (or in the morning) take days off usually when I want to and get paid pretty well. As a Peace Corps or Salvation Army, you can pretty much come or go or quite whenever you want. As a military member, you are LOCKED into public service for better or for worse, till death do us part.
__________________
Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25 October 2010, 19:17
GatorJr. GatorJr. is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I have two questions, in advance, not to be resolved by PM.
  1. What was the voter fraud YOU discovered, and what was the result of your giving that info to the authorities?
  2. Are you suggesting that illegal aliens are voting in your district, and if so, how?
1. My voter fraud investigation revealed that the alleged "independent" party which was responsible for holding and counting the votes for the election, was in fact a company that provided paid services to the group of people currently in charge (ie, the "ABC Coalition"). ABC was a paying client of their accounting services, and what was supposed to be an "independent" entity, was in fact a group of people who are documented as having regularly attended meetings and get togethers with the same people who won and subsequently kept their seats. This is despite the fact that most of the community has been fed up with their leadership. Then, during the mid-term elections for certain board members just a year ago, an acquaintance of mine should've come out ahead, but the ballots that would've made-up the difference were conveniently tossed due to a declaration of being "unintelligible". Again, the same paid-for entity was responsible for that as well.

I did in fact submit the results to some people I know, and they have been working for the past few years in order to figure out how best to approach it. A lawyer was involved, but he said the only legal option would be to bring suit, and it would cost a TON of money. Now that we have a Lt. Governor whom I know, I am thinking about submitting it to him, and our Attorney General if need be. I really can't stand this garbage, and our community is being destroyed by this scum who keeps cheating their way into power. Our County Supervisor is in with the ABC folks as well, and of course the developers are receiving nice goody deals from them too. We never used to have this problem years ago, but this coalition has managed to keep a death grip on power as of recent.

2. As for the illegal aliens, I have no idea how they're able to vote. I've worked with the elections before in my precinct, and I personally know the chief, and they are very thorough with ID checks here. However, Arlington is a different beast altogether, and not every precinct is equal in their integrity. Illegal aliens get away with A LOT of things around here, and I'm dumbfounded as to how they do it all. Regarding elections, my bet is that they fill out the provisional ballots, and someone decides to count them. Look at what Acorn did if you want an example of how screwy elections can get (They were signing up homeless bums to vote, without proof of ID, address, and so forth. They also signed up tons of illegals in that fashion).
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 25 October 2010, 19:28
SOTB's Avatar
SOTB SOTB is offline
Minus one, but more symmetrical....
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Clorox'ing the gene pool....
Posts: 32,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJr.
We never used to have this problem years ago, but this coalition has managed to keep a death grip on power as of recent.
In the event that answer number one, and the following paragraph, are true -- I'm perplexed why you didn't simply pass the info on to the opposing political party. Perhaps you did, and you explained that in the follow-on paragraph -- which leads me to believe that it really wasn't voter fraud, and/or, the opposition party either uses the same technique or plans to or something as bad -- and doesn't want a hassle. Why else would this not make your local headlines? Why would it not be investigated by the State's AG, or even the Feds? Or by -- again -- the media which supports the opposition party?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJr.
As for the illegal aliens, I have no idea how they're able to vote....
Thank you. So you made an unsubstantiated comment -- backed up by another. In essence, you have no knowledge of what you accuse, but you feel pretty strongly about it. Not unlike your Astan knowledge. And your running knowledge.

Got it....
__________________
Losing faith in humanity, one assclown at a time....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 25 October 2010, 19:31
GatorJr. GatorJr. is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
Coming in behind SOTB...

Did you present Congressman Wolf with the voter fraud evidence you discovered, and if so what has he done about it?

Considering Wolf is the most senior member of the House from Virginia and your family personally knows him it is hard to imagine you not taking something this important to your 'go-to-guy'
Your point is well taken. I simply originally presented the information to the local people whom I know, because I was most concerned with how this was affecting my local community (I didn't want to jump the gun too quickly). Now that it's been a while, though, and I haven't seen anything come about from it all, I do think it will be a good idea to at least make Congressman Wolf aware of everything. I just discussed with him a few issues and ideas this past Summer, and the gentleman never ceases to amaze me at how quickly he gets on the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 25 October 2010, 19:59
GatorJr. GatorJr. is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
In the event that answer number one, and the following paragraph, are true -- I'm perplexed why you didn't simply pass the info on to the opposing political party. Perhaps you did, and you explained that in the follow-on paragraph -- which leads me to believe that it really wasn't voter fraud, and/or, the opposition party either uses the same technique or plans to or something as bad -- and doesn't want a hassle. Why else would this not make your local headlines? Why would it not be investigated by the State's AG, or even the Feds? Or by -- again -- the media which supports the opposition party?Thank you. So you made an unsubstantiated comment -- backed up by another. In essence, you have no knowledge of what you accuse, but you feel pretty strongly about it. Not unlike your Astan knowledge. And your running knowledge.

Got it....
I only gave the information to whom I knew to give it to (ie, People who are trying to clean up the local community). When you say "Authorities", the Attorney General's office is the only authority which I know of that deals with this matter (Aside from another Congressman, maybe). I didn't send it to either of them up until this point, however, because I was told that community lawyers were trying to bring it to court. I was hoping that the courts would settle it, but I've now been told that a law suit would cost too much money in the long run. The local community board is typically a non-partisan function, and those opposing the ABC are from every side of the aisle (They don't declare a party when running), but ABC itself is extremely liberal. Also, within my community there are multiple boards, at different levels, and with differing functions. I do not live in an incorporated town, or city, and therefore this situation is not quite your normal clear-cut political landscape.

Regarding the illegals issue, I'm not certain if you're familiar with this area, but it's a major problem. It's not uncommon for them to cast, or to attempt to cast ballots, and I know that from having worked the election process. You wouldn't even begin to imagine how much dirt takes place in ballot counting within certain precincts. As a matter of fact, in quite a few communities across this country, you don't even have to be a citizen to vote on certain matters. However, I never claimed to be able to definitively prove the issue pertaining towards their level of ballot casting for this particular Congressman, but I do know that they all support him, whereas most of the locals who've lived here a long time don't like Moran. That much I do know. I also know that his main district is basically El Barrio (A major portion of Arlington).


The bottom line is that politics is dirty, and the more you know about it, the more you hate it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25 October 2010, 20:47
SOTB's Avatar
SOTB SOTB is offline
Minus one, but more symmetrical....
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Clorox'ing the gene pool....
Posts: 32,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJr.
You wouldn't even begin to imagine how much dirt takes place in ballot counting within certain precincts. As a matter of fact, in quite a few communities across this country, you don't even have to be a citizen to vote on certain matters.
Your first comment might have been just a figure of speech -- but if you were implying that I'm not familiar with voter fraud and the different types of it -- well, you are certainly welcome to your opinion. As to the second comment, actually -- as you state yourself, in a number of locations across the country it is not required that one be a citizen to vote in certain types of voting situations. In fact, this Nov, this very issue is on the block in a number of places across the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJr.
However, I never claimed to be able to definitively prove the issue pertaining towards their level of ballot casting for this particular Congressman, but I do know that they all support him, whereas most of the locals who've lived here a long time don't like Moran. That much I do know. I also know that his main district is basically El Barrio (A major portion of Arlington).
We're back to your demo'ing your knowledge again.

So all illegals like Moran, right? I don't like him as a politician, and I sure as hell don't like his immigration thinking -- way too soft, IMO. But this is a person who supports that you have to speak English, and that the lack of control the US has over it's borders is a national security risk. Doesn't sound like he's the greatest of Dem buddy options for illegals.

And most of the locals don't like him. Right. Even though he took almost 70% of the votes in '08, most locals don't like him. That makes sense when you attribute the votes to fraud. Which you have proven. So there it is. Great mystery as to why people in that area continue to vote him into office -- not because THEY want him, but because they are being cheated. With illegal aliens. Who also want to learn English and have a stronger border.

As to his main district being "el Barrio" -- what part of those 65% white voters in the 8th Congressional District are cholos?
__________________
Losing faith in humanity, one assclown at a time....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:39.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET 1996-2018