SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 August 2020, 14:42
Ghey floor sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Can you post links to the criticisms?
I made a mistake. I was thinking of an article that had been retracted after criticism which also happened to be from Vietnam. I hadn't read the study you cited, although I believe it was cited the study I referred to.

Most of us are dicks, in case you haven't noticed. --MakoZeroSix
Old 13 August 2020, 14:59
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
I made a mistake. I was thinking of an article that had been retracted after criticism which also happened to be from Vietnam. I hadn't read the study you cited, although I believe it was cited the study I referred to.

Roger. Funny you mention that scenario - there was a study posted on 'Internal Medicine' that showed they also did nothing, but it was retracted after commenters pointed out some things that they didn't like about it. The authors said no problem, we'll fix your critiques with the data, but 'Internal Medicine' staff said "nah, you need to do a whole new study". Now, it may be a legit retraction, but this *always* seems to happen - the classic one is the Swiss study showing children are almost completely immune from either getting sick, or transmitting it...WHO holds press conference conveying the same...then a couple days later, WHO walks it back. So much scammery going on.

And then we still have the EYE Problem. Why do no "Maskers" rail on about Goggles/Shields (and Gloves!)?

https://www.virology.ws/2018/03/01/i...us-in-the-eye/

Follow the link at the bottom to:

Quote:
Conjunctivitis (inflammation of the membranes surrounding the eyelids) was observed in many of the human cases, as well as in later human infections with H7 influenza viruses. Apparently these viruses replicate well in the eye, which bears alpha-2,3 sialic acid receptors. From there the viruses could reach the nasal cavity via the nasolacrimal duct.
Virtue Signaling Social Control, Science Be Damned.

The Karen Proclamation: I fear the virus. I fear the outside. I fear other citizens. I will remain inside forever and live twice is long. I sit with Karen, now and eternally.
Old 13 August 2020, 21:23
I reckon so. . .

Balls

Google-> Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods

Ocala Fla. Sheriff says mandatory from this point forward, no employee of this dept shall wear a mask. Also visitors to the lobby shall wear no mask.

Oh, and he's surrounded by a mask mandate locally.

Mark that Sheriff down as a man of his own making.

*Victims* Hate Winners.
Old 13 August 2020, 21:45
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
Thanks for the reply. We wrote their constitution post WWII after all. Although they cannot force closures, Japaneses authorities appeal to to their sense of shame and duty in their requests to people to cooperate. Its one of the Japanese traits that I appreciate: you wont see looting post disaster and they pull together for the welfare of the group unlike our country.

They have closed the country to most all international travel.
For military folks traveling to Okinawa, they face a 14 day quarantine in Tokyo, followed by the same after the 3 hour flight to Oki.
Shame and duty apparently get put on the back burner when it's balls hot during Obon week, because the beach near my house has been packed all week. Granted, it's not as bad a normal years, but I'd say it's at least 75%.
Old 13 August 2020, 23:52
Swimming Upstream

How are the small restaurants doing? I am supposed to be in Tokyo mid Nov, but seeing no signs of the travel ban being lifted.. I’m going to be so disappointed to lose my Business class upgrades I got.

According to folks in Okinawa a lot of facilities are closed to tourists. And they are seeing rising cases, but nowhere near life here. Shoot my county alone has a lot more cases than all of Oki, but I think because we do more testing. At least They will likely have better recovery rates unlike our obese unhealthy population
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke

I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:5
Old 14 August 2020, 00:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
How are the small restaurants doing? I am supposed to be in Tokyo mid Nov, but seeing no signs of the travel ban being lifted.. Im going to be so disappointed to lose my Business class upgrades I got.

According to folks in Okinawa a lot of facilities are closed to tourists. And they are seeing rising cases, but nowhere near life here. Shoot my county alone has a lot more cases than all of Oki, but I think because we do more testing. At least They will likely have better recovery rates unlike our obese unhealthy population
In Miura, where I live (south of Yokosuka, down towards the mouth of Tokyo Bay), most of the small restaurants are running full speed ahead and business seems to be pretty good. I haven't been to Tokyo since January, but according to my wife (her office is in Roppongi), the only places really suffering are bars. Restaurants are doing ok, mostly due to the business lunch crowd, but bars are hurting a bit. One of her friends went to a sports bar the other day to watch a baseball game, and said he was the only one there.
Old 14 August 2020, 00:44
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
How are the small restaurants doing? I am supposed to be in Tokyo mid Nov, but seeing no signs of the travel ban being lifted.. I’m going to be so disappointed to lose my Business class upgrades I got.

My son at Kadena says the Oki government announced nonessential business shutdowns yesterday, in response to the recent spike, but unclear how much they will follow through on it.

From my hotel room in Narita: The small restaurants I'm familiar with (not in Oki) seemed to have been doing OK at least until recently. It was business as usual here for quite a while, at least as far as the locals were concerned. Their MOPP 4 game has stepped up significantly in the last few weeks though travel wise. Hopefully they aren't getting hit too hard.
Old 14 August 2020, 05:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
My son at Kadena says the Oki government announced nonessential business shutdowns yesterday, in response to the recent spike, but unclear how much they will follow through on it.

From my hotel room in Narita: The small restaurants I'm familiar with (not in Oki) seemed to have been doing OK at least until recently. It was business as usual here for quite a while, at least as far as the locals were concerned. Their MOPP 4 game has stepped up significantly in the last few weeks though travel wise. Hopefully they aren't getting hit too hard.
I was at Narita on Sunday. It was almost creepy how empty the place was.
Old 14 August 2020, 06:33
BTDT

"We can totally keep one of the first forms of life on the planet, out of our population - we're an island in the middle of the ocean, and we're humans after all - who's smarter than us?"

LOL!

American Statist's and "Tories, Royalists, or King's Men" probably applaud imprisonment in .gov facilities....for a virus weaker than influenza except for a small portion of the population. It's soooo much harder to protect *them* instead.... I guess

At least there are no more guns in NZ.... oh wait...

#virus'gonnavirus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NZ1.jpg (32.2 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg NZ2.jpg (49.1 KB, 420 views)

The Karen Proclamation: I fear the virus. I fear the outside. I fear other citizens. I will remain inside forever and live twice is long. I sit with Karen, now and eternally.

Last edited by Polypro; 14 August 2020 at 06:38.
Old 14 August 2020, 11:34
BTDT

Et tu Hawaii? (Hawaii: "Hold My Beer")

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hawa...w=1920&bih=919

Please stop with the "cases" for Christ's sake. Cases don't matter unless in a nursing home.

Hey, here's an idea: Let all your rapists and murderers out of prison, so they can rape and murder...

https://abc7.com/freed-virginia-inma...aichi/6360357/

Edit: OMFG - I was joking, Hawaii! https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/08/pu...-at-oahu-jail/

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/05/ha...eases-stopped/

Last edited by Polypro; 14 August 2020 at 11:41.
Old 14 August 2020, 15:12
Been There Done That

So the question is, if covid is the justification used to release the rapist from jail, and he killed his accuser, does that get listed as a covid death?
Old 15 August 2020, 07:40
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
So the question is, if covid is the justification used to release the rapist from jail, and he killed his accuser, does that get listed as a covid death?
Bruh, TWO deaths - she could have had a kid in the future. #covidmath

Old 16 August 2020, 09:03
Been There Done That

More “errors” here in Texas. First labs aren’t reporting negative tests, now this. But “ItS gETtInG oUt Of ConTrOl In TeXaS!!”

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/...6-8648229288ef
Old 16 August 2020, 11:38
Confirmed User

Is there any state at this point that HASN'T had to publicly admit a (or multiple sometimes) screwup related to testing data? That's not even touching on death reporting or the other ways that our savior governments have exacerbated the problem.

Saw this today: https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...rs-must-adjust I do like how they point out the stupidity of one-way aisles right up front though!
Quote:
The one-way paths take me a little out of the way, but it was easy to get used to, said Stephanie Jones, an interior designer with the company. It actually gives me the opportunity to see more people and say a quick hello when I might have just walked directly to my desk before.
BBBBBBut COVID! Spreading disease! Social distance!
Old 16 August 2020, 12:14
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
More errors here in Texas. First labs arent reporting negative tests, now this. But ItS gETtInG oUt Of ConTrOl In TeXaS!!

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/...6-8648229288ef
LOL! "Positives" Everybody gets "A Cold" too - same thing now. All the sick elderly are either recovered or dead (most, thanks to their governors).

Australia and NZ are losing their shit, LOL! All the "bUt lOoK aT aUsTrAiLia!" peeps, sure are quiet now

Old 16 August 2020, 12:17
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakers View Post
Is there any state at this point that HASN'T had to publicly admit a (or multiple sometimes) screwup related to testing data? That's not even touching on death reporting or the other ways that our savior governments have exacerbated the problem.

Saw this today: https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...rs-must-adjust I do like how they point out the stupidity of one-way aisles right up front though!

BBBBBBut COVID! Spreading disease! Social distance!

No goggles or shields in those pics. "I'll take Health Theater for $1000, Alex"

Old 16 August 2020, 17:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
LOL! "Positives" Everybody gets "A Cold" too - same thing now. All the sick elderly are either recovered or dead (most, thanks to their governors).

Australia and NZ are losing their shit, LOL! All the "bUt lOoK aT aUsTrAiLia!" peeps, sure are quiet now
Yeah, but we live in a country full of people who still think they need to wear a mask for two more weeks and the virus will go away forever. I can care less how many positives there are. One step closer to herd immunity. But its being used to drive panic and restrict freedoms.
Old 17 August 2020, 18:58
Confirmed User

So Ohio and Minn. both rescinded their bans on HCQ use, due to feedback from the medical community?

Lol, the hits just keep on coming.
Old 18 August 2020, 03:11
killjoy

Next hit?

They are withholding regular vaccines due to Covid. Children around the world are not getting regular immunizations due to concerns about something that's weaker than the diseases they are scheduled to be immunized against?

I wish Alex Berenson would get a hold of this and slice it up and lay it down.
Old 18 August 2020, 08:16
Confirmed User

NZ 4 deaths per million of population
Aus 17 "
USA 525 "
Go Figure

Our new posting rules